Groups

are these legal?

i was thinking of getting one for my mate for xmas but only if its legal to use in your car...

shop.ebay.co.uk/ite…doZ

16 Comments

i think they are legal

i think it's only legal if it has

POLICE STOP ! written on it.. i have unfortunately seen this sign up close a couple of times.

They're legal, but telling the driver behind what you really think of him/her may get you into trouble for other reasons. Remember Clarkson and crew reviewing these on TG a while back.

don't care this is cool think i may order one.

WANT! Really need one of these for my motorcycle. Already know what I'm going to write on it!

"There's probably no god so stop worrying and enjoy your life!"

and
    (underneath my FSM from darwinfish.co.uk)

http://www.darwinfish.co.uk/images/fsm90x200.jpg

"Touched by His noodly appendage!"

long live the spegitti monster

Banned

im getting 3 for advertisement purposes

great bit of kit and so long as you cant see the red from the front of the vehicle and your message is not abusive then all is legit.....

Original Poster

thank you everyone - i think i may be making a little purchase!! (as long as you haven't all brought them all!!)

Banned

That is so cool!! I really don't think they're legal though!!

Original Poster

fireexit;3368544

thank you everyone - i think i may be making a little purchase!! (as long … thank you everyone - i think i may be making a little purchase!! (as long as you haven't all brought them all!!)

it would appear even the police aren't sure....

policespecials.com/for…091

i'm confused.....

Banned

fireexit;3368644

it would appear even the police aren't … it would appear even the police aren't sure....http://www.policespecials.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41091i'm confused.....

That's not a surprise, it was the same with under car neons!! However they'll stop you anyway

I would have thought almost certainly illegal

(see law here opsi.gov.uk/si/…htm)

I reckon they probably break this law on moving lamps and flashing lamps if not others also:
    Movement of lamps and reflectors
    12.—(1) Save as provided in paragraph (2), no person shall use, or cause or permit to be used, on a road any vehicle to which, or to any load or equipment of which, there is fitted a lamp, reflector or marking which is capable of being moved by swivelling, deflecting or otherwise while the vehicle is in motion.
    Lamps to show a steady light
    13.—(1) Save as provided in paragraph (2), no vehicle shall be fitted with a lamp which automatically emits a flashing light.

The police have these It says Police Stop. They are well cool. They have them on BMW 5 and 7 Series.

These are illegal i think

jah128;3368671

I would have thought almost certainly illegal(see law here … I would have thought almost certainly illegal(see law here http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1989/Uksi_19891796_en_3.htm#npABiiregulationgoverningfittinglampreflectorrearmarkingdevice)I reckon they probably break this law on moving lamps and flashing lamps if not others also:Movement of lamps and reflectors12.—(1) Save as provided in paragraph (2), no person shall use, or cause or permit to be used, on a road any vehicle to which, or to any load or equipment of which, there is fitted a lamp, reflector or marking which is capable of being moved by swivelling, deflecting or otherwise while the vehicle is in motion.Lamps to show a steady light13.—(1) Save as provided in paragraph (2), no vehicle shall be fitted with a lamp which automatically emits a flashing light.

Also they would probably have cause to prosecute as these won't be 'E' marked (ie, certified for road use). As with anything though, depends who pulls you over.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…3078
      2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7201356
      3. 24 studio order number 0844 800 11 22119
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2698

See more discussions