Are You Missing Going Out?

Posted 20th Apr
Has anybody else found not going to the cinema/pub/eating out easier to cope with than they thought it would be? I was expecting to really miss doing these regular things but when everything reopens I don’t think I’ll be in a big rush to go. What’s everybody’s else take on it?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
The 1st person to buy a Gregg's sausage roll when it reopens.
40477608-UEzaP.jpg
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 20th Apr
It would be nice to stay safe at home. But for me as an ambulance crew, and the hundreds of thousands of other nhs and key workers we have to go to work. Don't get me wrong, its our job. But its very very worrying for us all. We will keep on doing what we can. But how many more staff must die before we get the ppe the nhs need NOW. Please if you don't have to go out STAY AT HOME PLEASE. Stay safe everybody and lets hope its back to normal as can be soon. And thank you for also staying at home.
Edited by: "cornishscouse" 20th Apr
19 Comments
The 1st person to buy a Gregg's sausage roll when it reopens.
40477608-UEzaP.jpg
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 20th Apr
I've found it easier than expected. I've also stopped drinking since the lockdown.

I personally think the experience will change people, however I don't think it will help consumer spending.
I've been exceptionally lucky. I have been able to do a lot of work to the outside of my house and to my garden requiring minimal materials. As such i havent really given much thought about going out yet as worn out by the end of the day. However after the next two weeks of lockdown has gone I will have run out of things to do so who knows by then.
It would be nice to stay safe at home. But for me as an ambulance crew, and the hundreds of thousands of other nhs and key workers we have to go to work. Don't get me wrong, its our job. But its very very worrying for us all. We will keep on doing what we can. But how many more staff must die before we get the ppe the nhs need NOW. Please if you don't have to go out STAY AT HOME PLEASE. Stay safe everybody and lets hope its back to normal as can be soon. And thank you for also staying at home.
Edited by: "cornishscouse" 20th Apr
only miss kids in school lol
cornishscouse20/04/2020 17:36

It would be nice to stay safe at home. But for me as an ambulance crew, …It would be nice to stay safe at home. But for me as an ambulance crew, and the hundreds of thousands of other nhs and key workers we have to go to work. Don't get me wrong, its our job. But its very very worrying for us all. We will keep on doing what we can. But how many more staff must die before we get the ppe the nhs need NOW. Please if you don't have to go out STAY AT HOME PLEASE. Stay safe everybody and lets hope its back to normal as can be soon. And thank you for also staying at home.

I’m still working full time as well btw, I’m just enjoying staying home in the evenings and weekends
cornishscouse20/04/2020 17:36

It would be nice to stay safe at home. But for me as an ambulance crew, …It would be nice to stay safe at home. But for me as an ambulance crew, and the hundreds of thousands of other nhs and key workers we have to go to work. Don't get me wrong, its our job. But its very very worrying for us all. We will keep on doing what we can. But how many more staff must die before we get the ppe the nhs need NOW. Please if you don't have to go out STAY AT HOME PLEASE. Stay safe everybody and lets hope its back to normal as can be soon. And thank you for also staying at home.

Thank you so much for your service. I'm staying home as much as I can 💚
I thought I would go crazy with 3 kids but they have been great! Eldest one is in school and would rather play than do her school work but oh well! We are lucky though as we have garden full of play equipment which I got cheap when Tesco direct shut down!
I’m not missing going out as much as I thought I would either but I think that’s because I know everyone else is in the same position so going out isn’t an option, it would be much harder if I was stuck at home whilst watching everyone else enjoy their freedom. That being said I am looking forward to most parts of “normality” resuming but for now I’m extremely grateful that I get to stay at home with my son to ensure we’re as safe as we possibly can be, to protect the NHS and protect those vulnerable amongst us.
Not missing it at all(y)
Not missing the cinema it closed here twenty years ago and prefer preparing my own food.

Having a garden helps a huge amount mind
It's been pretty easy for me in all honesty, my job can be done from home which helps. I do enjoy eating out and going to the gym but I'm not really that interested in going out once the lock down lifts as all that will be is a numbers issue.

One thing I don't get is how businesses will cope once we come out of lockdown, who is wanting to go to an enclosed public space like shops/gyms/pubs/clubs anytime soon let alone offices and workplaces. Only takes 1 to be carrying the virus or one of it's strains to infect many many others.

There are some positives from all of this though......a lot of people can work from home and keeping their respective companies who they work for going, the air pollution has reduced quite a lot and the A & E departments have seen a lot less people come through their doors at weekends.
I'm quite happy staying in because I can still take the dog for a walk. I would be lost without my garden though. I would be quite mad by now if I lived in a flat. Don't go "out" much anyway. Miss seeing a couple of people in the flesh but it isn't forever.
Rather enjoyed the past two weeks confined to my flat. Caught up with friends and family a couple of hundred miles away over video calls, spent some time picking up on tv series that I haven’t seen in a while and had time whilst furloughed to read up on magazines/articles relating to hobbies.

Cut down massively on my drinking, and also been cooking a lot more wholesome meals than before as I have the whole day to prep food.

I’ve only recently moved into a new flat (having been renting in a 5 bed house with a garden). Whilst I’m incredibly happy to no longer be there, I do miss access to immediate green-space as the walks around here aren’t the most scenic.

On an even more positive note, my bank account certainly is enjoying lockdown too and, with the exception of bills & rent, expenses are at an all-time low!
as an NHS staff me and my missus dont have a choice but to work. Im glad we do shifts so dont see each other as much, because otherwise at the end of this lockdown one of us would be dead and it would not be COVID related.

anyhow, I'm a bit annoyed that I cant do my garden as most of the stuff I need is in small quantities so cant pick it up anywhere as DIY shops are closed and I need to see what I buy. Need my fence sorted... cant as my local places are shut, I have garden rubbish to get rid of in the tip... cant, its shut...

Grocery shopping experience is fantastic. no fecking kids running around, people dont stand in middle of the isles to chat with friends, most of the stuff is now in stock.
getting to work is also excellent, no traffic and my hospital allows us to use visitor carpark
Miss the gym tho

as bad as it sound this pandemic has brought quite a few positive things into society I hope people will change a bit and will try to keep it this way as much as possible
I'm going out as much as I did before....which is not much

Even though I am not working I still have to go to my workplace as my chickens live there.

Otherwise it's popping out for essential shopping.

Usually go to the cinema once a year and maybe a meal out once a year for someones birthday so I can certainly cope without those.

Other than that it's pretty much business as usual, dogs still need walking, video games still need playing.
Missing gigs, especially iron maiden in Belfast!! But things could be a lot worse.
I definitely won't be rushing out to pubs when they open tho.
Probably have 1 or 2 mates round for a BBQ, and see my mum and sister more.
Im loving the time at home but really, more importantly, I'm grateful everyone is in the same position and Im not getting endless texts and calls saying, 'lets go out to the cinema/ drinks/ dinner etc etc'. Am a homebird at heart, and feel obliged to go out just so that I don't come across as a stick in the mud (which inside, I think I may well be!)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions