Are you proud owner of a vacuum and love it. I want to hear about it?

Found 23rd MarEdited by:"MR1123"
My vacuum is old and it was rubbish from the start, never performed consistent. I can just about manage cleaning one room before it clogs up and have to change filter. I have 5 more rooms. It's time to chuck it out. I do have the house in mostly carpet except the ground floor. Im looking for recommendations please someone that preferably has carpet so they know how it is and can relate but will listern to all. Looking for bagless and can hoover the whole house without needing to change filters each time I use it like I did with current one. And no suction loss and easy to clean, current one I have I had to get dirt out the filter with tooth pick each time. Thanks

Please state the model you have please thanks
Community Updates
Ask
26 Comments
I have been using Dyson for more than 9 years and it still works perfectly. No bags
I have the dyson V6, got it refurbed off eBay dyson store for just over £100. I used my nectar card points too So got it even cheaper! It picks up a shocking amount of dust but feel the supplied rotating brush isn’t good for hardfloors but great for carpets. Ebay also do an attachment set with mattress brush and duster etc for a stupidly cheap price. I had one year warranty with my item but had no issues so far. I have had so many different vacuums over the years and I would still say my dyson is great- only issue is it tends to be very sensitive and you will find yourself clearing the filter often, I guess this can be expected with the amount of dust and small dirt it picks up. I love my dyson but I still won’t give up my old hetty hoover which I still use on occasion as very powerful it lifts the carpet!!
I wouldn't go so far as to say proud, but we've got a couple of Vax Air Reach vacuum cleaners, and are really pleased with them.
Ours came with a 6 yr warranty (on registration), but I don't know if they still do that. Had to get one replaced due to the brush mechanism packing up, but they replaced the main body of it with no argument. Had them for about 5 years now.
The filter just needs a wash under a tap every year or so. The only messy bit is having to clean the brushes, but that's because I've got a house full of pets and long-haired females.

I've had Dyson's before, but can't justify 3-4 times the cost for something which does (arguably) no better a job.
Edited by: "Spango" 23rd Mar
SuperZ9 m ago

I have been using Dyson for more than 9 years and it still works …I have been using Dyson for more than 9 years and it still works perfectly. No bags

What model do you have?
Spango5 m ago

I wouldn't go so far as to say proud, but we've got a couple of Vax Air …I wouldn't go so far as to say proud, but we've got a couple of Vax Air Reach vacuum cleaners, and are really pleased with them.Ours came with a 6 yr warranty (on registration), but I don't know if they still do that. Had to get one replaced due to the brush mechanism packing up, but they replaced the main body of it with no argument. Had them for about 5 years now.The filter just needs a wash under a tap every year or so. The only messy bit is having to clean the brushes, but that's because I've got a house full of pets and long-haired females.I've had Dyson's before, but can't justify 3-4 times the cost for something which does (arguably) no better a job.

You may be right. Dyson is very pricy. When I bought it, Vax didn't have similar design ones. Now they look very similar
MR112316 m ago

What model do you have?

Dyson DC07
I have a G-tech AirRam. Love it!
Dyson. If you have pets get the animal versions
Mine sucks!
@hotmik has got one stuck in the corner gathering dust
maccy130 m ago

@hotmik has got one stuck in the corner gathering dust

Doesn't really work if you say 'stuck in the corner'. Tim Vine you ain't.
craigstephens4 m ago

Doesn't really work if you say 'stuck in the corner'. Tim Vine you ain't.

ok
deleted1023990
maccy122 m ago

ok

Looks like you've found the Shark vacuum maccy!
Edited by: "deleted1023990" 23rd Mar
deleted102399023rd Mar

Looks like you've found the Shark vaccum maccy!

I wouldn't mind, I don't even know who Tim Vine is, so I can't compare my wittiness
deleted1023990
maccy13 m ago

I wouldn't mind, I don't even know who Tim Vine is, so I can't … I wouldn't mind, I don't even know who Tim Vine is, so I can't compare my wittiness

we have a dyson animal, i think. at least i know it is a dyson and my husband bought it especially to hoover up dog hairs.

it is very powerful and has worked well for many years with only one service needed. it is however very heavy so i can not carry it upstairs (not that i do the hoovering at home, but on the rare occasions that i have had to, my husband has had to carry it upstairs for me).

our current cleaners have a miele hoover and they use their own hoover as they say that it is even better and more powerful than our dyson, and i think they are right as the carpet looks spotless after they hoover with their miele.

i think if i needed a new hoover, i would consider getting a miele hoover, which is probably more expensive than a dyson, but is lighter and more powerful. probably lasts a lot longer as well as miele products are built to last. i am a big fan of getting new stuff after a few years but the hoover being the exception, and i don't mind having one that lasts forever if it works well.
Mutley, those are vacuums, not Hoovers.
mutley140 m ago

they are called hoovers they are called hoovers https://www.quora.com/What-do-British-people-call-a-vacuum-cleaner

Hoover is a brand.
squiff55 m ago

Hoover is a brand.

Like when people say tannoy when they mean public address system, tannoy is a brand
I've had my Dyson DC08 for 15 years and it still works as good as new.
squiff1 h, 7 m ago

Hoover is a brand.

So is google, but we google everything
VAX Air 3... pretty powerful, but lighter and quieter than anything we've had previously... weak link is one of the hose clips tends to break, but usable without it
Edited by: "matth9999" 23rd Mar
mutley19 h, 13 m ago

So is google, but we google everything

Yes, but you actually Google things using Google.
The HOVER SILENT ENERGY this cleaner is so quite and powerful its the only cleaner that you can hear the TV or radio when its cleaning
craigstephens12 h, 3 m ago

Yes, but you actually Google things using Google.

Velcro is a brand but everyone uses it as a product.

Styrofoam too, tupperwear, jeep, and even heroin.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions