Groups

are your streets getting gritted? use dishwasher salt to clear them!!!..lol

right guys lol after the ribbing in the first three pages i'll change the OP ,
    if your street isnt gritted and you've run out of table salt use your dishwasher salt.

LOL happy now

34 Comments

Salt melts ice? Theres a thing :lol:

Btw, gritter just gone past our house.... TWICE

How much is a bag?

looooooooool

wasnt there a deal with wickes for some big ass bag of salt for like 10 quid

Banned

HA HA HA HA! I certainly am "laughing at loud"!

BabySmurfette;7486463

How much is a bag?

this^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Salt melts ice! holy crap, who'd have thought it!

Banned

http://www.dan-jackson.com/smilies/tree3.jpg

poor OP your gonna get cained

LOOOOOOOOOOOL, this serious :?

who would have guessed that salt makes ice melt :lol: what did you think grit was :?

been doing this for years on the steps

Have tried to get salt for my dishwasher this week and its sold out?

What a waste of dishwasher salt. I hope there's nothing else in it that might cause an environmental hazard in such large quantities (like killing wildilfe or polluting water courses). Of course, just ordinary salt would be much cheaper. I think ASDA sell large bags of table salt for like 49p or something.

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/9625/37262398081a75a9d4d6.jpg

Next the OP will be telling us that sodium chloride, or halite is also the ticket

vinylandtrinkets;7486531

probably!but if anyone else is like me and didnt think of the dishwasher … probably!but if anyone else is like me and didnt think of the dishwasher stuff just normal table salt then it might help someone

ye but normal table salt does it too funnily enough :lol: i went outside 3 days ago with a salt shaker, put some on my steps, went inside put some on my chips, ate them, wnt back outside, ice was gone :shock:

Banned

Penny Saver;7486532

What a waste of dishwasher salt. I hope there's nothing else in it that … What a waste of dishwasher salt. I hope there's nothing else in it that might cause an environmental hazard in such large quantities (like killing wildilfe or polluting water courses). Of course, just ordinary salt would be much cheaper. I think ASDA sell large bags of table salt for like 49p or something.

Ha ha ha! Hippy.

Salt is a naturally occurring substance and will be washed away into drains as the ice melts. What do you think is down in those drains? Butterflies and unicorns?

We live on a private road so we dont get gritters. Doesn't sound like it would work out cheaper than the grit sand we currently get.

vinylandtrinkets;7486556

have you tried to get a bag of table salt? its like gold dust where we … have you tried to get a bag of table salt? its like gold dust where we live, just like bread and milk

Nope, I haven't. Can't say I'm all that bothered. It's snow and ice. Make adjustments and get over it. Plus hubby manages a huge team of grit lorries, so some might not think it odd that there's a nice route everywhere we need to go... :whistling:

DanJackson;7486572

Ha ha ha! Hippy. Salt is a naturally occurring substance and will be … Ha ha ha! Hippy. Salt is a naturally occurring substance and will be washed away into drains as the ice melts. What do you think is down in those drains? Butterflies and unicorns?

I only asked if there was anything ELSE in the dishwasher salt that might have an effect...

Banned

I Am Laughing Out Loud Again!

Banned

Penny Saver;7486594

I only asked if there was anything ELSE in the dishwasher salt that might … I only asked if there was anything ELSE in the dishwasher salt that might have an effect...

No. It's salt.

Banned

vinylandtrinkets;7486589

ok look at it this way we all know salt melts ice, but if you cant get … ok look at it this way we all know salt melts ice, but if you cant get table salt then dishwasher stuff does the same job, ok i should have worded the OP a bit better..lol

I didn't know maybe I am thick.

I knew slugs didn't like the stuff.

Thanks VT :thumbsup:

DanJackson;7486604

No. It's salt.

Now I have to go and read the packet.

vinylandtrinkets;7486511

lol no need to be sarcastic only trying to help!tesco £1.41builders sand … lol no need to be sarcastic only trying to help!tesco £1.41builders sand is over £9.00 at our local depot and they dont have any left.

Bad value, I bought Sainsbury's Table Salt for £0.23 for 1kg

vinylandtrinkets;7486589

ok look at it this way we all know salt melts ice, but if you cant get … ok look at it this way we all know salt melts ice, but if you cant get table salt then dishwasher stuff does the same job, ok i should have worded the OP a bit better..lol

some sodium chloride and some potassium chloride might just do it, dont hold me to that though

vinylandtrinkets;7486589

You're right, WE all know it does, you on the other hand only just discovered it.

I like the wording of the title that makes you sound like you just came up with a genius invention.

DanJackson;7486604

No. It's salt.

pahahahaha :lol:

Penny Saver;7486617

Now I have to go and read the packet.

Argh, I get the five in one tablets. How irritating.

Banned

micoo;7486638

pahahahaha :lol:

I think the name "diswasher SALT" kind of gives it away

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss86/micoo91/micoofacepalm.jpg

Banned

Penny Saver;7486583

Nope, I haven't. Can't say I'm all that bothered. It's snow and ice. … Nope, I haven't. Can't say I'm all that bothered. It's snow and ice. Make adjustments and get over it. Plus hubby manages a huge team of grit lorries, so some might not think it odd that there's a nice route everywhere we need to go... :whistling:

well thats fine n dandy for you

slate the op then blow your **** bout hubby managing gritter fleets.......is he unemployed during the no ice weather? or does he manage a fleet of bin men when thats the case?

op, u didnt think your post thru but nevermind the ppl slating u

i didnt know dishwasher salt existed then again i dont do the dishes

hncb0809;7486652

well thats fine n dandy for youslate the op then blow your **** bout … well thats fine n dandy for youslate the op then blow your **** bout hubby managing gritter fleets.......is he unemployed during the no ice weather? or does he manage a fleet of bin men when thats the case?op, u didnt think your post thru but nevermind the ppl slating ui didnt know dishwasher salt existed then again i dont do the dishes

What? Right now all they do is grit. Once the grass grows again, all they'll do is cut it. Once the leaves fall, all they'll do is pick them up. It's called ground-maintenance on a LARGE scale. They do what the chap paying the contract tells them to do. Right now he wants to see where his trees are, so they grit round them too. In fields. Yeah baby.

vinylandtrinkets;7486735

did any of you know that tesco dishwasher salt has a water softener in … did any of you know that tesco dishwasher salt has a water softener in it?? LOL ok ive got baby soft water on my drive now..LOL oh dear

That's what the salts actually used for.....

Epic thread.

dcx_badass;7488386

You can't joke your way out of the stupidest thread of 2010 so far … You can't joke your way out of the stupidest thread of 2010 so far sunshine.

To be fair, dishwasher salt is better than table salt, slow release

Jumpingphil;7488712

Just cut a fifth off each one and throw that down your drive. :thumbsup:

What if you get the wrong fifth though? Could lead to an ecological disaster :w00t:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. [Xbox] 6 Months Xbox Live For £14.99 (When Purchasing Selected Games At Ama…23
      2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7211360
      3. word association Game74044557
      4. Get an annual MOT reminder22

See more discussions