argh my 2 hour old dyson is broke

Found 16th Oct 2009
i ordered the ball from amazon yesterday. i was very supprised to have it turn up this morning. reason for buying was the hose had broken on our old 'hoover', so put it together and did the stairs. the clip that holds the parts together on the hose has broken on one side so you need to hold it in place to stop the suction being lost. do i need to replace the whole hoover or can i get a new part from it? thankyou

1. Misc
  2. Dyson
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Dyson
21 Comments

Banned

just send it back......get a new 1

If you haven't abused it send it back for exchange. Amazon are great in that respect.

You will be able to print off a post paid lable I think. If I'm wrong I know for sure they will refund your postage.

Give Dyson a ring and they will advise We have a Dyson Ball and its great this is our second Dyson and we have had no problems at all

Helpline no 08705 275104

You need to contact Amazon I would have thought and ask them what to do.

Original Poster

thankyou, i tried to go through amazon on my order but would only give me the option to replace it and wasnt sure i needed to. will give that number a ring thanks

if you phone dyson, they will send an engineer out to repair it. it wont cost you a penny.
also, the engineer will replace any other part that needs changing for free too! e.g. the wire cord if its running to slow!

oh, dont call the 0870 number, instead go to saynoto0870.com and get the landline number!!

Original Poster

RoyalT;6594035

if you phone dyson, they will send an engineer out to repair it. it wont … if you phone dyson, they will send an engineer out to repair it. it wont cost you a penny. also, the engineer will replace any other part that needs changing for free too! e.g. the wire cord if its running to slow!oh, dont call the 0870 number, instead go to saynoto0870.com and get the landline number!!

i tried that! it couldnt find a number. :thumbsup:

izzyboy5;6594046

i tried that! it couldnt find a number. :thumbsup:

You didn't try very hard ... ;-)

Original Poster

the number that mikebike gave me i put into my 0870 app. it said no landline number

izzyboy5;6594157

the number that mikebike gave me i put into my 0870 app. it said no … the number that mikebike gave me i put into my 0870 app. it said no landline number

if you search for dyson....

Dyson - 01666 827272

Always search by name, rather than number.

Banned

seriously OP - I can't believe you are here asking this kind of question!

you got it from Amazon and after 2 hours it's bust - get on to them and get it sent back and replaced!

some people.................

mikebike;6593981

Give Dyson a ring and they will advise We have a Dyson Ball and its great … Give Dyson a ring and they will advise We have a Dyson Ball and its great this is our second Dyson and we have had no problems at all Helpline no 08705 275104

as the man said, did this the other week and they were great, had an issue with the post but that was due to the Post Office and not Dyson
:thumbsup:

Original Poster

dimebars;6594185

seriously OP - I can't believe you are here asking this kind of … seriously OP - I can't believe you are here asking this kind of question!you got it from Amazon and after 2 hours it's bust - get on to them and get it sent back and replaced!some people.................

dont give you imput if it offends you that much. all i was asking is if anyone knew of a way to get the piece replaced rather that having to return the hoover....leaving us a few weeks without one. anyway, managed to get through to dyson and they are replacing the piece

Me. I would get amazon to send out a replacement straight away and for them to be picking up the faulty Hoover either at same time but def arrange for a new one next day delivery. Lay it thick tell them of asthma in your household and skin allergies just to make sure they send out a replacement as they should anyways on a 2 hour faulty expensive item

ive had 2 dysons the "best" one lasted 3 months ^^

my advice ...get a refund and get an HENRY

dontasciime;6594339

Me. I would get amazon to send out a replacement straight away and for … Me. I would get amazon to send out a replacement straight away and for them to be picking up the faulty Hoover either at same time but def arrange for a new one next day delivery.

It's not a Hoover :whistling:

peodude;6594369

It's not a Hoover :whistling:

Well not if it don't work it aint.

Anyways Dyson is still not how you spell cheap fragile plastic with delusions of grandeur

dontasciime;6594425

Anyways Dyson is still not how you spell cheap fragile plastic with … Anyways Dyson is still not how you spell cheap fragile plastic with delusions of grandeur

Is that why it is the biggest selling vacuum cleaner in the UK?

peodude;6594445

Speaks volumes, the Sun is the biggest selling newspaper in the UK, it is still rubbish.:roll:

peodude;6594445

No that is not why.

It's the same reason why people buy Wii consoles because they think they want one only to find them covered in dust in short space of time.

People buy what they want and they have that right but imo it's an overinflated price for cheap looking brittle plastic that breaks far too easily.

It's good to know that someone can step to the mark and defend their hoover / vacuum cleaner, personal tidy assistant's honour :lol
Post a comment
@
    Text