Groups

Arghh sky call centre workers!!!

Arghhh I have just had to call sky AGAIN about a bill I keep getting for a cancelled sky account I had a few months back.

I was put back a forth to various departments, wasting almost an hour on the phone for something that should take 5 minutes. The reason for the delay is that 3 of the operators had a VERY poor level of english, honestly I had to spell out the word 'john' FIVE times! They didn't undertand my simple requests so therefore I was transfered incorrectly to departments who couldn't help me.

Everbody should be able to work where they choose, but surely part of the criteria to work for a customer service department is so speak the language of the customers phoning in!!!! I'm pretty sure if I was working in a call centre in china nobody would want me taking the calls!!

18 Comments

I must be lucky............i always get through to Scotland when i ring. :-D

Syzable;6653811

I must be lucky............i always get through to Scotland when i ring. … I must be lucky............i always get through to Scotland when i ring. :-D

Perhaps the OP did too :w00t:

midlandscomics;6653820

:lol:

Syzable;6653811

I must be lucky............i always get through to Scotland when i ring. … I must be lucky............i always get through to Scotland when i ring. :-D

midlandscomics;6653820

:lol::lol:

Syzable;6653830

:lol:

waterloo;6653853

:lol::lol:

My Dad's side of the family are from Aberdeen, so I know exactly what the OP had to deal with :-D

Original Poster

LOL I am in Scotland and am Scottish!! I really dont think it was my own accent that threw them...I moved around alot so not very broad scot speaking!

midlandscomics;6653866

My Dad's side of the family are from Aberdeen, so I know exactly what the … My Dad's side of the family are from Aberdeen, so I know exactly what the OP had to deal with :-D

I met this bloke from Aberdeen at millwall once it was really hard to keep up with him and later on when he was drunk it was impossible i just gave up in the end ;-)

Original Poster

waterloo;6653984

I met this bloke from Aberdeen at millwall once it was really hard to … I met this bloke from Aberdeen at millwall once it was really hard to keep up with him and later on when he drunk it was impossible i just gave up in the end ;-)

LOL my mums from aberdeen and my dad from Glasgow so I'm fluent in both tuchter and weegie lol!!

Look mate, I'm Scottish I speak the Scottish dialect, it's still English, why ya gotta be so mean? :'(

I know I know, you're talking about the overseas outsource teams

I'm Scottish and I struggle to understand some people - even from my own city!

laszlo;6654505

I'm Scottish and I struggle to understand some people - even from my own … I'm Scottish and I struggle to understand some people - even from my own city!

I love it :giggle:

laszlo;6654505

I'm Scottish and I struggle to understand some people - even from my own … I'm Scottish and I struggle to understand some people - even from my own city!

Eh? What was that again?

chunky;6654019

LOL my mums from aberdeen and my dad from Glasgow so I'm fluent in both … LOL my mums from aberdeen and my dad from Glasgow so I'm fluent in both tuchter and weegie lol!!

How about nipping across to the glasgow sky park to speak to someone?
    Is that possible does anyone know?

Original Poster

kroozing;6655904

How about nipping across to the glasgow sky park to speak to someone?Is … How about nipping across to the glasgow sky park to speak to someone?Is that possible does anyone know?

PMSL..have some rep for that...know exactly where that is!!

midlandscomics;6653866

My Dad's side of the family are from Aberdeen, so I know exactly what the … My Dad's side of the family are from Aberdeen, so I know exactly what the OP had to deal with :-D

Thats actually quite insulting even if it is a joke, I think its not very tactful.

Have a laugh or whatever as even I make fun of people from Glasgow or even Edinburgh or Aberdeen and I am Scottish but dont do it in the way that becomes more of a "racial" slur or say it but then joke about how you dont understand most English accents too(which I dont and many other English people dont)

As regards to your current woe, you should go to your bank and tell them what's happening, they'll repay the money back into your account for you, also make sure you get the direct debt with Sky completely cancelled.

ryouga;6658511

Thats actually quite insulting even if it is a joke, I think its not very … Thats actually quite insulting even if it is a joke, I think its not very tactful.Have a laugh or whatever as even I make fun of people from Glasgow or even Edinburgh or Aberdeen and I am Scottish but dont do it in the way that becomes more of a "racial" slur or say it but then joke about how you dont understand most English accents too(which I dont and many other English people dont)

PMSL :roll:

chunky;6658008

PMSL..have some rep for that...know exactly where that is!!

Thats for rep.
    lol i did it with 02 at ventura near me :thumbsup: oh they listened.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1219
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      3. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218
      4. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33

See more discussions