are these genuine raybans?

Found 18th May 2009

can any1 with any knowledge of raybans tell me if they think these are fake cheers

1. Misc
  2. Ray Ban
9 Comments

I thought that Raybans were now made in Italy, not USA.

Banned

Although they were fakes & the seller lied, still a very nice pair of glasses

Beware these are fakes and not authentic as advertised

some ot their feedback

they look real, i will go check mine in a sec to see where the raybans on the lense should be

I have some but mine are made by Luxottica Ray-Ban, came with a little "the icons" booklet with a silver cleaning cloth. These looked fake compared to mine tbh

look a bit fake,if unsure best to avoid

Things to be aware of,

1. RayBan lenses are no longer manufactured by Bosch and Lomb.
2. You can buy very good quality fakes for a lot less than that
3. RayBans, like most products, are made in China. The Chinese are very happy to produce counterfeit goods using the same production machinery but poor quality materials. These "grey" items are then shipped worldwide for sale on E-Bay and market stalls. They aren't total rubbish just not as good as the genuine items.
4. The genuine items cost between £70 and £120 depending on the lens material, if something is advertised for less than half price, be very aware!

the porter;5252058

cheers for that i thought they where all made in italy now?

Mine say made in Italy on the arm:thumbsup:

]http//im…jpg

Thought I’d upload a few pics so you know what to look out for. These ones are new Ray-Ban 3025 Aviators, made in Italy. All Ray-Bans are under the Luxottica group now (since 1998/99), and nothing to do with Bausch and Lomb so be wary when buying ‘new’ Ray-Bans made by Bausch and Lomb, and NEVER buy any that have both Luxottica and Bausch and Lomb somewhere on them- e.g. BL etched on the lens, or B&L USA on nose bridge, but ‘made in Italy’ on the arm.

This is for the Ray Ban 3025 aviators, it varies for other models.

Need to look for the RB etched onto the right lens (when looking straight on).
Ray-Ban 55∆14 (meant to be a little square) or 58/62 little square 14, depending on the size… stamped UNDER the nose bridge.
R-B on both nose pads
‘Ray-Ban Made in Italy’ along the right arm. RB 3025 Aviator L W3234 55∆14 3N on the left arm, again depending on the size and colour etc you get.
And of course Ray-Ban printed on the top of the left lens (again, when looking straight on).
The case has Luxottica (the company that makes Ray Ban now) not Bausch & Lomb, as shown on the other pic of the older model case.

If you are looking for the older model Bausch & Lomb made ones, which that ebay ad seems to be selling, you need to look for pretty much the same though they have BL etched onto BOTH lenses; where the RB is on the new ones. Also BL on the nose pads, (interlocking).

Under the nose bridge they have B&L Ray-Ban 58∆14, etc, and ONTOP of the bridge have B&L RAY-BAN USA.

I would upload pics for those ones but they are pretty much the same. :thumbsup:

If in doubt on ebay ask the seller to upload some more pics of the areas of interest, gives you a better chance of finding some authentic ones! May have forgotten one or two things but hey ho… Might help anyone else out that’s looking to buy a pair.

pugw$sh;5252021

Things to be aware of,3. RayBans, like most products, are made in China. … Things to be aware of,3. RayBans, like most products, are made in China. The Chinese are very happy to produce counterfeit goods using the same production machinery but poor quality materials. These "grey" items are then shipped worldwide for sale on E-Bay and market stalls. They aren't total rubbish just not as good as the genuine items.!

Just to let you know a lot of good fakes are not actually fakes , what happens is the compnay is given an order from ray ban for 10,000 pairs for example and then they run of 11,000 pairs and the costing is incorparated to ray ban these are then sold of to make the factory that little bit more profit

this doesn't go for all fakes but the good ones like the ones you get in Hong Kong and dubai

I know this as a girlfriend of mine is a buyer for the mall of emerates in Dubai and has visited numerous factories it is a well known trade secret that this happens
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Yay for HUKD iPhone X support58
    2. Young Person's Railcard upper age limit going up to 30!11
    3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…8321565
    4. Is Black Friday a big con!2744

See more discussions