Arghhhh - Can feel every metal spring in our Miracoil 3

Found 7th Aug 2012
Can't believe it, just over a year ago I purchased a Silentnight Miracoil Classic Mattress Kingsize from Mattress World.co.uk

If you run your hand across lightly over the mattress you can feel every round bit of spring in it!

So annoyed as my back gets sore easily

Can anyone guide me on a better mattress, which is better:

Pocket Sprung (do you still feel the springs in this- even from new?)
Orthopaedic
or Memory Foam (can be expensive and cold)

Definitely ruling out a normal spring mattress this time
Community Updates
28 Comments
Original Poster
Or forgot to say,

A good deal with Mattress and Bed for around 3-400 ?
I always thought memory foam was too hot? That's why we discounted it.

I looked at so many mattresses online it was ridiculous, can't even remember where we got it from. But it is pocket sprung with a small amount of topping. Feels good to me
Go to an actual shop and try some out then spend as much as you can possibly afford on the mattress.
Tell the missus she will have to go on the bottom until shes back down to a size 8! X)

On subject. I have a normal sprung mattress with a 4 inch memory foam top built in. Cant remember what make it was. One of the best things I ever bought.
We've got a memory foam topper & it gets bloody hot, even in the winter. Does a great job of covering a lumpy mattress though.
http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/coventry-and-warks/Sleep-Softly/8909412

Would this be any good?
Original Poster
Hmmm

Think that one would be ok pink ? Wonder what the normal value of it is and not what Groupon say it is
I bought tht deal on groupon and you have to order it thou the website and it £640 normal price!!
dga

But sex on the floor?

Or just a lot bouncier X)
Original Poster
memememartin

I bought tht deal on groupon and you have to order it thou the website … I bought tht deal on groupon and you have to order it thou the website and it £640 normal price!!

Have you received the mattress yet? is it any good

worth £640 do you think
Don't buy cheap mattress's, false economy, buy the very best that you can afford.
Edited by: "Inactive" 7th Aug 2012
sorry not received it yet! but £160 rather than £640 cant be that bad!
Original Poster
Just wondering if it's really worth that over inflated price though

hmmmm, that's a hell of a discount if it's a good mattress
yeah thts why i couldnt resist it plus its pocket sprung tht every1 keeps raving about.
I believe in miracoils

/thread
RosieWoo

I believe in miracoils/thread

Please leave.

NOW!!
Banned
sancho1983

I always thought memory foam was too hot? That's why we discounted it.I … I always thought memory foam was too hot? That's why we discounted it.I looked at so many mattresses online it was ridiculous, can't even remember where we got it from. But it is pocket sprung with a small amount of topping. Feels good to me

the original one was but the recent ones have some kind of material in them to keep them neutral.

memory foam or latex is the way to go, should last you pretty much a lifetime and theyre so bloody comfortable
Aaanyway, I have a silentnight mattress and it is **** luuuuuush and has lasted ages.

Have you contacted the place you bought the mattress from with an angry message? Surely a mattress is expected to last more than a measly year!

I bought the very same mattress from the same retailer approx 8 months ago, has exactly the same problem with feeling the springs, On making inquiries was told my fault for not turning it around on a regular basis. Like you I will never buy another silentnight mattress again.
Banned
Argoj

I bought the very same mattress from the same retailer approx 8 months … I bought the very same mattress from the same retailer approx 8 months ago, has exactly the same problem with feeling the springs, On making inquiries was told my fault for not turning it around on a regular basis. Like you I will never buy another silentnight mattress again.

did you learn to follow instructions after that experience?
Original Poster
This is the one we bought last year

Mattress
saxo_appeal

This is the one we bought last year Mattress

You know youre not meant to break the bed until AFTER you get married ?

Congratz btw Saxo

PS: id also try to argue the not fit for purpose angle with Silent Night
Edited by: "Nailez" 7th Aug 2012
Ask at your local 5* hotel how much they spend on mattress's, I bet that it is over £500.
Original Poster
Anyone think this Groupon deal is good?

I might go for that one if it gets good reviews
If its only a year old its not the mattress that is bad par-say, but the top lining is obviously shoddy.
why not try getting a topper? (save a shed load of money :P
Inactive

Don't buy cheap mattress's, false economy, buy the very best that you can … Don't buy cheap mattress's, false economy, buy the very best that you can afford.

Good advice.
Original Poster
Argoj

I bought the very same mattress from the same retailer approx 8 months … I bought the very same mattress from the same retailer approx 8 months ago, has exactly the same problem with feeling the springs, On making inquiries was told my fault for not turning it around on a regular basis. Like you I will never buy another silentnight mattress again.

This may help you, I contacted them regarding sale of goods act and got this reply

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email ,I have tried to contact you via the number we have on your original order but he number doesn't seem to connect through.

I have contacted the supplier Silent Night regarding your query and they have advised as to the following course of action:

* Please send us images 1) of the mattress off the base 2)of the base itself 3) of both items at a distance.

Please note these images would need to be sent to our damages department on dod@worldstores.co.uk and would need to be under 10MB and in a JPEG format.

We will then forward these onto the supplier and see how they advise we proceed.
--
Kind Regards
Sophie
Customer Services"
Original Poster
Oh dear god, I just can't make up my mind which mattress to buy

There are hundreds of Pocket Sprung

Which companies would be a good make? Obviously not Silentnight
Edited by: "saxo_appeal" 7th Aug 2012
Post a comment
@
    Text