Are we allowed to make requests for donations for research?

Banned 33 replies
Found 19th Jan 2010

Anyone know?

Someone I know is in need and I think its a worthy cause!

1. Misc
  2. Alcohol
32 Comments

Original Poster Banned

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3407/mailgooglecom8139515.jpg

nope....cant do charity things as mods apparently wouldnt be able to check each one is real :roll: my cousin did the marathon se sables last year to raise money for a very worth while cause (through justgiving so obviously legit) and I was told this....only way round it is to link to something in your location area

Original Poster Banned

lil_tiger;7593227

nope....cant do charity things as mods apparently wouldnt be able to … nope....cant do charity things as mods apparently wouldnt be able to check each one is real :roll: my cousin did the marathon se sables last year to raise money for a very worth while cause (through justgiving so obviously legit) and I was told this....only way round it is to link to something in your location area

Yeh but this one is a really worthy cause. (seriously)

guv;7593259

Yeh but this one is a really worthy cause. (seriously)

no offence but so is practically every other charity.....message a mod but I will be suprised if you get a pos response :thumbsup:

Banned

Just post it and see what happens :thumbsup:

Good thread OP

Good thread. I can't see anything and I'm not sure what 'alchohol' is.

Are you trying to link a picture from an e-mail account or something?

Charity threads are a bit of a contentious issue on here (as you may have gathered from the Haiti thread and the un-necessary complaints about Help for Heroes). Maybe you can post a thread to raise awareness but not specifically ask for donations?

PS I presume you didn't add those tags?

gari189;7593415

Charity threads are a bit of a contentious issue on here (as you may have … Charity threads are a bit of a contentious issue on here (as you may have gathered from the Haiti thread and the un-necessary complaints about Help for Heroes). Maybe you can post a thread to raise awareness but not specifically ask for donations?PS I presume you didn't add those tags?

Click on the tags and it will tell you who added them. And yes, yes he did.

We_Are_138;7593424

Click on the tags and it will tell you who added them. And yes, yes he … Click on the tags and it will tell you who added them. And yes, yes he did.

LOL, no that just searches the term for you :thumbsup: redirecting back to this thread

i think this is a tongue in cheek thread?

loupomm;7593443

At the very least!!

No more booze for you today guv! It's only Tuesday.

We_Are_138;7593424

Click on the tags and it will tell you who added them. And yes, yes he … Click on the tags and it will tell you who added them. And yes, yes he did.

except for the last one of boothy's.;-)

Met-Cast;7593442

LOL, no that just searches the term for you :thumbsup: redirecting back … LOL, no that just searches the term for you :thumbsup: redirecting back to this thread

No, it can tell you who added the specific tag.

Look, I click on 'alchohol' and it shows this thread and guv:

http://i46.tinypic.com/20tmf7o.jpg

Now, if I add 'blergh' to the tags and click it, it shows this thread and me. That's because I added it to this specific thread:

http://i46.tinypic.com/w9d2c6.jpg

chesso;7593487

except for the last one of boothy's.;-)

Correct, but that was only added a few minutes ago ;-)

EDIT: Plz can I has run misk nao?

just post it if it gets removed at least a few will see it i did it last week and got a few votes for charity

supermod

guv, strictly speaking it wouldn't be allowed under current code of conduct rules.

What you can do is to ]'Contact Admin' with the relevant details + background info & ask for permission to post a thread - they will advise accordingly, but please don't start a thread without getting approval first.

Thanks.

We_Are_138;7593513

No, it can tell you who added the specific tag. Look, I click on … No, it can tell you who added the specific tag. Look, I click on 'alchohol' and it shows this thread and guv:Now, if I add 'blergh' to the tags and click it, it shows this thread and me. That's because I added it to this specific thread:Correct, but that was only added a few minutes ago ;-)EDIT: Plz can I has run misk nao?

Still says guv for me on all?:?

Met-Cast;7594137

Still says guv for me on all?:?

Yes, it doesn't work like that on IE as far as I know.

