Groups

Are you able to send from a City link depot?

Just wondering as I have a parcel that needs sending, and can't be around all day for the courier. And citylink appear to be significantly cheaper than the PO. So does anyone know if you can just go to one of their depots and send from there?
    Thanks

12 Comments

I use parcel monkey and quidco or top cashback to send via city link.
    Book delivery .
    Wait for email to confirm booking.
    Print label from email.
    Deliver parcel to depot.
    No waiting around.
    All sorted.
    OK

i know u can with business account

but city link are rubbish anyway

Nope you need an account to send with City-link from the depot and there prices may seem cheaper cause they have no insurance policy as such. Unless you use one of the 3rd parties as mentioned above which you will find will be even cheaper than city-link direct with some kind of insurance policy. I tend to use Interparcel cause they use UPS which my brother works for so an extra bit of security for me thats all.
    Edited by: "newbie1001" 5th Dec 2010

I think city link are good

As i stated above book with parcel monkey etc and you dont need an account.
    just follow steps and drop at depot.
    Ive done this on a least 25 times this year.
    As for there service ive not had any probs so cant comment on this.
    But the service ive had is great.
    Used next day service which should be pickup next day from you deliver to them next day over all 2 days.
    But drop off on day of booking they then deliver next day.

Edited by: "bigwheels" 5th Dec 2010

Wait till they wipe out a £1500 switch and make it nigh on impossible to get your case back will soon change your tune then

A £1500.00 item
    I would deliver it myself and want it signed for in there blood.
    And keep there finger as proof of receipt.

Original Poster

bigwheels

As i stated above book with parcel monkey etc and you dont need an … As i stated above book with parcel monkey etc and you dont need an account.just follow steps and drop at depot.Ive done this on a least 25 times this year.As for there service ive not had any probs so cant comment on this.But the service ive had is great.Used next day service which should be pickup next day from you deliver to them next day over all 2 days.But drop off on day of booking they then deliver next day.

so when you arrange it on there website what do you say, as there is no option for them to not pick up from your house, so i assume they still come to your house?

That's a business for you rather naive when it comes to couriers many a time i have tried to push them elsewhere but since they have accounts set up there they just use them whatever

Say nothing book pickup during booking process.
    Print of label.
    Stick to box.
    Take to depot hand it over they scan it in.
    Your all done
    They send a man to pick it up next day but the norm is its been delivered before he comes to pick it up.
    I look at tracking and it says arrived at depot monday 11.00am
    delivered tuesday 11.00am for example.
    missed pick up tuesday 15.00pm

Original Poster

bigwheels

Say nothing book pickup during booking process.Print of label.Stick to … Say nothing book pickup during booking process.Print of label.Stick to box.Take to depot hand it over they scan it in.Your all doneThey send a man to pick it up next day but the norm is its been delivered before he comes to pick it up.I look at tracking and it says arrived at depot monday 11.00amdelivered tuesday 11.00am for example.missed pick up tuesday 15.00pm

Thanks, cleared it up
    I think I will do this, only thing concerning me is the insurance, but oh well.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4872387
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27132
      3. GCSE Results day33
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846348

See more discussions