Groups

argh, my ears playing up again

omg its annoying now, I woke up at 4 this morning because of it, ITS KILLING. im in sooo much pain and all i can hear in my left ear is a high pitchs noise. god i feel like ripping my ear out. how do you cure it if there are any doctors in the house

40 Comments

Banned

Have you been to the doctors?

Banned

If it is bad then yes please do go and see a doctor, you dont pay all that insurance for nothing lol and if not that terrible then try and see if you can put a couple of drops of luke warm olive oil and see if that helps at all

Banned

Prissymiss;2595663

Have you been to the doctors?

Prissymiss I like you for being probably the most carying person here :thumbsup:

Tinnitus . . . . . . Dr Gringo's prognosis stands from yesterday . . . . . get to the docs m8 . . . .

Banned

Dell_in_the_bed;2595680

Prissymiss I like you for being probably the most carying person here … Prissymiss I like you for being probably the most carying person here :thumbsup:

Yeah right, I have a great bedside manner too:whistling:

are you the same person who i asked whether you clean them with cotton buds and you said yeah ??????

Original Poster

ill book an appointment now. its killing, dont mean to moan but OWWWW

Original Poster

alnbowes;2595700

are you the same person who i asked whether you clean them with cotton … are you the same person who i asked whether you clean them with cotton buds and you said yeah ??????

yeh lol

Banned

Prissymiss;2595691

wit twoo! :w00t:

Banned

mbgringo;2595681

Tinnitus . . . . . . Dr Gringo's prognosis stands from yesterday . . . . … Tinnitus . . . . . . Dr Gringo's prognosis stands from yesterday . . . . . get to the docs m8 . . . .

With the sound, then that is the most likely. But with the pain also, it could be an ear infection.

Have you got any jaw or tooth pains?

High temperature?

dean3988;2595709

yeh lol

you have an infection nprobs resulting in antibiotics needed .

go to the docs and sort it m8 :thumbsup:

Banned

Gargle with some dispersible asprin in the meantime

Banned

But get to the Docs like I told you yesterday:roll:

Banned

Prissymiss;2595691

This is what happens when you have a crush on a doctor when you are young :roll:

otex but go to Drs 1st...now thats a mummy speaking!!!

Original Poster

Foosball Chum;2595724

Gargle with some dispersible asprin in the meantime

ive taken about 6 paracetamol since 4 this morning

Prissymiss;2595719

With the sound, then that is the most likely. But with the pain also, it … With the sound, then that is the most likely. But with the pain also, it could be an ear infection.Have you got any jaw or tooth pains? High temperature?

my jaw is aching abit on my left side, what does that mean?

Prissymiss;2595691

So we've heard!

Anyway back to OP, have you been swimming recently? Or tried cleaning your ears with q-tips (cotton buds). I get this a lot after swimming its the water pressure pushing the wax to the back of your ear canal putting pressure on your ear drum, it then becomes a solid mass due to the pressure and wont budge, if this is the case put a few drops of wax in your offending ear several times a day to soften the wax, then make an appointment for in a weeks time to see the nurse as you will then need your ears syringing to remove the build up. If it is due to swimming then get some good quality silicon ear buds to protect your ears when swimming.

Also never use cotton buds in the ear canal. Avoid over the counter ear wax solutions too as they can aggravate the tender flesh (this is on advice from my doctor)

Banned

dean3988;2595755

ive taken about 6 paracetamol since 4 this morningmy jaw is aching abit … ive taken about 6 paracetamol since 4 this morningmy jaw is aching abit on my left side, what does that mean?

Could be an abcess, in which case you would need to see a dentist. Go to the doctors first though. If they cannot find anything, then it's of to the dentist for you young fella me lad:-D

Original Poster

harlzter;2595759

So we've heard!Anyway back to OP, have you been swimming recently? Or … So we've heard!Anyway back to OP, have you been swimming recently? Or tried cleaning your ears with q-tips (cotton buds). I get this a lot after swimming its the water pressure pushing the wax to the back of your ear canal putting pressure on your ear drum, it then becomes a solid mass due to the pressure and wont budge, if this is the case put a few drops of wax in your offending ear several times a day to soften the wax, then make an appointment for in a weeks time to see the nurse as you will then need your ears syringing to remove the build up. If it is due to swimming then get some good quality silicon ear buds to protect your ears when swimming.Also never use cotton buds in the ear canal. Avoid over the counter ear wax solutions too as they can aggravate the tender flesh (this is on advice from my doctor)

not been swimming no?? not for atleast a month. that syringe thing doesnt sound nice :?

try to leave the ear alone if you keep jabbing it then it will hurt more, as i have found in the past.

If you suspect it is tooth related then put a warm hot water bottle on your face could try on your ear too.

That helped me

Original Poster

REDRANGER86;2595801

try to leave the ear alone if you keep jabbing it then it will hurt more, … try to leave the ear alone if you keep jabbing it then it will hurt more, as i have found in the past. If you suspect it is tooth related then put a warm hot water bottle on your face could try on your ear too. That helped me

i dont think that its a tooth thing aswell, my jaw is only aching like the tinyest bit but i'm no doctor. ive told my mum to book an appointment so ill see what the doc has to say

Banned

[SIZE="7"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]STOP CRAMMING LEGO AND PEAS INTO YOUR EARS:thumbsup:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Original Poster

Prissymiss;2595820

[SIZE="7"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]STOP CRAMMING LEGO AND PEAS INTO YOUR … [SIZE="7"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]STOP CRAMMING LEGO AND PEAS INTO YOUR EARS:thumbsup:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE]

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="6"]I DONT!!! I ONLY DO THAT WITH BEANS[/SIZE][/COLOR]

dean3988;2595828

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="6"]I DONT!!! I ONLY DO THAT WITH BEANS[/SIZE][/COLOR]

:w00t: Ouch

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1382/1304524919_10c66260d6.jpg

No wonder they're hurting :whistling:

Banned

Save time visiting the doctors......shrink a friend and pop them in your ear to look for you, if gungy, red or pus filled, get some pills online. Job done:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Prissymiss;2595837

Save time visiting the doctors......shrink a friend and pop them in your … Save time visiting the doctors......shrink a friend and pop them in your ear to look for you, if gungy, red or pus filled, get some pills online. Job done:thumbsup:

loll, will you do it for me?

dean3988;2595781

not been swimming no?? not for atleast a month. that syringe thing doesnt … not been swimming no?? not for atleast a month. that syringe thing doesnt sound nice :?

How long ago did the pain/discomfort start? Wax will attract wax if you see what I mean?
    Ear syringing is painless, all it involves is a jet of warm water in your ear to flush the softened wax out, perfectly painless, in fact when you have it done its quite pleasant like scratching an itch you cant reach!

Original Poster

harlzter;2595867

How long ago did the pain/discomfort start? Wax will attract wax if you … How long ago did the pain/discomfort start? Wax will attract wax if you see what I mean? Ear syringing is painless, all it involves is a jet of warm water in your ear to flush the softened wax out, perfectly painless, in fact when you have it done its quite pleasant like scratching an itch you cant reach!

it started 2 days ago when i was at the gym

Banned

dean3988;2595865

loll, will you do it for me?

Ok just getting dressed for the job:thumbsup:
    http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/upload/blog/img_Fetish_300.jpg

Original Poster

Prissymiss;2595892

FORGET THE SHRINKING PART!!!! i think that suit will make my pain go away :w00t:

dean3988;2595906

FORGET THE SHRINKING PART!!!! i think that suit will make my pain go away … FORGET THE SHRINKING PART!!!! i think that suit will make my pain go away :w00t:

Its trinity from the Matrix

DONT TAKE THE BLUE PILL or the Red ......awwwww i can never remember

Banned

dean3988;2595906

FORGET THE SHRINKING PART!!!! i think that suit will make my pain go away … FORGET THE SHRINKING PART!!!! i think that suit will make my pain go away :w00t:

Took me a whole lot of talc to get into that:-D

Prissymiss;2595925

Took me a whole lot of talc to get into that:-D

you wuill look like a warbutons baker when you take it off , flour :-D

Banned

alnbowes;2595991

you wuill look like a warbutons baker when you take it off , flour :-D

Floury baps:whistling:

You need to get to the doctors or at least an NHS walk in centre, you definitely have an ear infection.

You need antibiotics ( in the form of drops) but it has to be established if it's an inner or outer ear infection first ( although both are actually inside the ear canal) and they will need to check you have not perforated your ear drum, though this is unlikely as you would be crying like a baby.

They will probably swab your ear with a gigantic cotton bud ( ironic as they will tell you off about using cotton buds) as sometimes it takes lab analysis to establish exactly what strain of infection you have and the type of drops to treat it.

You may be prone to reinfections for a while, might be an idea to use ear plugs when swimming or showering or it could flare back up several months later.

*DISCLAIMER: I have no formal medical training unless you count watching ER and House,

Original Poster

Den38;2596046

*DISCLAIMER: I have no formal medical training unless you count watching … *DISCLAIMER: I have no formal medical training unless you count watching ER and House,

lol

Prissymiss;2595996

Floury baps:whistling:

ha ha ha raflmao:thumbsup:

Prissymiss;2595892

Miss! My ear hurts!

Banned

Kwokalicious;2596190

Miss! My ear hurts!

LOL:-D

Prissymiss;2595892

miss ive got a pain right down my leg
    :whistling:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3741455
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…2174
      3. TEKKEN goes mobile (iOS/Andorid)22
      4. WHY CANT I JUST TYPE IN THE TEXT BOX33

See more discussions