Original Poster Banned

lil_tiger;7593291

no offence but so is practically every other charity.....message a mod … no offence but so is practically every other charity.....message a mod but I will be suprised if you get a pos response :thumbsup:

LOOOL

loupomm;7593443

Ya think! :w00t:

sigma;7594006

guv, strictly speaking it wouldn't be allowed under current code of … guv, strictly speaking it wouldn't be allowed under current code of conduct rules.What you can do is to ]'Contact Admin' with the relevant details + background info & ask for permission to post a thread - they will advise accordingly, but please don't start a thread without getting approval first.Thanks.

Hmmmm.......... I'd imagine that the guy in the picture would have appreciated any donations for his alcohol research.......but then again, I never expected you to think this was serious! You maaad!:w00t:

But it would have been a no if it was serious....... gotcha!

guv;7593213

[IMG]https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=fa71694dfb&view=att&th=126469eaf780bd93&attid=0.1.5&disp=inline&zw[/IMG]

i cant see the pic?

What picture?

loupomm;7594270

i cant see the pic?

Goonieman;7594301

What picture?

Red square for me.:roll:

Re smilies and the like - we could do with a thumbs down one.:giggle:

chesso;7594155

Yes, it doesn't work like that on IE as far as I know.

I'm on firefox?

Original Poster Banned

loupomm;7594270

i cant see the pic?

You cant see this?

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/3198/alcoholl.jpg

Explains a bit I guess!:p

guv;7594369

You cant see this?Explains a bit I guess!:p

It's probably because you linked it from an e-mail account, however having already seen the image whilst logged in, it's now stored in your cache/temporary internet files. The rest of us can't see it in your original post, but as you've took a screenshot and uploaded to an image host and posted it, now we can. Hurrah.

Met-Cast;7594368

I'm on firefox?

I'm using version 3.5.7, but I'm sure it worked on more recent older versions.

Nope, i believe the term is [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]EPIC FAIL![/SIZE][/COLOR]

Met-Cast;7594368

I'm on firefox?

We_Are_138 sounds like he would be able to explain. I have no idea beyond IE doesn't do that for me!! :oops:

guv;7594369

You cant see this?Explains a bit I guess!:p.

:giggle:

How much FAIL??

Original Poster Banned

We_Are_138;7594391

It's probably because you linked it from an e-mail account, however … It's probably because you linked it from an e-mail account, however having already seen the image whilst logged in, it's now stored in your cache/temporary internet files. The rest of us can't see it in your original post, but as you've took a screenshot and uploaded to an image host and posted it, now we can. Hurrah.I'm using version 3.5.7, but I'm sure it worked on more recent older versions.

haha.... I did host it - but must have copied the url from the wrong tab!

I did wonder at some of the posts (and as you said, I could see the image fine!)

Epic fail!!!

chesso;7594436

We_Are_138 sounds like he would be able to explain. I have no idea beyond … We_Are_138 sounds like he would be able to explain. I have no idea beyond IE doesn't do that for me!! :oops:

Unfortunately I can't, and it would have been an opportune time to use diagrams and screenshots, too

Here's the original pic:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2621jld.jpg

And a bonus one for Guv:

http://i45.tinypic.com/25ft6c8.jpg

Original Poster Banned

Goonieman;7594406

Nope, i believe the term is [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]EPIC … Nope, i believe the term is [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]EPIC FAIL![/SIZE][/COLOR]

chesso;7594436

How much FAIL??

About this much! :w00t:

http://kevinrobinson.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/epic_fail.jpg

We_Are_138;7594474

Unfortunately I can't, and it would have been an opportune time to use … Unfortunately I can't, and it would have been an opportune time to use diagrams and screenshots, too :(Here's the original pic:And a bonus one for Guv:

:giggle: - will have to remain a mystery.

Looks like a world wide campaign.:-D

guv;7594479

About this much! :w00t:

True but it turned out to be very funny, much funnier than with the pic.:giggle:

Original Poster Banned

chesso;7594530

True but it turned out to be very funny, much funnier than with the … True but it turned out to be very funny, much funnier than with the pic.:giggle:

It depends on what screen you're viewing! It looked hilarious on mine.

inb4 little things........
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best place to load vouchers for Black Friday for 4k tv11
    2. Sapphire RX 480 or GTX 1060 founders edition11
    3. Foo fighters presale code.3537
    4. landlord trying to get tenant to purchase a new bed when the old one was al…1118

See more discussions