Groups

Are you having a heatwave? What are you doing to make the most of it?

I live in the North East of England and the weather has been pretty fab. I can't get out at the moment due to ill health, wondering what the fine guys 'n' gals of HUKD are doing in this wonderful heat! Hope you're all making the most of it!

88 Comments

Original Poster

http://www.stockton.gov.uk/images/articles/headers/level3/_1_heatwave_940.jpg

I'm working so I'll have the money to make the most of it at the weekend when it's chucking it down

Going to see the monkey film, in the dark.

Might cut the grass later though.

Original Poster

scrumpypaul

Going to see the monkey film, in the dark.Might cut the grass later … Going to see the monkey film, in the dark.Might cut the grass later though.

Planet of the Apes? We went to see that last weekend, it was SUPERB!!

Original Poster

stefromuk

I'm working so I'll have the money to make the most of it at the weekend … I'm working so I'll have the money to make the most of it at the weekend when it's chucking it down

Thats typical, always the same!

hocka

3D or 2D? I prefer 2D usually......
    Edited by: "scrumpypaul" 24th Jul 2014

been canoeing a few times on the river and the beach on other days (each only 100 yards from where I live)

dont work, so long may this long sunny spell continue although could do with it dropping a few degrees!

Edited by: "chocci" 24th Jul 2014

Original Poster

3D, it was brilliant. Can't recommend it highly enough. We have the first one on blu ray and watched it again the night before seeing the latest one. Hoping to see the Purge 2 this weekend if Im well enough. Echo looks good too. (We have cineworld unlimited cards).

Original Poster

chocci

been canoeing a few times on the river and the beach on other days (each … been canoeing a few times on the river and the beach on other days (each only 100 yards from where I live)dont work, so long may this long sunny spell continue although could do with it dropping a few degrees!

OMG that sounds fab, Im so jel.

Banned

I was getting a hair cut yesterday and the barber was moaning that only people on the dole get benefit from the heatwave and almost everyone he sees with a tan is on benefits, yet another perk of not working he says, should make them stay indoors he said why should they get a great tan when we are working, he moaned and moaned all through my haircut....as I left I told the moaning git that I couldn't afford a tip as I was 'not working' at the moment but was off now to the offy and gonna get me stella & fags and sit in the back yard all day.....Should have seen his face oO

I'm terribly ill too but got to get out. Spent yesterday evening on the beach until 8pm having a bbq down there, kids were swimming in the sea. Absolutely fabulous.

Just got season ticket for all the local council car parks so that'll pay for itself soon (£16 for 3 months)

Git Dr's tonight again, hopefully it won't be hospital again.

Konami tsunami - epic, can't stand **** like that

Went to Castle Howard on Tuesday, was the perfect temperature to be honest, lovely.

Original Poster

Rich44

I'm terribly ill too but got to get out. Spent yesterday evening on the … I'm terribly ill too but got to get out. Spent yesterday evening on the beach until 8pm having a bbq down there, kids were swimming in the sea. Absolutely fabulous. Just got season ticket for all the local council car parks so that'll pay for itself soon (£16 for 3 months) Git Dr's tonight again, hopefully it won't be hospital again. Konami tsunami - epic, can't stand **** like that

I hope it goes well at the doc's. Its awful being ill. Nice to hear you enjoyed a day at the beach xx

I hate the heat. Just want to spend all day indoor till after 5 and then go outside. My wee baby only 8months and she not her wee self with all this heat think she taking after her mummy

We were away down to Alton Towers last week,very hot which is great but not when queueing. I think I'm officially too 'old' for rollercoasters now. I couldn't walk at the end of the 2nd day!

Had a lovely couple of days in Perthshire and now enjoying sitting in the garden chilling before going back to work on Monday

My teen is enjoying his last days of freedom before starting his first full time job on Monday-where does the time go?!

Original Poster

takethatfan1978

We were away down to Alton Towers last week,very hot which is great but … We were away down to Alton Towers last week,very hot which is great but not when queueing. I think I'm officially too 'old' for rollercoasters now. I couldn't walk at the end of the 2nd day!Had a lovely couple of days in Perthshire and now enjoying sitting in the garden chilling before going back to work on Monday :)My teen is enjoying his last days of freedom before starting his first full time job on Monday-where does the time go?!

Do you have any of your beautiful home made cakes on the go at the minute?

hocka

Do you have any of your beautiful home made cakes on the go at the minute?

Lol made the carrot cake last week,that went down a treat. I have been trying to decide for the last couple of hours if I should do something today. I'm thinking Hummingbird raspberry cheesecake brownies,they are scrummy.
    What about you? are you feeling any better?

I'm out cycling, skateboarding, walks in the evening with the pups and girlfriend and getting back into rock climbing again next week, after a 5 month break.

Original Poster

takethatfan1978

Lol made the carrot cake last week,that went down a treat. I have been … Lol made the carrot cake last week,that went down a treat. I have been trying to decide for the last couple of hours if I should do something today. I'm thinking Hummingbird raspberry cheesecake brownies,they are scrummy.What about you? are you feeling any better?

