Are these fake ebay graphics card auctions, prices seem far too low and loads of stock?

Found 22nd Jan
An RX 580 for under £100
RX580

And 1080 for £128

1080 for £99
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
lol, you need to ask?
people are snapping them up though and some of the sellers look legit profiles, they look too good to be true and likely are, i'll try and flag it to ebay perhaps...
superthomo31 m ago

people are snapping them up though and some of the sellers look legit …people are snapping them up though and some of the sellers look legit profiles, they look too good to be true and likely are, i'll try and flag it to ebay perhaps...

Look at the locations, the amount sold and the feedback in the last 12 months,
33113028-WLfpO.jpg33113028-zfUdQ.jpg33113028-HKzc9.jpg
superthomo36 m ago

people are snapping them up though and some of the sellers look legit …people are snapping them up though and some of the sellers look legit profiles, they look too good to be true and likely are, i'll try and flag it to ebay perhaps...

33113059.jpgDeleted
33113059.jpgHigh jacked account
33113059.jpgBrand new fake user

The middle account looking at feedback is just general goods (old clothes etc), so would come across odd that she'd sell a massive stock of under priced GPUs.

Also the under cut price of around £400+ is the major give away. Luckily you can get your money back if you're willing to try.

But these fake sales happen all the time. Even on Amazon, known shops that have been inactive for a while have been hacked then sold games and parts for mega cheap. (Running off with the cash).

Think one scam that got shared here as a deal was a brand new ps4 game from a gardening shop on Amazon. They got bombarded with negative feedback because they were hacked, and cancelled everyone's orders. No idea if they were able to get rid of all the feedback or not. Didn't follow it up.
Edited by: "kos1c" 22nd Jan
Ah, interesting spot on the united states location with the item being in nottingham, i got through to ebay who are investigating these now...
if you see graphics cards far too cheap theyre either fake or its a hacked account. listings are only a few hours old.. give it 3 or 4 days and youll start to see all the negative feedback appearing.
Op, I have seen these types of auction popping up in the last few weeks and more so in the last week for the radeon card (i kinda keep posted a good few times a day). I have been reporting them when I see these auctions (4 so far) and ebay has told me the accounts were hijacked. One person with 20k + feedback was selling wedding clothes...I wouldnt have thought they would sell graphics cards?

Lets face it, When the card is below £100 (tbh with the crazy inflation under £250) its bogus.

Update: Jusrt as I checked, Just saw this one, New account from the last few times and 10+ cards up:

ebay.co.uk/itm…e4S
Edited by: "darthbacca37" 22nd Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions