ARGHH!!!!!!!!!! Magpies...

Can anyone help?
For the past week I've had a problem with magpies pecking out areas of my lawn and it now looks terrible. My lawn was beautiful as i look after it well, I've never had this problem before, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

65 Comments

shotgun *cough

:P

Scarecrow?

Scaremagpie?

Throw bird food in next doors garden :whistling:

Original Poster

scott1295;6476781

shotgun *cough:P

I would of put money on somebody coming out with that :thinking:

Stand on one leg, touch your nose with your left hand whilst pointing at each bird and signing the national anthem backwards

Works everytime

one for sorrow
two for joy
three for a girl
four for a boy
five for silver
six for gold
seven for a secret never to be told

Starr;6476800

Stand on one leg, touch your nose with your left hand whilst pointing at … Stand on one leg, touch your nose with your left hand whilst pointing at each bird and signing the national anthem backwardsWorks everytime

Prove it

I want video lol

Original Poster

jeany123;6476788

Scarecrow?Scaremagpie?

Done all that to no avail :?

queenlush;6476798

Throw bird food in next doors garden :whistling:

lmao!!!!!!!!!!

Bet THIS works!!! :-D

rspb.org.uk/adv…int

# It may be possible to deter them by playing a tape of a crow or rook distress call. get the tape recorder out of course they might dance but it will distract them from pulling grass LOL

ClarityofMind;6476811

lmao!!!!!!!!!!Bet THIS works!!! :-D

hiya my lovely xx

queenlush;6476824

hiya my lovely xx

Hello my gorgeous girl, so good to see you here x

Original Poster

Starr;6476800

Stand on one leg, touch your nose with your left hand whilst pointing at … Stand on one leg, touch your nose with your left hand whilst pointing at each bird and signing the national anthem backwardsWorks everytime

Tried that as well In four different languages changed leg's & everything

renown;6476832

Tried that as well In four different languages changed leg's & everything … Tried that as well In four different languages changed leg's & everything

ahhh.. but was it naked? :w00t:

As long as there is more than 1 magpie then let them be.........

1 magpie is bad luck supposedly...and this has been true for me....the other week on the way to work....I was driving along and passed 1 single magpie at the side of the road....5 mins later I was in a minor bump with another car.... :-(

this week, I passed 6 magpies.......and last night, I nailed a petite blonde milf with FF's :-D

Karma.....you gotta love and believe in it really :-D

i've heard statues of owls deter pigeons ...maybe magpies don't like them either.

StevenA2000_uk;6476851

As long as there is more than 1 magpie then let them be.........1 magpie … As long as there is more than 1 magpie then let them be.........1 magpie is bad luck supposedly...and this has been true for me....the other week on the way to work....I was driving along and passed 1 single magpie at the side of the road....5 mins later I was in a minor bump with another car.... :-(this week, I passed 6 magpies.......and last night, I nailed a petite blonde milf with FF's :-DKarma.....you gotta love and believe in it really :-D

lol ...such a lovely term "nailed"

queenlush;6476871

awful isnt it? lol

Original Poster

jeany123;6476814

http://www.rspb.org.uk/advice/gardening/unwantedvisitors/magpies/magpies.asp?view=print# It may be possible to deter them by playing a tape of a crow or rook distress call. get the tape recorder out of course they might dance but it will distract them from pulling grass LOL

As knowledgeable as ever thank's Jeany :thumbsup:

renown;6476885

As knowledgeable as ever thank's Jeany :thumbsup:

Betcha they come for your wriggly bit

i think magpies are getting evil they keep trying to get my cats

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;6476851

As long as there is more than 1 magpie then let them be.........1 magpie … As long as there is more than 1 magpie then let them be.........1 magpie is bad luck supposedly...and this has been true for me....the other week on the way to work....I was driving along and passed 1 single magpie at the side of the road....5 mins later I was in a minor bump with another car.... :-(this week, I passed 6 magpies.......and last night, I nailed a petite blonde milf with FF's :-DKarma.....you gotta love and believe in it really :-D

If you kept your eye on the road instead of milf you would'nt of crashed i bet :whistling:

queenlush;6476871

LOL....wot can I say? :?

ClarityofMind;6476883

awful isnt it? lol

shurrup you

Original Poster

queenlush;6476855

i've heard statues of owls deter pigeons ...maybe magpies don't like them … i've heard statues of owls deter pigeons ...maybe magpies don't like them either.

Thank's for your input :thumbsup:

ClarityofMind;6476846

ahhh.. but was it naked? :w00t:

surely nooooo they would go after the worm :-D

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6476889

Betcha they come for your wriggly bit

Everybody wants a piece of my wiggly bit especially you i bet :whistling:

queenlush;6476926

surely nooooo they would go after the worm :-D

remember the two ronnies? The worm that turned? I have to find that.

youtube.com/wat…8vk

classic lol

The Magpies are almost certainly after chafer grubs and leather jackets in your once lovely lawn.
If they've already been at it for a week then the damage is done. I'm afraid. You could try an insecticide to kill off the rest of the grubs and CD's dangling from green sticks but it's a bit late. You will have to save your lovely lawn by looking after it well again, probably need some re-seeding, once the magpies have moved on. As a very keen gardener, except for my lawn, you have my sympathy.

Buy a cat...

ttwcd;6476894

i think magpies are getting evil they keep trying to get my cats

OK. A bigger cat!!!

And when that starts pooing in your garden, buy a dog. :thumbsup:

renown;6476930

Everybody wants a piece of my wiggly bit especially you i bet :whistling:

oh so totally babe xx:thumbsup:

ThunderBolt;6476935

Buy a cat...OK. A bigger cat!!!And when that starts pooing in your … Buy a cat...OK. A bigger cat!!!And when that starts pooing in your garden, buy a dog. :thumbsup:

Or move to a flat lol x

Original Poster

chesso;6476933

The Magpies are almost certainly after chafer grubs and leather jackets … The Magpies are almost certainly after chafer grubs and leather jackets in your once lovely lawn. If they've already been at it for a week then the damage is done. I'm afraid. You could try an insecticide to kill off the rest of the grubs and CD's dangling from green sticks but it's a bit late. You will have to save your lovely lawn by looking after it well again, probably need some re-seeding, once the magpies have moved on. As a very keen gardener, except for my lawn, you have my sympathy.

Thank you fellow keen gardener what you say sound's feasible, :thinking: and i am now on my way to hang up my Cd's thank you kindly:)

report ericsson

Original Poster

nikkib123;6476937

Plant marigolds. Magpies are averse to strong odours. Scatter moth balls … Plant marigolds. Magpies are averse to strong odours. Scatter moth balls around your garden.Ask your butcher for scraps and lace the meat with hot peppers or pepper spray. You may wish to do this only when you can keep an eye on the bait to ensure no other animals or small children come in contact with it.

Are you saying i should get a load of brightly dressed old people with flatulence and scatter them around the garden :w00t:

ClarityofMind;6476931

remember the two ronnies? The worm that turned? I have to find … remember the two ronnies? The worm that turned? I have to find that.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK6gQezm8vkclassic lol

great stuff ...lovin the pvc outfits and i can't believe she was the shake and vac woman :w00t:

Original Poster

rugger-tyke;6476956

report ericsson

Are you lost :?

seriously, I though this was a Notts County thread :oops:

rugger-tyke;6476956

report ericsson

:thinking:

Original Poster

bitseylango;6476980

seriously, I though this was a Notts County thread :oops:

Would you like to go away and check your grammer and make your comment more clear :whistling:

renown;6477009

Would you like to go away and check your grammer and make your comment … Would you like to go away and check your grammer and make your comment more clear :whistling:

what has her grandma got to do with anything ?????
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763980
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213595
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846087
    4. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941301

See more discussions