Are You Watching A Spooky Film Tonight?

41 replies
Found 31st Oct 2016
It's Halloween and time for my annual spooky film. Tonight, we will watching The Hills Have Eyes (1977 Wes Craven original, not the remake) because it has been recommended to me.
So are you watching a horror tonight, and if so, what you gonna watch?

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

41 Comments

I watched this on Saturday, the master live: youtube.com/wat…f0U

As for tonight....maybe Halloween 3.

What's so special about watching a spooky film tonight?

Original Poster

Predikuesi

What's so special about watching a spooky film tonight?

Got to watch a spooky film on Halloween, it's the law.

chimp14uk

Got to watch a spooky film on Halloween, it's the law.

Our house is a Halloween-free zone

When I was a kid Alien used to terrify me, I watched it the other night, and its safe to say its not aged well, the original Alien is pretty pathetic not very menacing..

haritori

When I was a kid Alien used to terrify me, I watched it the other night, … When I was a kid Alien used to terrify me, I watched it the other night, and its safe to say its not aged well, the original Alien is pretty pathetic not very menacing..

But have you seen Aliens? Better than the first as there is more than one (_;)

Original Poster

haritori

When I was a kid Alien used to terrify me, I watched it the other night, … When I was a kid Alien used to terrify me, I watched it the other night, and its safe to say its not aged well, the original Alien is pretty pathetic not very menacing..

It's pretty cool when it comes out of John Hurt's guts.

haritori

haritori

Alien is a classic, not just for the alien itself, but for the mood, set design. That's why I loved the PS4 Alien game, so evocative of the film. Aliens is also a classic, not better than the first, just a very different beast (s).

FreeDeal

But have you seen Aliens? Better than the first as there is more than … But have you seen Aliens? Better than the first as there is more than one (_;)

Yes I too watched that, and while its held up better and the Aliens now tear everyone a new A hole regardless, the film is clearly a product of its time, and its no longer scary to me

To be honest nothing much scares me anymore, but something like the walking dead and the Negan Scene made me think about my mortality and that swizzle scares me more than any Freddie Krueger or Xenomorph any day.

Edited by: "haritori" 31st Oct 2016

LoRdPlOps111

Alien is a classic, not just for the alien itself, but for the mood, set … Alien is a classic, not just for the alien itself, but for the mood, set design. That's why I loved the PS4 Alien game, so evocative of the film. Aliens is also a classic, not better than the first, just a very different beast (s).

Yeah i still enjoyed it, but couldn't help think the Alien was far more placid than I remember, esp as Ripley is walking around it in many scenes while its content sleeping in the cabling system. but yes its still a classic.

haritori

Yes I too watched that, and while its held up better and the Aliens now … Yes I too watched that, and while its held up better and the Aliens now tear everyone a new A hole regardless, the film is clearly a product of its time, and its no longer scary to me :(To be honest nothing much scares me anymore, but something like the walking dead and the Negan Scene made me think about my mortality and that swizzle scares me more than any Freddie Krueger or Xenomorph any day.

Sounds like you need a good philological horror, shame I cant think of any at the moment for you

FreeDeal

Sounds like you need a good philological horror, shame I cant think of … Sounds like you need a good philological horror, shame I cant think of any at the moment for you

I found hostel a good film, same sort of thing, the whole scenario seemed believable.

The Conjuring 2

haritori

I found hostel a good film, same sort of thing, the whole scenario seemed … I found hostel a good film, same sort of thing, the whole scenario seemed believable.

Hostel?
Good?

lul wut

haritori

I found hostel a good film, same sort of thing, the whole scenario seemed … I found hostel a good film, same sort of thing, the whole scenario seemed believable.

​So glad someone understands the fear factor associated with a horror movie that could manifest in reality. I'm not fond of hostel but the thought that this could easily happen (maybe it already is) is what's terrifying.
Same with saw, although it would take a lot of clever planning and intellect but doable.

