Expired

are you allowed to affiliate your own URL links on ukhd?

Found 31st Jan
are you allowed to affiliate your own URL links on ukhd?
Community Updates
Ask
24 Comments
Nope, it's not allowed! We help each other out and hukd hosts the platform in return for affiliate on all purchases
No
You do know how the sites works? It takes the money off every click through we make, allowing your own links would do away with their revenue.
As above. No, it's not permitted. And it's HUKD
Syzable49 m ago

As above. No, it's not permitted. And it's HUKD

Terrible isn't it? We make your site money and see nothing, clever how you quickly change links tho. Doubt I'll upload anymore and upload via social networks and affiliate with my dealers directly. Can't see this site lasting much longer especially as your site has gotten uglier since july last year lol
machomansavage7 m ago

Terrible isn't it? We make your site money and see nothing, clever how you …Terrible isn't it? We make your site money and see nothing, clever how you quickly change links tho. Doubt I'll upload anymore and upload via social networks and affiliate with my dealers directly. Can't see this site lasting much longer especially as your site has gotten uglier since july last year lol

It's not my site. I wish!!! However, if you factor in the costs to run a site this size then it's understandable and it's transparent how the site makes it's money if you read the about page.

Also there are many giveaways during the year.

This sort of thing is handled by the Admin team and the site staff (Mods) enforce the rules that have been set. Any direct queries about affiliates and how they work would need to be directed to the contact form
machomansavage11 m ago

Terrible isn't it? We make your site money and see nothing, clever how you …Terrible isn't it? We make your site money and see nothing, clever how you quickly change links tho. Doubt I'll upload anymore and upload via social networks and affiliate with my dealers directly. Can't see this site lasting much longer especially as your site has gotten uglier since july last year lol

HUKD isn't a charity, and it also costs money to continue to run and maintain the site. While you may not see a direct tangible benefit, you're presumably here in the first place because of the free service that the site offers in allowing you to find good value purchases.
Illusionary25 m ago

HUKD isn't a charity, and it also costs money to continue to run and …HUKD isn't a charity, and it also costs money to continue to run and maintain the site. While you may not see a direct tangible benefit, you're presumably here in the first place because of the free service that the site offers in allowing you to find good value purchases.

And we're not the samaritans either! Even if they offered 0.001p as some sort of incentive. Look what they done to this one guy. Plenty of others too

click here

after reading this makes me very angry! Especially after HUKD uploading his hard work to their sister site! PS bet they're laughing all the way to the bank with your uploads lol in fairness they get some heat: and you're not seeing a penny of it. You'd make quite some money uploading via social media and having your own website. Why do it to yourself? Like the heat attention?. I will say it's very clever what they do!
Edited by: "machomansavage" 1st Feb
eslick1 h, 47 m ago

You do know how the sites works? It takes the money off every click …You do know how the sites works? It takes the money off every click through we make, allowing your own links would do away with their revenue.

Bump
machomansavage1 h, 5 m ago

And we're not the samaritans either! Even if they offered 0.001p as some … And we're not the samaritans either! Even if they offered 0.001p as some sort of incentive. Look what they done to this one guy. Plenty of others too click here after reading this makes me very angry! Especially after HUKD uploading his hard work to their sister site! PS bet they're laughing all the way to the bank with your uploads lol in fairness they get some heat: and you're not seeing a penny of it. You'd make quite some money uploading via social media and having your own website. Why do it to yourself? Like the heat attention?. I will say it's very clever what they do!

I remember him

'AhmedCentral'

Saved thousands of us a fortune in mobile costs. Made us think about how we pay for PAYG/Contracts.

Great spreadsheet. I didn't begrudge him making a few quid. The effort he put in was phenomenal.

But it broke HUKD rules so that was that.

I have simple policy with deals I find on HUKD. If I can get quidco or TCB, I go through them. If not, I click via HUKD. Why shouldn't they benefit?
Illusionary1 h, 46 m ago

HUKD isn't a charity, and it also costs money to continue to run and …HUKD isn't a charity, and it also costs money to continue to run and maintain the site. While you may not see a direct tangible benefit, you're presumably here in the first place because of the free service that the site offers in allowing you to find good value purchases.

A year ago i would see so many good deals now maybe once a week there is something and that's not just because I don't need anything its because of the greed and the manipulation of the owners pushing certain retailers, people are fed up
machomansavage1 h, 25 m ago

And we're not the samaritans either! Even if they offered 0.001p as some … And we're not the samaritans either! Even if they offered 0.001p as some sort of incentive. Look what they done to this one guy. Plenty of others too click here after reading this makes me very angry! Especially after HUKD uploading his hard work to their sister site! PS bet they're laughing all the way to the bank with your uploads lol in fairness they get some heat: and you're not seeing a penny of it. You'd make quite some money uploading via social media and having your own website. Why do it to yourself? Like the heat attention?. I will say it's very clever what they do!

