Groups

Aren't all the toilet roll offers confusing?

I just don't know which rolls to buy, I am using newspaper until I decide. What offer did you plump for?

49 Comments

yeah

they are

BFN

fp

its got to be andrex,,,its got puppies on it

Take a calculator, divide the price by the number of rolls.

Today in Sainsburys they had a top brand on offer of 9 rolls for about £4.60 but that was about 51p a roll.

But the Sainsburys own were packs of 18 for £6.78 which worked out at about 37p a roll.

So I went for them.

Surprising how many picked up the top brand offer without even thinking about it.

why not just use your hand then give it a wash
    its a lot cheaper lol

gotta be cushelle-that koala is far cuter than the andrex labradors

I never buy cheap bog roll but was told about the Nicky range from Farmfoods and Home Bargains £2 for 9 rolls. I was really surprised at how soft this stuff is and thick too! I am going to be buying this from now on!

bossyboots

I never buy cheap bog roll but was told about the Nicky range from … I never buy cheap bog roll but was told about the Nicky range from Farmfoods and Home Bargains £2 for 9 rolls. I was really surprised at how soft this stuff is and thick too! I am going to be buying this from now on!

is it advertised by a KOALA? err-no-therefore it must be useless.

only kidding BB-will check farmfoods for this.

barky

is it advertised by a KOALA? err-no-therefore it must be useless.only … is it advertised by a KOALA? err-no-therefore it must be useless.only kidding BB-will check farmfoods for this.

Its triple ply and honestly absolutely brilliant. I also bought some of their kitchen roll and that too is mega thick and mega cheap!

Remember the "Princess and the Pea"?
    My ring is the Princess, and detects inferior rolls.

I am also using newspaper - The Sun to be precise. The problem is it's so full of sh!t already that it's not proving very economical.

bossyboots

I never buy cheap bog roll but was told about the Nicky range from … I never buy cheap bog roll but was told about the Nicky range from Farmfoods and Home Bargains £2 for 9 rolls. I was really surprised at how soft this stuff is and thick too! I am going to be buying this from now on!

Agree with you on that one BB, i usually buy the 'top brands' but with 2 kids and going through almost 12 rolls a week !! oO ( think hubbys to blame also , im sure he almost uses 1/3 of a roll each visit to the toilet !!) so i picked up some of these 'Nicky' ones to try and was pleasently suprised tbh, there nice and soft and you even get a choice of check colour if your fussy ( like me ) haha

The Nicky stuff is great - used to sell it in b&m but not anymore. Back to cushelle for us, although lidl sell cushelle on offer at 24 rolls for £6 bargain!

Swan necks stuffed with Labrador puppies for me.

Is it only me that not only checks the price but also the average amount of sheets per roll on the back of the packet?

TAXI.........................

Banned

I refuse to spend more than a few quid on toilet roll.

michelleleemoo

yeahthey areBFNfp:p

Fanpages secretly is michelleleemoo.

I tend to scuttle across the garden on my ass like the dog........even better this time of year when there is a nice dew in the morning

Banned

Syzable

I tend to scuttle across the garden on my ass like the dog........even … I tend to scuttle across the garden on my ass like the dog........even better this time of year when there is a nice dew in the morning

My chickens are enjoying the dew at the moment

Banned

guilbert53

Take a calculator, divide the price by the number of rolls.Today in … Take a calculator, divide the price by the number of rolls.Today in Sainsburys they had a top brand on offer of 9 rolls for about £4.60 but that was about 51p a roll.But the Sainsburys own were packs of 18 for £6.78 which worked out at about 37p a roll.So I went for them.Surprising how many picked up the top brand offer without even thinking about it.

problem here is that they vary the number of sheets. Some have as few as 200 and some have 280

Banned

csiman

problem here is that they vary the number of sheets. Some have as few as … problem here is that they vary the number of sheets. Some have as few as 200 and some have 280

Can't they all be the same size :cry:

Daily Mail, crap on the inside, crap on the outside now.:)

Get one of those Japanese toilets that squirt water up your pooper and follows it with hot air.

You would need to know it was going to happen in advance or some blokes would end up curled up in the shower weeping like in the crying game.

