Are you still selling? How?

Posted 5th Apr
Hi guys.

I wanted to see what people who are selling personal items are doing at the moment with the lockdown. People still seem to be interested in buying things but I don't necessarily want anyone coming to my house to collect nor is it allowed at the mo. What have you guys done? I wonder if it's worth just pausing purchases until this is over as none of it is urgent. I think I've answered my own question but yes would be good to still hear what others have done.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
i was selling some stuff on gumtree but since the lockdown i have removed the listings. it can wait until the lockdown ends as it aint exactly important right now. no point in encouraging other people to travel during the lockdown.
20 Comments
Little things here and there on eBay. Nothing of significant value but people are still buying, a shame no £1 fvf though.
Same here one trip a week to the post office combined with food shopping
My company won’t confirm if we are getting paid at the end of April so every bit helps
I’ve been selling. Post office is in my local newsagent so I’m not going out of my way to post. Also buying can be done easily with no contact. Arrange suitable time paid with PayPal or bank transfer and once money received leave goods in safe place outside x
Hermes courier collection.
Not selling, but may list if a £1 offer pops up.
i was selling some stuff on gumtree but since the lockdown i have removed the listings. it can wait until the lockdown ends as it aint exactly important right now. no point in encouraging other people to travel during the lockdown.
I'm still doing reasonably well with selling stuff on eBay. People have to buy online now and have plenty of time. Are searching for things to keep them occupied: baking, gardening, knitting or other hobby's.
But I don't list expensive stuff now, waiting for £ 1.00 FVF.
Edited by: "paulleen" 5th Apr
Cancelled all my listings on ebay two weeks ago.
Just paracetamol, face masks and hand sanitisers at the moment on eBay
Edited by: "nrackham76" 5th Apr
Yeah I think if people are purchasing online it can be okay. But with Shpock for example it tends to be home collections mostly from the local area. I doubt people will want to pay for packages to be sent locally. Yeah I might just take them off for the time being.
Got loads to sell on eBay but now willing to go to post office as that’s not what we should be doing so everything on hold
Not selling anything at the moment because I don't want to have to go out to post it nor do I want buyers or couriers coming here to collect.
Its not essential so it can wait until all this is over.
Won’t be selling any items until this pandemic is well and truly over...don’t want random buyers anywhere near my house nevermind anybody I’m close to or family members due to my son being high risk and knowing my house is a safe haven for me and him at the moment from all this(y)
Yes been selling well on eBay, how? Who knows.
Edited by: "Kryptonitee" 5th Apr
Kryptonitee05/04/2020 12:38

Yes been selling well on eBay, how? Who knows.

Happy for you! I saw a decline in value so waiting for the £1 FVF like others here. Can I ask what sort of products you’re selling?
Stephanie_Noble05/04/2020 12:54

Happy for you! I saw a decline in value so waiting for the £1 FVF like …Happy for you! I saw a decline in value so waiting for the £1 FVF like others here. Can I ask what sort of products you’re selling?

Contrary saw a small rise in value, mostly tech items. But yeah im waiting for £1 FVF to sell a few more expensive items, but thats not cause they wont sell, just I dont want to pay the 11% fee lol
Kryptonitee05/04/2020 13:02

Contrary saw a small rise in value, mostly tech items. But yeah im waiting …Contrary saw a small rise in value, mostly tech items. But yeah im waiting for £1 FVF to sell a few more expensive items, but thats not cause they wont sell, just I dont want to pay the 11% fee lol

Thanks for the insight, helps me with future planning! I’m not sure how well I’ll be at the other end of this sadly

Long may your success continue!!
Stephanie_Noble05/04/2020 13:04

Thanks for the insight, helps me with future planning! I’m not sure how w …Thanks for the insight, helps me with future planning! I’m not sure how well I’ll be at the other end of this sadly Long may your success continue!!

Sorry to hear that! To be honest I was super surprised. Most of the things I sold, sold within a few hours, usually takes days, if not weeks for me I guess some items sell better than others.

Thank you!
Stopped most selling on all platforms , but did sell something on eBay today I forgot was listed , message the person and said il pick it with gloves on ect
Stopped selling , there is no way to justify Facebook sales , because you are encouraging people to make unnecessary journeys and I don’t want to be in anyway responsible for spreading this virus around , I am still working outside the house ( keyworker) and the virus could be on the item I sell or the money I take , just not worth the risk . The local Facebook groups have also been quite vicious recently in terms of those that think selling is ok and those that think it should stop.I haven’t removed my marketplace listings just let them sink down the postings , just so when this is over I can boost them up again, but everyone who has messaged lives around 30 mins drive away , so I have told them if it’s urgent and they are walking to me I will sell knowing full well they won’t , each and everyone wanted to drive over

I could still list on eBay and send via courier or the post office , but again that means more unnecessary journeys, and putting more work on the posties and couriers which seems unfair at this time . I’m not judging those that need to put food on the table and have no option, but my selling was a side line that I hope I can put on hold for 6 months and restart later in the year .
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions