Found 5th Feb 2009
both my browers seem to have been hacked. won't goto links keeps bringing up ad's. I thought it was just firefox and uninstalled it but now its on IE. I've ran ad aware and symantec but its not getting rid of it. Spybot won't install for some reason. can't connect to the server to download. anyone got any tips?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
11 Comments

if it helps i had a similar problem, tried many programs, but same problems on restart - the only thing left for me to do was re-install windows which worked fine

see here: hotukdeals.com/ite…09/

Original Poster

mittu1;4288657

this will help if you can get there!http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

can't get there mate! does it work for you?

Original Poster

AugQX;4288671

if it helps i had a similar problem, tried many programs, but same … if it helps i had a similar problem, tried many programs, but same problems on restart - the only thing left for me to do was re-install windows which worked finesee here: http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/313563/annoying-pop-ups-and-antivirus-2009/

ugh this is a new computer too wasn't wanting to reformat so soon! ahh well. hate having to get all the bloody drivers again!

unfortunatly a reinstall is the only option i wirk with computers everyday and i have had the same thing 3 times it sa kick in the balls as i have jsut has to reinstall like 5 days ago luckyly i have a disc of win xp sp3 and i have not had to download 1 driver for my pc it found them all and installed during the os install if you want a copy pm me your address ill post it over today if i have to go out in this bloody weather, i hope this helps you out i knwo looking for certain drivers can be a pain

p.s. if your looking for other drivers that your really cant find google a program called "driver genius" that will find you anything you need

If you know someone with a pc download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware on there pc copy it onto a memory stick / camera memory card / cd /dvd then run it on your pc. It does work or contact me with your e-mail address and I will e-mail it to you as it`s only 2mb.

humanuk;4289793

If you know someone with a pc download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware on … If you know someone with a pc download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware on there pc copy it onto a memory stick / camera memory card / cd /dvd then run it on your pc. It does work or contact me with your e-mail address and I will e-mail it to you as it`s only 2mb.

sounds liek the one i had tho even replacing registry items and deleting the infected files it still comes back i tried to everything to avoid the re-install but was my only option when i had this

humanuk;4289793

If you know someone with a pc download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware on … If you know someone with a pc download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware on there pc copy it onto a memory stick / camera memory card / cd /dvd then run it on your pc. It does work or contact me with your e-mail address and I will e-mail it to you as it`s only 2mb.

I think that's the best course of action before re-installing.

tsar_nate;4289805

sounds liek the one i had tho even replacing registry items and deleting … sounds liek the one i had tho even replacing registry items and deleting the infected files it still comes back i tried to everything to avoid the re-install but was my only option when i had this

vista or xp?

both plus i hated vista 3rd time i gave it a chance still hate it, its like the new windows millenium

tsar_nate;4300223

both plus i hated vista 3rd time i gave it a chance still hate it, its … both plus i hated vista 3rd time i gave it a chance still hate it, its like the new windows millenium

lol bit unfair seeing as in this situation xp is fairing no better and i have by my side an ME machine doing just fine ty
sorry quoting you was mistake was asking OP
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Full car respray11
    2. Best Way to Cook Pheasant Breasts?33
    3. Wireless earphones57
    4. Will iPad 2 iOS update slows it down?44

See more discussions