Banned

guilbert53

Take a calculator, divide the price by the number of rolls.Today in … Take a calculator, divide the price by the number of rolls.Today in Sainsburys they had a top brand on offer of 9 rolls for about £4.60 but that was about 51p a roll.But the Sainsburys own were packs of 18 for £6.78 which worked out at about 37p a roll.So I went for them.Surprising how many picked up the top brand offer without even thinking about it.

surprising how many people dont even realise it states price per roll on the shelf label in the top stores. Same for price per 100g on food stuffs etc

I wonder what percentage of shoppers just buy what they want without even looking at the price?
    Edited by: "greg_68" 8th Sep 2010

Banned

we just get the cheap asda make lol

Banned

or better still, just view MYSUPERMARKET which shows them all with price per roll.

mysupermarket.co.uk/she…tml

What a strange thread

I've been using that Nicky one for a couple of years now.

Banned

csiman

surprising how many people dont even realise it states price per roll on … surprising how many people dont even realise it states price per roll on the shelf label in the top stores. Same for price per 100g on food stuffs etc

I always check the above.

Some people are so thick X)

Banned

greg_68

I wonder what percentage of shoppers just buy what they want without even … I wonder what percentage of shoppers just buy what they want without even looking at the price?

Ones that can afford to or like a certain product.

Mind = blown

I used the tesco value 12 rolls for like £1.30ish..

Seriously doesn't bother me, just wrap it up a few times.

Buy a load of different rolls - try each one out, then take the ones you don't want back to the shop for a refund - take the used sheets with you to help explain why you don't want them.

Banned

Aren't all the toilet roll offers confusing?

no

Banned

Mance

I used the tesco value 12 rolls for like £1.30ish..Seriously doesn't … I used the tesco value 12 rolls for like £1.30ish..Seriously doesn't bother me, just wrap it up a few times.:{

defeats the object of buying it really if you use twice the amount each time lol

Banned

Home & Bargains regularly do 18 rolls of loo paper for 2.99.

Don't forget to stock up on essentials before VAT rises after christmas
    Edited by: "DLM" 8th Sep 2010

Oh my god, another thread about toilet roll, seems I cannot resist!! Last one I took part in I got loads of abuse X) A n y h o w - off to wilkos for the cushelle offer and going to try and use the 50p coupon - wish me luck

Banned

maccy1

Oh my god, another thread about toilet roll, seems I cannot resist!! … Oh my god, another thread about toilet roll, seems I cannot resist!! Last one I took part in I got loads of abuse X) A n y h o w - off to wilkos for the cushelle offer and going to try and use the 50p coupon - wish me luck

Good luck.

Let us know if you get a bargain

DLM

Good luck.Let us know if you get a bargain

Aww thanks - will do!
    Sometimes when using coupons you feel like you are robbing the shop, they look you up and down suspiciously, ask where you got them from, your date of birth and your blood group - if the answers are not correct they say 'sorry you cannot use them in this shop'! X)

maccy1

Oh my god, another thread about toilet roll, seems I cannot resist!! Last … Oh my god, another thread about toilet roll, seems I cannot resist!! Last one I took part in I got loads of abuse X) A n y h o w - off to wilkos for the cushelle offer and going to try and use the 50p coupon - wish me luck

Whats the wilkos offer? Just spotted lidl have these again this weekend 24 rolls for £6.99

Shellywelly

Whats the wilkos offer? Just spotted lidl have these again this weekend … Whats the wilkos offer? Just spotted lidl have these again this weekend 24 rolls for £6.99

Hi shellywelly

hotukdeals.com/dea…720

it is the scented one but if they accept the 50p coupon, it makes it 88p for four rolls, probably just shot myself in the foot now, by the time I get there they will have all gone X)

You can get the 50p coupon from the cushelle website.
    ps you can print out two coupons if you say it did not print the first one, also I got another 2 under another email address, it does say it has your IP address, but it just stops you printing more than two, so if you cannot abuse too much.
    Edited by: "maccy1" 8th Sep 2010

Banned

csiman

defeats the object of buying it really if you use twice the amount each … defeats the object of buying it really if you use twice the amount each time lol

Thought this exact thing at work where I have to use 5 sheets to make it somewhere comparable to the good stuff and to make sure it doesn't split allowing my finger to go straight through to stroke my anus as I wipe.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047101
      2. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941344
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767216
      4. Nintendo Ships Every Switch With a Hidden NES Emulator35

See more discussions