Groups

Are these Lexibooks any good?

Link in next post.

I have a DD who will be 8 on her next birthday, and is very bright. Loves the computer but will hog the thing.

I am looking for a little laptop type thing for her, to use downstairs btw!

Does this look any good? Or would you just go for a Netbook?

7 Comments

Original Poster

argos.co.uk/sta…htm?_$ja=tsid:11527%7Ccc:%7Cprd:9261194%7Ccat:toys+%26+games+%3E+electronic+and+learning+toys+%3E+electronic+learning

Simple answer: NO

They run Windows CE which will hardly run any software at all, many sites wont work due to lack of flash support, better off getting a proper netbook, you can get them cheaper than this anyway such as this one on Argos Ebay, Item Number 360319404040

Thats well overpriced anyway same sort of thing but without bright coloured case £74.99 on ebay 170566404089

THis is a good deal Argos

Original Poster

harlzter

Simple answer: NOThey run Windows CE which will hardly run any software … Simple answer: NOThey run Windows CE which will hardly run any software at all, many sites wont work due to lack of flash support, better off getting a proper netbook, you can get them cheaper than this anyway such as this one on Argos Ebay, Item Number 360319404040

Thank you That net book would be able to run sites basically with kids games on and the educational sites? That is all she would be using really. Maybe music like spotify for her.

Original Poster

harlzter

THis is a good deal Argos

Thanks for that link, Will show DH later and hopefully pick one up we can

beth3735

Thank you That net book would be able to run sites basically with kids … Thank you That net book would be able to run sites basically with kids games on and the educational sites? That is all she would be using really. Maybe music like spotify for her.

Any netbook running proper Windows (xp,vista,windows 7) will be fine with any website, or Linux versions are pretty good too, its just Windows Ce you need to avoid (it was made more for phones/sat navs etc)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2849
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?24103
      3. Sad news about Barcelona24102
      4. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??1111

See more discussions