Are you going to ready Harry Potter fast or slow?

Found 20th Jul 2007
Are you going to read Harry Potter fast or slow? I for one havent read any of them but have started to read the 3rd one and will real books 4-7 after that.

If i were you i would read slow as its the holidays and you might as well savour each moment as i doubt any book will capture childrens attention again in the future.

63 Comments

i agree would like to savour it, read it slow but am worried about it being spoilt so will read it fast as i can. shame really

Fast, getting it at 12 tonight from waterstones, leaving in about an hour

I'll have it finnished by the time you lot are out yer beds tomorrow lol
(actually I probably won't but don't expect to see me tomorrow!)

My waterstones is selling it at 10:30 but your not allowed to leave the shop until 12:01

It's a kids book, grow up. I'm relieved there will be no more.

Banned

I would rather stick hot pins in my arm ..another load of kakhttp://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/ekelig/k014.gif

dog_cop

I would rather stick hot pins in my arm ..another load of kak

pml ..........

dog_cop

Me too, I would rather stick hot pins in your arm..:w00t:

dog_cop

You be shush or I'll Cruciatus ya!

dog_cop

Exactly, Harry Potter books = Load of over hyped kids crap.

Sloth/Mod

For anyone who's reading it slow..........unless you live in a cave you won't be able to avoid the ending as it will be plastered in the papers and the news etc.

Banned

jennybubbles

You be shush or I'll Cruciatus ya!

spell checker .. or language line ...http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/konfus/a015.gif

Banned

Syzable

For anyone who's reading it slow..........unless you live in a cave you … For anyone who's reading it slow..........unless you live in a cave you won't be able to avoid the ending as it will be plastered in the papers and the news etc.

didnt he die or smoke crack or something :giggle:

Original Poster

Syzable

For anyone who's reading it slow..........unless you live in a cave you … For anyone who's reading it slow..........unless you live in a cave you won't be able to avoid the ending as it will be plastered in the papers and the news etc.

Yeah i can understand what you mean. I for one have been spoilt about who does in books 4-6 and still want to read them! Is there anyy point now?

And just 1 hour ago some git posted spoilers from the last book up in a thread about Morrisons selling the book for £4.99

does anyone remember when the the 6th book came out and some guy stuck a huge banner on a motorway bridge saying what happens?

Strangely, many agree with me :giggle:

dog_cop

spell checker .. or language line ...

neither!!!

Yer muggles the lot of ya!

Original Poster

ALICOM007

does anyone remember when the the 6th book came out and some guy stuck a … does anyone remember when the the 6th book came out and some guy stuck a huge banner on a motorway bridge saying what happens?

Yeah i remember that, i think it said who died in that book.

Banned

jennybubbles

neither!!!Yer muggles the lot of ya!

no your all villages looking for your idiot :whistling:

deleted

lol i havent read any of the books. i saw the first film but thats it...i wouldnt say i wouldnt like it...just not bothered.....for those saying its crap and all that....look at how many sell etc...id like to write 'crap' if id make THAT much money too..... i dunno why ppl would buy a book at 12 midnight...but i dunno why anyone would feel so strongly to be inpolite over it either...

so...theres me..lol...enjoy ppl who are looking forward to it

I'd read 1-5 it but I couldn't finish book six when I tried to read it last year so won't be reading 7.

It's not that I'm a SLOW reader, I just can't seem to put a lot of time aside for reading. :-(

deleted

Original Poster

Lol same here. My sis borrowed the first few Harry Potter books from my library and i thought i too would read it but in the end i never bothered!

"so...theres me..lol...enjoy ppl who are looking forward to it"

I can agree with that. Some poeple que up for clothing sales, some for game consoles, some for books. The fact is everyone is different and liek different things and are commited to it more than others. Infact i praise those who qued up as atleast they are making an effort to enjoy the anticpation while it lasts!

Sloth/Mod

jayhab

I don't know how anyone could feel insulted, anyone that might feel … I don't know how anyone could feel insulted, anyone that might feel insulted would surely be standing outside a bookstore about now anyway?

