Aren't the 'Deals' being posted really poor this Christmas?

22 replies
Found 13th Nov 2009
In previous years I would already have bought several Christmas presents from deals posted on HUKD but I've not seen anything this year worth getting. I don't think it's going to be such a great Christmas.

22 Comments

I suppose it depends what you're after really.... we've probably spent 50% of the value of the things we've bought everyone for Xmas, mainly through deal on here.

Think of the january sales though, whatever excess stock dosen't get shifted will get shifted then.

Thats when the real deals come into play.

How can you complain because you personally aren't interested in them lol

the thing i sometimes do not understand with these deals is that in a way they make you spend money that you perhaps wouldn't have anyway.

Thats what I think

midlandscomics;6876097

I suppose it depends what you're after really.... we've probably spent … I suppose it depends what you're after really.... we've probably spent 50% of the value of the things we've bought everyone for Xmas, mainly through deal on here.

+1

i put harrods teddy deal up - which is a good deal - that is in my opinion - people didnt think so:thumbsup:

wheras 1000s maybe of COD posts - most popular item of all time - did you buy 1 - i didnt

depends on what you class as a good deal

brettytopbanana;6876116

the thing i sometimes do not understand with these deals is that in a way … the thing i sometimes do not understand with these deals is that in a way they make you spend money that you perhaps wouldn't have anyway. Thats what I think

Self control is the key!

I don't think it's going to be such a great Christmas

Really? You base your Christmas on how many bargains you get, thats pretty sad.

To much fighting going on this forum lately for any deals to be posted :viking:

every dvd/cd/game i have ordered i have found on here

Yep, apart from big tv's there's nothing too much great going on. I find that some of the best prices come around October, and then prices go up again with the exception of competitive games consoles. Prices often have to have been higher so they can appear discounted in the January sales, although I think many of the sales items are rubbish and just left overs from pre-christmas deals. Still seems a lot of mark-up on many products, Blu-rays etc.

Original Poster

Goonieman;6876130

Really? You base your Christmas on how many bargains you get, thats … Really? You base your Christmas on how many bargains you get, thats pretty sad.

No, not at all. It's often hard thinking what to get some people and in the past the variety of deals has been better. It seems this year that the type of deals being posted, whilst obviously good to those interested in that kind of product, is much more limited. If the variety is better then there is more likely to be deals more people are interested in and this year I feel the variety is not as good as in the past.

gemmar26;6876148

every dvd/cd/game i have ordered i have found on here

I hate those deals as they don't interest me and there's always loads hehe

kingy58;6876182

No, not at all. It's often hard thinking what to get some people and in … No, not at all. It's often hard thinking what to get some people and in the past the variety of deals has been better. It seems this year that the type of deals being posted, whilst obviously good to those interested in that kind of product, is much more limited. If the variety is better then there is more likely to be deals more people are interested in and this year I feel the variety is not as good as in the past.

Maybe you should post a few more yourself:thumbsup:

Its only early November maybe just wait nearer the time ?

Original Poster

deb8z;6876195

Maybe you should post a few more yourself:thumbsup:

Exactly my point; there aren't that many about this year.

OP - what sort of age ranges are you looking to buy for, and what sort of things do you have in mind as ideal presents?

kingy58;6876209

Exactly my point; there aren't that many about this year.

Only ones that don't interest you is my point though:thumbsup:

Do what i do,don't buy anyone xmas pressies,bah humbug:thumbsup:

Pay full price and stop being such a tightwad. :-D

Thers's something for everyone on here. I love it! :-D

Original Poster

midlandscomics;6876221

OP - what sort of age ranges are you looking to buy for, and what sort of … OP - what sort of age ranges are you looking to buy for, and what sort of things do you have in mind as ideal presents?

In previous years, as someone has already said, there were some good deals around in October, but they were much fewer this year. Last year, for example, there were fantastic deals on Ipod alarm clocks from Play, Canon SLR's from Argos, photo mugs from Snapfish to name but a few. If you're not after DVD's or Games/Games consoles there is without a doubt much less of interest this year.

Admin

kingy58;6876344

In previous years, as someone has already said, there were some good … In previous years, as someone has already said, there were some good deals around in October, but they were much fewer this year. Last year, for example, there were fantastic deals on Ipod alarm clocks from Play, Canon SLR's from Argos, photo mugs from Snapfish to name but a few. If you're not after DVD's or Games/Games consoles there is without a doubt much less of interest this year.

You only liked those deals because they were ones you were personally interested in though

I think that if you look hard enough, there are always deals..

I mean you mention the snapfish mug deal, was it the £3.50 one?
hotukdeals.com/ite…mug

Yet you've got one on here on offer aswell-

hotukdeals.com/ite…-at

Both are subject to p&p, the Tesco one is actually cheaper.

I have already bught two TVs and a a DSi thanks to eagle eyed HUKDers :):thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29313888
    2. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2684
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247592
    4. sweet Sundays codes need to be redeemed by 23.59 on the 19th of October44

See more discussions