Groups

Are these books worth anything?

I am having a clear out and have across a pile of old books owned by my Dad as a child which he gave to me when I was young.

They are still in good condition though a little worn and very very un-PC but I am wondering whether to sell them or just give them to the charity shop

They are as follows:-

Treasure Island - The Story of the Film (1952)
    The Gilbert Harding Question Book (1957)
    Prattles - Not sure of the year but has a sticker inside saying it was presented as a Sunday School Prize in 1916
    The Boy who dreamed dreams and other Old Testament stories - Lucy Diamond (no year)
    Daily Mail Annual for Girls and Boys - Susan French (1956)
    My Book of Favourite Tales (1950)
    My Book of Fairytales and Fables (approx 1954)
    The Cruise of the Clipper - Morgan Derham (1952)
    Biggles of the Camel Squadron - Capt W E Jones (1934)

13 Comments

Could be worth a bit....maybe try selling them on Ebay and if it does well, you could donate the money to the charity shop. :thumbsup:

try amazon to see previous listings then youll find out the prices.

Original Poster

Ginner;4257874

http://www.antiqbook.co.uk/boox/lbw/books12000.shtmlTry this site very … http://www.antiqbook.co.uk/boox/lbw/books12000.shtmlTry this site very informative on prices

Thanks for the link Ginner - the first book I searched on there is selling at £180 :w00t:

fireheaven;4257929

Thanks for the link Ginner - the first book I searched on there is … Thanks for the link Ginner - the first book I searched on there is selling at £180 :w00t:

Wow, that's amazing......I bet you're glad that you didn't give it to charity now. :giggle:

Sounds like you could have a nice little goldmine sitting there.

P.S Some of these books are actually older than you. :w00t:

Original Poster

They are all older than me!! and just like me they are a little tired and worn round the edges :roll:

fireheaven;4258036

They are all older than me!! and just like me they are a little tired and … They are all older than me!! and just like me they are a little tired and worn round the edges :roll:

Hmmm....although it sounds like both comparisons are used....1 sounds like it's in peak condition. :thumbsup:

P.S Are you sure they're all older than you, as some are as recent as 1957? :giggle:

Banned

sarbjeet_;4257877

try amazon to see previous listings then youll find out the prices.

How do you see 'previous listings'? please.

I thought you might be pleased.!

Original Poster

Ginner;4258683

I thought you might be pleased.!

Oh I am very pleased :-D:-D

I might owe you a drink or 10 :thumbsup:

Check the edition. A 1st edition will usually be worth more, sometimes a lot more. 2nd, 3rd etc editions can be published in the same year and have next to no value.

Original Poster

Liddle ol' me;4266511

Check the edition. A 1st edition will usually be worth more, sometimes a … Check the edition. A 1st edition will usually be worth more, sometimes a lot more. 2nd, 3rd etc editions can be published in the same year and have next to no value.

All but one are 1st editions

fireheaven;4258036

They are all older than me!! and just like me they are a little tired and … They are all older than me!! and just like me they are a little tired and worn round the edges :roll:

Arent we all lol?

I agree with others though Fire - 1st editions are always going to be worth more. The Biggles books are quite sought after.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio44
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846165
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764205
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?31136

See more discussions