Personally i don't care.........it's the internet. But as Paul said these rules are going to be strictly enforced now. See below:

• Trolls are people who for no reason want to disrupt a forum topic by constantly posting out of context posts, derogatory comments, throwing insults, making personal attacks and deliberately inciting a negative response from other members. This is called ‘trolling’ in public forums and won’t be tolerated here.

deleted

jayhab

I don't know how anyone here could feel insulted, anyone that might feel … I don't know how anyone here could feel insulted, anyone that might feel insulted would surely be standing outside a bookstore about now anyway?

i dont want the book nor am i standing outside a bookstore, but i feel any personal attacks made due to a difference of opinion is insulting, to you more than anyone.

jayhab

I thought everyone is entitled to their own opinions, whether or not they … I thought everyone is entitled to their own opinions, whether or not they are alligned to everyone else, If I feel strongly enough about my opinion, I'm sure they'll be someone who feels equally strongly at the opposite end of the scale.

there is an opinion, and there is bieng insulting :whistling:

OK everyone - I'm sorry! Please accept my apologies if anyone took my comments to heart - It wasn't my intention literally to incarcerate anyone in a darkened room or remove their entitlement to vote.

Honestly, please accept my apology, in future I will refrain from posting any opinion and only post factual comments or advice, and maybe the odd deal.

sorry

Read the ending and wow!
163156141160145 died, lovely guy/gal. ;-)

Can't wait to see the final book in film form.

Sloth/Mod

jayhab

OK everyone - I'm sorry! Please accept my apologies if anyone took my … OK everyone - I'm sorry! Please accept my apologies if anyone took my comments to heart - It wasn't my intention literally to incarcerate anyone in a darkened room or remove their entitlement to vote.Honestly, please accept my apology, in future I will refrain from posting any opinion and only post factual comments or advice, and maybe the odd deal.sorry

I'm really not bothered but as there has been so much mud slinging over the new rules by both sides then it would be good to see it enforced as that is what we have now been told. ;-)

There's no option in the poll for reading them at normal speed ???

I've read it

Sloth/Mod

I've just noticed..........the thread title is spelt wrong. :giggle:

Syzable

I've just noticed..........the thread title is spelt wrong. :giggle:

How long has that taken you I noticed it right away Potter is a waste of paper, just think off all trees cut down to make this book. Save the trees :whistling:

manzi

Are you going to read Harry Potter fast or slow? I for one havent read … Are you going to read Harry Potter fast or slow? I for one havent read any of them but have started to read the 3rd one and will real books 4-7 after that.If i were you i would read slow as its the holidays and you might as well savour each moment as i doubt any book will capture childrens attention again in the future.

if you read every third word from the back to the front, this is actually a true historical document about witchcraft during pagan times. complete with spells that work. trust me, im now a frog RIBBIT RIBBIT

if you read every third word from back to front, this is an actual historical documented account of witchcraft during pagan times. complete with working spells, trust me, im now a frog RIBBIT RIBBIT

Stand up for yourself! Especially if your a minority!
Well done Jen!!!

I don't care what anyone says. I adore Harry Potter! First books I have read since childhood that transferred me to Famous Five territory. Each to their own. I want to keep that inner child forever!

Personally I will read it real slow ... the last book ... I want it to last forever and ever! Too much wine to go buy tonight ... :giggle:

Sloth/Mod

J.Dance

How long has that taken you I noticed it right away Potter is a waste of … How long has that taken you I noticed it right away Potter is a waste of paper, just think off all trees cut down to make this book. Save the trees :whistling:

It's printed on 100% recycled paper.

Do people who read these books read other books? Harry Potter to me is badly written, timed and under developed.. Plus its too simple to me (even if I was 8 I'd be saying that, I was reading Steven King at that age though!)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244871
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322826
    3. Misco about to go into administration912
    4. Add one, leave one game54315392

See more discussions