Groups

Are they trying to pull a fast one?????

I recently bought a present for my daughter and when we tried to use it it wouldn't work! I phoned up the company that made them to see if I was doing something wrong and they told me to send it back as it sounded faulty,

After further investigation it was found to be faulty and as the company dont do this item any more they have given me a list of about 20 items to choose from instead, The item is worth £55, as it is faulty shouldn't I be entitled to any of their products as there is nothing on the list that we need, or are they allowed to offer this? Can anyone advise me, Thanks in advance xx

16 Comments

Banned

You can't just have anything.

If its bought off the internet, you've got 14 days to send it back for a refund, full stop, end of discussion.

Otherwise, if it is faulty within a reasonable period - yes its that vague, you are entitled to a full refund. Equally most places would say you could pay the extra to get something more expensive etc.

If the item is faulty you are entitled to a refund under the sale of goods act:
    berr.gov.uk/wha…tml

EDIT - this might not apply if the company is outside the UK.

As far as i know you are entitled to your purchase price refunded
    to you ( £55? ) you are not forced to have anything as a replacement
    but you certainly cannot choose any of their products........
    google sale of goods act

Original Poster

This is the problem, I didnt buy the item direct off the company, I purchased it from a high street chain, Its just because they said they'd look at it as it wasnt working this has come about, They are offering me baby toys instead of a 9 year olds girl item that i have sent them, Wasn't sure what to do.

simon012;4539895

As far as i know you are entitled to your purchase price refundedto you ( … As far as i know you are entitled to your purchase price refundedto you ( £55? ) you are not forced to have anything as a replacementbut you certainly cannot choose any of their products........google sale of goods act

Banned

mumofthree;4539944

This is the problem, I didnt buy the item direct off the company, I … This is the problem, I didnt buy the item direct off the company, I purchased it from a high street chain, Its just because they said they'd look at it as it wasnt working this has come about, They are offering me baby toys instead of a 9 year olds girl item that i have sent them, Wasn't sure what to do.

the sale of goods act refers to the place you bought it then.

Banned

when you say recently, how recent? if under 28 days i believe you are entitled to a full refund

Original Poster

OK, Thankyou x

Original Poster

6 Weeks ago from the shop but the company have had it back for over four weeks

sassie;4540046

when you say recently, how recent? if under 28 days i believe you are … when you say recently, how recent? if under 28 days i believe you are entitled to a full refund

Banned

did you deal with the shop and they sent off, or did you go direct to manufacturor

I don't understand why you didn't just take it back where you bought it :?

Agreed, take it back to the shop, they are responsible.

Original Poster

The shop told me to go straight to manufacturer as they didnt have any more!

mumofthree;4540881

The shop told me to go straight to manufacturer as they didnt have any … The shop told me to go straight to manufacturer as they didnt have any more!

They should have offered you a refund.
    Get it back from the manufacturer and take it back to the shop.
    EDIT - as aircanman says - get a written report that it is faulty - that will make it easier to return.
    If they refuse to pay up take your case to your local trading standards office.

mumofthree;4540881

The shop told me to go straight to manufacturer as they didnt have any … The shop told me to go straight to manufacturer as they didnt have any more!

you now need a written report that the item is faulty, and you need it sent back to you. Take these into the shop and say there is nothing they can do. You are LEGALLY allowed a refund because they can not rectify the problem with the item. Simple as that.

Sale of goods specifies that you have to give them reasonable time to repair the item. Because they cant do this, refund all the way.

mumofthree;4540881

that's ****. ask to talk to the manger and see what he/she would do

mumofthree;4540881

they should have given u a refund, see if u can get it back and take it to the store demanding a refund as its faulty.let us know how u get on.xxx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?611
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424014473
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826350
      4. word association Game73844457

See more discussions