Pain isn't as excruciating but still can't walk. Daughter might take me out in wheelchair for a bit fresh air later. Not made any cakes yet, defo going to do the choc MB one when Im feeling better!

Original Poster

kos1c

I'm out cycling, skateboarding, walks in the evening with the pups and … I'm out cycling, skateboarding, walks in the evening with the pups and girlfriend and getting back into rock climbing again next week, after a 5 month break.

Sounds great! What kind of pups are they?

hocka

Sounds great! What kind of pups are they?

You got Violet who is a chuwawa (?) shih tzu Forgive my attempt at spelling her breed.
    And Lil who is a Yorkshire terrier/Jack Russel.

https://fbcdn-photos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-0/1014202_10153117254125497_1533695250_n.jpg
    The pair of em asleep on me last year on hammock.

Also, hope you end up feeling better soon.
    Edited by: "kos1c" 24th Jul 2014

Original Poster

Thank you very much! They are super cute, we have a cat but my daughter would love a dog. Too much hard work when your poorly though. They all look like butter wouldn't melt!

Weather has been pretty good here too. Had a lovely picnic with the family at a nearby park and went to see Transformers with them too. Planning on going to see Planet of the Apes with them next week
    Sorry to hear you are poorly, I hope things improve for you soon xx

Glasgow is baking!.my 2 little shihtzus are struggling......spraying them with lukewarm water.....no park

Original Poster

Out in the sun at the moment, daughter is kindly pushing me. It wasn't long ago when I was pushing her in a pushchair! How things change! Its been very nice to get some sunshine though.

Banned

I know what most people on here are doing! Whining about people having a good time!
    hotukdeals.com/tag/ask…197

Original Poster

damo1972

I know what most people on here are doing! Whining about people having a … I know what most people on here are doing! Whining about people having a good time!http://www.hotukdeals.com/tag/ask/re-noisy-neighbours-1960197#comments

You're the one with Victor Meldrew for an avatar!

24 miles of cross-country running, hopefully I'll get in another 10 or so after dinner. It's gorgeous out, the British countryside is showing it's very best side & apart from nearly running into combine harvesters nature seems free of man's intervention - I love it!

hocka

3D, it was brilliant. Can't recommend it highly enough. We have the first … 3D, it was brilliant. Can't recommend it highly enough. We have the first one on blu ray and watched it again the night before seeing the latest one. Hoping to see the Purge 2 this weekend if Im well enough. Echo looks good too. (We have cineworld unlimited cards).

Likewise with the Unlimited cards - had them for over a decade now. Boldon I take it?

Original Poster

Yeah, we use Boldon alot. Do you go there? Bet we've passed many times!! They have just put their prices up on their food n drinks. Typical, just intime for the kids hols, as if they don't make enough money!!

Original Poster

scrumpypaul

Likewise with the Unlimited cards - had them for over a decade now. … Likewise with the Unlimited cards - had them for over a decade now. Boldon I take it?

What gave it away?

hocka

Yeah, we use Boldon alot. Do you go there? Bet we've passed many times!! … Yeah, we use Boldon alot. Do you go there? Bet we've passed many times!! They have just put their prices up on their food n drinks. Typical, just intime for the kids hols, as if they don't make enough money!!

We're hardly ever away from the place!! Record is three films in a day.

They give you discount with unlimited cards, I think it's 20% or so? My Mrs always uses hers when she gets her popcorn and drink. Every little helps.

Judging by your first comment I figured you were either heading to Boldon or Boro....

Mind, the Boro Cineworld is a little bit grim. Still better than the Empire Cinema in Sunderland though.

Sweating my nuts of at work

Original Poster

scrumpypaul

We're hardly ever away from the place!! Record is three films in a … We're hardly ever away from the place!! Record is three films in a day.They give you discount with unlimited cards, I think it's 20% or so? My Mrs always uses hers when she gets her popcorn and drink. Every little helps.Judging by your first comment I figured you were either heading to Boldon or Boro....Mind, the Boro Cineworld is a little bit grim. Still better than the Empire Cinema in Sunderland though.

OMG! We have been known to do a double. Never a treble though! You must be a big fan. Well worth it when you get the unlimited cards.

Original Poster

alanlukeb1

Sweating my nuts of at work

Are you on nightshift?

hocka

OMG! We have been known to do a double. Never a treble though! You must … OMG! We have been known to do a double. Never a treble though! You must be a big fan. Well worth it when you get the unlimited cards.

Our backsides were numb as after that marathon session!! That sounds a bit wrong doesn't it...

I'm staying indoors with the blinds down, windows open and all 3 fans on, its too damn hot and every time I go out I feel ill, I nearly fainted in argos last week, it just makes my head feel odd, headaches, feeling distance etc and it's all just making my anxiety worse.

damo1972

I know what most people on here are doing! Whining about people having a … I know what most people on here are doing! Whining about people having a good time!http://www.hotukdeals.com/tag/ask/re-noisy-neighbours-1960197#comments

Well that saves you a job I suppose...

Wondering if scantily clad ladies is the the best place for my weather thread oO oO oO

hocka

Oi! That's a spoiler!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 10% Argos code with glitch22
      2. Safest type of external hard drive?33
      3. Jury service47
      4. Three connection56

See more discussions