Banned

Yes, I'll be rewatching a spooky film called Romeo & Juliet (1968).

I've started watching BBC series 'the fear', it's actually quite enjoyable.

4 minute shorts by amateur directors, you get to see the full films and the audience reactions and scoring based on how scary it was, the top 3 at the end of the series get a chance at 20k investment for their new project.
Edited by: "delusion" 31st Oct 2016

Original Poster

delusion

I've started watching BBC series 'the fear', it's actually quite … I've started watching BBC series 'the fear', it's actually quite enjoyable. 4 minute shorts by amateur directors, you get to see the full films and the audience reactions and scoring based on how scary it was, the top 3 at the end of the series get a chance at 20k investment for their new project.

Is that on the iPlayer?

Banned

My partner wants to watch The Ring...

I think I will ply her with a bottle of wine so she falls asleep & I can watch Bad Boys or Snatch.

YouDontWantToKnow

My partner wants to watch The Ring...I think I will ply her with a bottle … My partner wants to watch The Ring...I think I will ply her with a bottle of wine so she falls asleep & I can watch Bad Boys or Snatch.

Maybe the snatch first and then the ring after a bottle of wine , lol

Nightmare before Christmas with the kids

Not really a horror but Hocus Pocus (one of my favourites) followed by The Sixth Sense

Original Poster

airfix

Maybe the snatch first and then the ring after a bottle of wine , lol

Might have to make it a 1.5l bottle for the ring.

Event horizon.

chimp14uk

Is that on the iPlayer?

Yes it is, the entire series (I think it's 6 episodes)

zainarafiq

​So glad someone understands the fear factor associated with a horror m … ​So glad someone understands the fear factor associated with a horror movie that could manifest in reality. I'm not fond of hostel but the thought that this could easily happen (maybe it already is) is what's terrifying. Same with saw, although it would take a lot of clever planning and intellect but doable.

Exactly thats what i consider a good film, the possibility of it becoming a reality.

Not really a horror but I like Death Proof for that reason.
Edited by: "haritori" 31st Oct 2016

Gonna watch evil head

chimp14uk

It's pretty cool when it comes out of John Hurt's guts.

youtube.com/wat…pqI

alien abduction 5 star apparently? got it out the pound shop on blurry the day looks good.

Original Poster

Just finished The Hills Have Eyes (1977). Worra absolute pile.

haritori

​What ? Shame on you it's a gritty classic of a sci-fi horror thriller.

haritori

Yes I too watched that, and while its held up better and the Aliens now … Yes I too watched that, and while its held up better and the Aliens now tear everyone a new A hole regardless, the film is clearly a product of its time, and its no longer scary to me :(To be honest nothing much scares me anymore, but something like the walking dead and the Negan Scene made me think about my mortality and that swizzle scares me more than any Freddie Krueger or Xenomorph any day.

​Crimson peak is worth watching.

You need to watch classic horrors like the fog, salems lot, the b&w haunting.

The hostel films set a scenario that no doubt have been a reality for some. Lots of sadistic people out there, couple that with money. Boom.

I have decided not to watch any more horror movies.

Banned

mutley1

I have decided not to watch any more horror movies.

Not even The Money Pit or Rogue Trader?

Jeepers creepers 2 is brilliant. Jeepers creepers 1 should be given a miss. Really rubbish.

haritori

Exactly thats what i consider a good film, the possibility of it becoming … Exactly thats what i consider a good film, the possibility of it becoming a reality.Not really a horror but I like Death Proof for that reason.

​Got to watch that tommorow night hopefully, looks interesting. I'm always looking for good horror/thrillers so anymore recommendations from you guys would be greatly appreciated. By thrillers I mean psychological ones, a bit like 'The Orphan'. Again, something that is quite possible.

kester76

You need to watch classic horrors like the fog, salems lot, the b&w … You need to watch classic horrors like the fog, salems lot, the b&w haunting.

​Loved the fog.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Boredom911
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428514672
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769632
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet35104

See more discussions