If only you had thought of it before the founders of hukd
Creatishh1st Feb

A year ago i would see so many good deals now maybe once a week there is …A year ago i would see so many good deals now maybe once a week there is something and that's not just because I don't need anything its because of the greed and the manipulation of the owners pushing certain retailers, people are fed up

site has become hotukadverts now with extra heat given for site posted deals I am sure, have seen some deals posted recently for site I have never heard of one was a brand new post by mods no other posts by anyone else, another retailer has 40 posts, 35 of them were by people connected to the site. I think sooner or later the ASA will investigate as those have to be adverts in all but name.
Edited by: "eslick" 1st Feb
This is an epic tantrum
RossD891 h, 21 m ago

This is an epic tantrum

Not a tantrum. Its about not being stupid. Or dont you understand the topic?
shadey127 h, 28 m ago

If only you had thought of it before the founders of hukd

Yep:), must of been a nightmare for the founders when this site first came out though. I know they didn't have many users as they do today but still must of been hard them editing every uploaded url to their own affiliate URL.
machomansavage8 h, 54 m ago

And we're not the samaritans either! Even if they offered 0.001p as some …And we're not the samaritans either! Even if they offered 0.001p as some sort of incentive. Look what they done to this one guy. Plenty of others too click here after reading this makes me very angry! Especially after HUKD uploading his hard work to their sister site! PS bet they're laughing all the way to the bank with your uploads lol in fairness they get some heat: and you're not seeing a penny of it. You'd make quite some money uploading via social media and having your own website. Why do it to yourself? Like the heat attention?. I will say it's very clever what they do!

Thats shocking. They stole the guys work. Didn't know the site operated this way. I'll be going to the sites directly now instead of clicking get deal.
Gollywood7 h, 53 m ago

I remember him'AhmedCentral'Saved thousands of us a fortune in mobile …I remember him'AhmedCentral'Saved thousands of us a fortune in mobile costs. Made us think about how we pay for PAYG/Contracts.Great spreadsheet. I didn't begrudge him making a few quid. The effort he put in was phenomenal.But it broke HUKD rules so that was that.I have simple policy with deals I find on HUKD. If I can get quidco or TCB, I go through them. If not, I click via HUKD. Why shouldn't they benefit?

Not begrudging that. But why shouldn't we benefit either? They copied AhmedCentrals work over the their sister site "mobet" or something (in the link I sent) that my friend is called a "c*** trick" banning him yet uploading his work. How would you feel?... Exactly!
DevilsReaper8 m ago

Thats shocking. They stole the guys work. Didn't know the site operated …Thats shocking. They stole the guys work. Didn't know the site operated this way. I'll be going to the sites directly now instead of clicking get deal.

Insane isn't it? not only that but any link u click HUKD activate cookies for 30 days. So if u don't make a purchase when u click a deals link. Anytime u visit that specific site again within thirty days and buy anything they'll make money not just off the purchase you saw here. But every single item u bought off that website
DevilsReaper9 m ago

Thats shocking. They stole the guys work. Didn't know the site operated …Thats shocking. They stole the guys work. Didn't know the site operated this way. I'll be going to the sites directly now instead of clicking get deal.

So you want to use hukd but for them not have any revenue?
machomansavage43 m ago

Not a tantrum.

No, of course not...
Edited by: "RossD89" 1st Feb
machomansavage26 m ago

Insane isn't it? not only that but any link u click HUKD activate cookies …Insane isn't it? not only that but any link u click HUKD activate cookies for 30 days. So if u don't make a purchase when u click a deals link. Anytime u visit that specific site again within thirty days and buy anything they'll make money not just off the purchase you saw here. But every single item u bought off that website

Now that, if true, is pretty shady.

Glad I browse mostly in incognito if that turns out to be the case.
shadey1248 m ago

So you want to use hukd but for them not have any revenue?

No the whole premise is hotukdeals need to sensivise posters with a commision, just like youtube does, its strives because the mass amount of content available is eye watering which bring in viewers which pays for the ads

if users got part of the money many people would trawl for the deals, there are deals website out there like money john lewis, they have workers who spend hours writing articles and tips, hotukdeals gets us to do it for them for free,

there is never any good deals on here anymore, most in the feed are the same price as they usually are or just a crap product, when there is a good deal on here, most know about it anyway from tv adverts or word of mouth not from hotukdeals
I'm going to lock this one up now but before I think its important just to clarify a couple of points raised. Anything that anyone wants to discuss further they can direct to the contact team. This isn't to censor discussion but simply because there are many things being said which are simply not true and should not be taken as gospel.

--

It is no secret how HotUKDeals is funded and that is from the use of affiliate links on some deals (this is in the About section). Not every deal has affiliate links, despite what has been said above. How members choose to browse HotUKDeals and shop is entirely up to them.

--

As for how this is tracked, again, it is contained in our Privacy Policy - hotukdeals.com/pri…icy There is nothing shady about this and i'm sure you'll see this policy on most websites you visit, it isn't just confined to HUKD (AboutCookies.org)

--

I do not know the exact story with the sim-only thread and Mobot but I can say regarding the HotUKDeals thread it was not a flippant removal. The OP will know exactly the reason for its final removal and I do not want to go over old ground there.

--

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants