Are we allowed to exchange shoes past 30 days

Found 11th MarEdited by:"ririk13"
Hi, i’ve brought some shoes from JD and I want to give it back and get another shoe but it’s been more then 30 days, what should I do
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
I'd say no. Maybe try sell them on fb/shpock or Gumtree?
Edited by: "Snakeyes646" 11th Mar
Are they faulty?
geojo1 m ago

Are they faulty?

No, I just want to get a different shoe, as I don’t like these ones anymore
If this is a change of mind then you need to check the policy of the store. If you bought in store, you don't necessarily have any rights to a change of mind return unless the store has a returns policy.

If you purchased online the the Consumer Contracts Regulations gives you a cancellation period that starts the moment you place your order and ends 14 days from the day you receive your goods. You then have a further 14 days from the date you notify the retailer that you'd like to cancel your order to return the goods to them.

If the item is faulty, then that's another scenario completely.
ririk139 m ago

No, I just want to get a different shoe, as I don’t like these ones anymore

“Please return your goods to us within 14 days of cancellation. If you would like an exchange send back to us within 28 days. Personalised products (shirt printing etc.) cannot be returned.”

I don’t think you can return them because you no longer like them. I would agree with Snakeyes646 and sell them elsewhere
The first question should be
"have you had them on your feet since buying them?"
If it's been over 28 days they may give you a credit note, they gave me one last year when I returned my trainers out of return date
If you've used them then 100% no

If you haven't, depending on the store manager you get on the day, they may well let you exchange them. No harm in trying.
It took you more than 30 days to realise you dont like them? Maybe you dont need to return the shoes, but get your eyes checked?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants