Are these Game of Thrones discs copies?

Found 23rd Nov 2017
Didnt really know where to post this, so thought Id ask here. I bought the series 5 boxset from ebay but became suspicious of the discs and no slipnote included and returned them but the seller is disputing it saying theyre official. Ive attached images:

2836891-Ij8P9.jpg2836891-Qycyk.jpg
Thanks for any help.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
15 Comments
I would say they don't look right. Looks like a old style Lightscribe DVD. But that is just my opinion. I would have returned them as well.
Does it look anything like this? click. You could be freaking out over nothing, if the seller has good feedback then I would think they were genuine.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 23rd Nov 2017
Original Poster
Topside looks similar but are they black/dark blue on the underside?
Are they region 1 dvds? Ive bought a few region 1 boxsets and they're dark blue on the underside but they all seem legit and work as they should
Original Poster
Theyre blurays not dvds. If they were region A (for America) I wouldnt be able to play them on my UK ps3 unless theyre region free which I doubt.

And the guy said he bought them from HMV. They arrived shrinkwrapped with a red HBO sticker but didnt have inserts in the inner sleeve which seems another clue theyre not legit.
Get the guy to send you a photo/scan of the HMV receipt/order, email the publisher and find out what authentation marks they should have.
Heres a youtube video unboxing of GOT season 5 click.
Look like pirated copies to me mate. I don't think you should be able to see burn area on originals and if so it's usually lighter ? Haven't bought any in years so this may / probably has changed
Original Poster
RiverDragon83 h, 6 m ago

Heres a youtube video unboxing of GOT season 5 click.

Yeh I saw that. Unfortunately he doesnt show the underside. Theres a very brief glimpse but I cant tell.

In this video, they look like proper ones:

Edited by: "EdieHitler" 23rd Nov 2017
Original Poster
Argoj3 h, 14 m ago

Get the guy to send you a photo/scan of the HMV receipt/order, email the …Get the guy to send you a photo/scan of the HMV receipt/order, email the publisher and find out what authentation marks they should have.

Good idea about the publisher. Will see if can find their email address.
Definitely look like copies based on photo of the underside of the disc

Looks like the same as in this video

Forum post about suspected GoT S5 Blu-ray couterfeits
forum.blu-ray.com/sho…449
"-The discs are clearly burned discs - you can see the circle of burned data and area of blank data on the disc. Real discs show all silver on the bottom and are pressed, not burned."
yes they are copies =(
Edited by: "Snakeyes646" 23rd Nov 2017
This is the underside from the unboxing GOT season 5 from youtube.
32534803-j4aTP.jpg
Original Poster
RiverDragon89 h, 3 m ago

This is the underside from the unboxing GOT season 5 from youtube.[Image]

Reckon its silver? Doesnt look as dark as mine and seems to have a holograhic effect around inner ring which mine dont. The disc cover looks similar but that could be achieved with Lightscribe.
Edited by: "EdieHitler" 24th Nov 2017
So whats the newest update then?? Did the seller refund you?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants