Groups

Are you a non smoker?

When buying second hand goods why does this question crop up, is not only the potential buyers but the sellers too, countless times ive seen "from a non smoking and pet free home"

Does it matter that much?

I smoke and have a dog, doesnt mean i smoke in the house or let me dog play on my xbox.

Its Sunday im bored

27 Comments

Original Poster

Only exception is clothes btw

But im aiming more at DVDs/Games

i always look for non smokerr and no pets, they normally have a nice smelling cleaner house.

most smokers have a shady persona about them too

Banned

Starr;7127268

Only exception is clothes btw :)But im aiming more at DVDs/Games

The cases can smell of smoke too.

matters on cars and property as takes ages to get the reak out even if u smoke outside,on little things like xbox etc dosent make much diffrience,a little kid with sweaty hands and sweets and drinks is alot worse

Original Poster

black gerbil1;7127291

i always look for non smokerr and no pets, they normally have a nice … i always look for non smokerr and no pets, they normally have a nice smelling cleaner house. most smokers have a shady persona about them too

Watch out for me on the fs/ft boards then.

Not like youd need to buy second hand goods though brah ;-)

black gerbil1;7127291

i always look for non smokerr and no pets, they normally have a nice … i always look for non smokerr and no pets, they normally have a nice smelling cleaner house. most smokers have a shady persona about them too

got to agree even tho i have a dog would always like it from a smoke free home i think most people do if they have kids

even buying things like cd,dvds etc nothing worse than them reeking of smoke obviously a smoker cannot smell thisbut non smokers defo do

well i am a smoker doesnt mean i smoke in my house or in the car and my house smells lovely i take pride in what i have.

FilthAndFurry;7127300

yes, can smell it on most stuff even the packaging if a carrier bag or something like that has been used thats been in the house

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;7127300

Does it smell that much? Genuine question

JACKIT99;7127301

matters on cars and property as takes ages to get the reak out even if u … matters on cars and property as takes ages to get the reak out even if u smoke outside,on little things like xbox etc dosent make much diffrience,a little kid with sweaty hands and sweets and drinks is alot worse

Agree cars and houses are a big thing.

Kids are more of a nightmare, id rather receive something smelling of smoke than a scratched up dvd

Im Alergic To Dogs And Hate The Smell Of Smoke As I Now Dont

oh and also I have a pet allergy and whether you believe it or not I can tell if someone is a pet owner as my eyes start to itch, true. I have been to the cleanest spotless homes and i can still tell pet dont mean they are dirty though

i have sold things on here before no ones ever complained about the smell of smoke.

Original Poster

raptorcigs;7127371

Im Alergic To Dogs And Hate The Smell Of Smoke As I Now Dont

If you have an allergy then it makes sense to ask.

Glad i sarted this thread though as didnt know so many people cared about it.

Original Poster

greyparrot;7127379

i have sold things on here before no ones ever complained about the smell … i have sold things on here before no ones ever complained about the smell of smoke.

Well maybe as we dont smoke in the house the items smell fine.

Ive never had a complaint.

I can now see it annoys people though :thumbsup:

i dont smoke and i have received stuff one in particular and it was stinking of smoke and more so as it had been parceled up for a few days! so now i always ask if it comes from smoke free home i have to watch with pets as my son is allergic to some

Starr;7127401

Well maybe as we dont smoke in the house the items smell fine.Ive never … Well maybe as we dont smoke in the house the items smell fine.Ive never had a complaint.I can now see it annoys people though :thumbsup:

you can definatly smell smoke from anything bought from a smoker(if they smoke in house)

tho i wouldnt complain about it unless they stated from smoke free house lol

Depends on the item I guess, if someone was buying it as a gift I doubt they wanna pass it on reeking of fags. But I'd be more peeved as the recipient receiving a gift purchased on ebay.

greyparrot;7127379

i have sold things on here before no ones ever complained about the smell … i have sold things on here before no ones ever complained about the smell of smoke.

Starr;7127388

If you have an allergy then it makes sense to ask.Glad i sarted this … If you have an allergy then it makes sense to ask.Glad i sarted this thread though as didnt know so many people cared about it.

Starr;7127401

Well maybe as we dont smoke in the house the items smell fine.Ive never … Well maybe as we dont smoke in the house the items smell fine.Ive never had a complaint.I can now see it annoys people though :thumbsup:

if im going to be honest im not sure that many people would complain as they are probably too polite, when my kids go to stay at nana's I send thier stuff in carrier bags so i can throw em when they get back, I also get them to change thier clothes after a bath and thats immediately they get home, I cant stand it but Im not that fussed about if Im about my friends and they smoke, I even go out with them, odd I know

Maybe if I list anything on ebay i'll include the following...

Yes I have pets, yes I smoke. On the plus side I don't have destructive kids and don't drink so your item is guaranteed not to arrived wrecked, covered in puke, ****, or blood from when I went on a bender and beat the crap out of wifey and the kids.

i bought a wii controller from ebay and the person obviously smoked and the controller stank for about two weeks after until it finally lost the smoke smell

Shengis;7127462

Maybe if I list anything on ebay i'll include the following...Yes I have … Maybe if I list anything on ebay i'll include the following...Yes I have pets, yes I smoke. On the plus side I don't have destructive kids and don't drink so your item is guaranteed not to arrived wrecked, covered in puke, ****, or blood from when I went on a bender and beat the crap out of wifey and the kids.

Haha

i also have a dog but i dont mention it unless people ask.

Shengis;7127462

Maybe if I list anything on ebay i'll include the following...Yes I have … Maybe if I list anything on ebay i'll include the following...Yes I have pets, yes I smoke. On the plus side I don't have destructive kids and don't drink so your item is guaranteed not to arrived wrecked, covered in puke, ****, or blood from when I went on a bender and beat the crap out of wifey and the kids.

:thumbsup:

I like it,.

I don't believe that dog owners or smokers' homes are any less clean than others. However, I used to have a catalogue courier who always delivered my La Redoute orders. Every parcel I received stank to high heavens of stale cigarettes, I think probably more because he was smoking in his car, than from his house. I smoked myself til 12 years ago, and don't mind smokers smoking in my house, but this was just unacceptable. He was such a nice guy that I couldn't say anything, but am glad that he's not my courier any more.

i always ask if its a bed or other type of furnishings otherwise we just wash it, i dont expect folk to put the info up just because of my faults and being alergic to animals aint there fault its mine
    but smoking is there fault as its a health risk too

Banned

bet that "stylish shisha/hooka" that sold pongs a bit : )

Ive Bought Stuff A Few Times From What People Claim Is Smoke Free Home. But As Said Its Bs When Peeps But I Smoke Outside As Its Still Tarnishes Carrier Bags Clotehs Etc.
    The Clothes Or W/e Havent Smelt Too Bad But The Reek When You Open The Parcel Shows That I Was Lied To. Most Likely They Smoked In Their Car On Way To Post Office Iyswim
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.1830
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …1216
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764453
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846248

See more discussions