Groups

Are you taking your decorations down today or tomorrow? Or midnight? I could do without the bad luck!

Before anyone says they are down already.. well why did you put them up so early?

32 Comments

down already
    if you want to know why then make a new thread and dont be greedy!

mines are always down before the new year starts. stupid superstition i have, about starting the new year, new. and no having last year's decorations up lol.
    told you it was a stupid superstition lmao

Original Poster

STRICKIBHOY

mines are always down before the new year starts. stupid superstition i … mines are always down before the new year starts. stupid superstition i have, about starting the new year, new. and no having last year's decorations up lol. told you it was a stupid superstition lmao

But that's bad luck to take them down early

Original Poster

brilly

down alreadyif you want to know why then make a new thread and dont be … down alreadyif you want to know why then make a new thread and dont be greedy!

see #3

We celebrate Twelfth Night on the Epiphany, so tomorrow...

Took them down on the 1st.

Only one way to be sure
    http://i.imgur.com/cgzircD.gif

Original Poster

haritori

Took them down on the 1st.

Yes, I see many people put them up on the 1st of december, no wonder you are sick of them!

Tomorrow... and can't wait. If I had my way they'd not have gone up this year... dumb cats...

airfix

Yes, I see many people put them up on the 1st of december, no wonder you … Yes, I see many people put them up on the 1st of december, no wonder you are sick of them!

We put them up on the 1st of December..

It's not that I am sick of them.. its just Christmas has passed its over, Its for the Kids more than anything putting them up on the first gets everyone excited and in the festive mood, I dont believe in religion so its just a celebration of friends and family and deccys are part of the fun.

but by time the 1st of January comes its a new year and Christmas is over, so its time to put them away.

Original Poster

haritori

We put them up on the 1st of December.. It's not that I am sick of them.. … We put them up on the 1st of December.. It's not that I am sick of them.. its just Christmas has passed its over, Its for the Kids more than anything putting them up on the first gets everyone excited and in the festive mood, I dont believe in religion so its just a celebration of friends and family and deccys are part of the fun. but by time the 1st of January comes its a new year and Christmas is over, so its time to put them away.

We put ours up Xmas eve, it's feels more special then, a shorter but richer time! 12 days thats all, it's about right.

airfix

We put ours up Xmas eve, it's feels more special then, a shorter but … We put ours up Xmas eve, it's feels more special then, a shorter but richer time! 12 days thats all, it's about right.

Each to their own mate and what ever works for you.. If I didnt have the kids I would prob do the same..

thewongwing101

Only one way to be sure

​ funny, that's how I get rid of spiders haha

Down on Boxing Day.

Boxing day mine came down. PITA load of crap can now go back in the loft.

Original Poster

stuarthanley

Boxing day mine came down.

I'm on about decorations, not your pants!

down 27th .you make your own luck

I can't wait to get mine up again.

Heres a tip i found, if you use cable ties to put up decs specifically outside lights, then when you take them down its a simple pair of wirecutters will make it a 5 minute job.

Original Poster

OldEnglish

I can't wait to get mine up again.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/cc/Sid_James_B%26W.jpg/220px-Sid_James_B%26W.jpg

STRICKIBHOY

​ funny, that's how I get rid of spiders haha

Oh that is just cruel
    I know someone who used to leave them up until March
    I am certain their bad luck was nothing to do with the decorations......

first weekend after Xmas....i work Monday-Friday so can't be arsed after work....plus it's nice to get the house back to normal ....now to face finding somewhere to put all the kids toys

For a nation that thinks the whole basis that leads to Christmas is founded on a fairy tale, it gets very superstitious over when to put up/take down decorations!

Mine went up 2nd December and they came down 2nd January.

Gollywood

For a nation that thinks the whole basis that leads to Christmas is … For a nation that thinks the whole basis that leads to Christmas is founded on a fairy tale, it gets very superstitious over when to put up/take down decorations!

You know I was thinking this only yesterday.. As I arrived home 2 magpies were sat on my fence which gave me a good feeling, go job it wasnt one eh!

I like to pride myself as sceptic, a man of science and facts, I do not believe in an afterlife, religion or God..

So why the hell (irony?) do I make sure I open my brolly outside, never walk under a ladder and God (yes again) help someone put new shoes on a table in our house...

I know full well its irrational but I cant help it..

What Decorations?....very minimal here.

I'll take em down today if i can be arsed

Error440

I'll take em down today if i can be arsed

​ that's the spirit lol

airfix

see #3

funny, make your own luck
    amused you believe in this but not in religion - ironic to say the least!

Original Poster

brilly

funny, make your own luckamused you believe in this but not in religion - … funny, make your own luckamused you believe in this but not in religion - ironic to say the least!

I do make my own luck, it's why I'm in business, I was wanting to stick with the tradition more than anything, grumpy git
    Edited by: "airfix" 5th Jan

Keep em up all year. Then wipe away the thick layer of dust on 1st of December so people notice the decorations again!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions