Groups

Arghh, xbox disc has red circle of death, is it fixable?

My son tilted the Xbox while it was reading a disc, he played dumb and theres like a big circular scratch on the disc. Games loads up to the point where you need to load the map, then it freezes.

Is this beyond repair or is there a good chance it can get fixed?

Also, do all Game stores have the disc repairer?

10 Comments

is it just the one game that doesnt work?

Most game stores offer their disk doctor service for *i think* 2 - 3.99.

Original Poster

yeah, just the one game, when you hold it up to the light, no light shines through the disc, i dont think its through to the data part.

game charge £2.99 to clean your disc, blockbuster charge £2.00 had to get it done this week as my son moved his xbox 360 with call of duty still in it, hope this helps

Original Poster

waycash

game charge £2.99 to clean your disc, blockbuster charge £2.00 had to get … game charge £2.99 to clean your disc, blockbuster charge £2.00 had to get it done this week as my son moved his xbox 360 with call of duty still in it, hope this helps

how deep was it, did it work?

i done this and it was really deep they ran it through machine a few times worked in the end

I'm new to XBox and this is news to me.

To confirm, you shouldn't move your XBox when it is on with a disc inside. Correct?

Presume it is OK to move when powered off with a disc inside.

Original Poster

Happyshopper, when disc is spinning, dont move the xbox. Otherwise, its safe.

And im new to Xbox too, never ever had that happen to the Ps3.
    Edited by: "generaloneill" 14th Jan 2011

Banned

try installing it to the hdd

Original Poster

hmmm, how do i do that?

Banned

put the game in
    stay on the dashboard
    go to the my xbox blade
    press y(sometimes takes a few seconds for the install option to show)
    select install
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmeticians79
      2. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery1218
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671414
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424614496

See more discussions