Groups

ARGHHHH!!! What a horrible 40 minutes that was.

So im sat here minding my own business and I get a call from Intrum Justica this is how it went.

me: Hello

woman: Can I speak to mrs so and so

me: Who?

woman: Mrs so and so

me: Er no she doesnt live here has never lived here, this is a brand new number.

woman: what address am i calling?

me: youve called 101 blank street, what address do you have on file? I believe the woman you want lived at 110 blank street.

woman: thats what you just said.

me: Er I dont think so

woman: yes you did i have this on record

me: well i think you should replay it, go on replay right now

woman: no i will replay it later

me: Well i suggest you dont ring this number again or i will report you. The woman has never lived here, its a brand new phone number.

woman: do it

me: i want to speak to your manager

woman: my manager wont come to the phone

me: I WANT to speak to your manager

woman: this is a headset, my manager will not come to the phone

me: well eff then.

woman: no im not putting the phone down

me: well its alright ill just waste your phone bill then you stupid bleep.

So i just went into hurling total abuse at her, none stop for about 30 seconds, there was no way i was putting that phone down untill she'd gone. Ive never been one to back down and i certainly wasnt going to now.

So after 30 seconds of giving her verbal abuse i then shut up and

woman: well i can now report you for an abusing phone call

me: how the eff are you going to report me when you rang me you stupid BLEEP!

she then put the phone down lol

Ooooo i was shaking when i came off the phone, ive never spoke to anyone with such an attitude before, right from the start of the call. I swear to god if she'd of been stood in front of me, id of hit her. On thinking now i bet she gets told this all time, but what im telling her is actually the truth and she wasnt listening to me, and i know if you dont get it across the first time, theyll ring again and im sick of it. This is the second dodgy phone number in a row ive had from BT now and so after that phone call it was straight onto BT for my 3rd phone number. After waiting on hold for ages and them saying hello... i then get the dead tone..... they cut me off ARGHHH! So i ring back and get it sorted. Still wound up I then came on here to type this all out as I had to get it off my chest, pressed submit.... i wasnt logged in, pressed back and everything id wrote was gone ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! so had to type it out again PMSL!

What a cruddy 40 minutes that was. Im laughing now, but I wasnt at the time.

Rant over.

13 Comments

tinkerbell28;4668658

DCAS mainly employ pondlife. You should of just hung up and not handed … DCAS mainly employ pondlife. You should of just hung up and not handed over any of your details. They will try and pin debts on anyone they can even if they are not yours. Next time save yourself the bother, hand up and report them to the OFT.

yes - also worth emailing watchdog:thumbsup:

Cant believe you offered your address up:-D

michelleleemoo;4668668

Nor me, shocked tbh, no way would I have.

Someone rang me the other day and said, hello... i said hello... he went, oh, who am I speaking to?, I was like, erm, no, who are you? he wouldnt say who he was, just kept asking who he was speaking, i just hung up, no way was I offering him any info.

Haha! We've had nothing but weird phone calls since getting our phone reconnected a few months back, asking for the wrong people or stupid automated things saying we've won a holiday or have we got house insurance etc etc. Its getting very tedious!

ChipSticks;4668694

Nor me, shocked tbh, no way would I have.

I always find it funny when cold callers say they are in your area blah blah blah, so I say oh right so where do I live then ? they never answer

Oh and this just does my head in, someone rings you and asks you to confirm your details and when I ask them what are the details you want confirming they say they cant tell you, well how the hell can I confirm them then!

Original Poster

michelleleemoo;4668668

I did it because I dont want phone calls for people who dont live here. Ive only just changed my number to this one and it takes ages to tell everyone your new number, and it costs you a fortune in calls. Infact in gonna ask BT for compensation over this, as they must be reusing numbers far to quickly. Are there any rules to say how soon after someone cutting their line off that the number can be reused?

Its being changed in 7 to 10 days time anyway. God knows what fun and games ill get with the new one.

Go to the telephone preference line, its free and it means that if you still get COLD calls you can report them and they may get a big fine. The best bit is that you can say to the caller "do you know i'm on the telephone preference line?" They hang up pretty sharpish as they know what it means.!!!

wendyak;4669556

Go to the telephone preference line, its free and it means that if you … Go to the telephone preference line, its free and it means that if you still get COLD calls you can report them and they may get a big fine. The best bit is that you can say to the caller "do you know i'm on the telephone preference line?" They hang up pretty sharpish as they know what it means.!!!

You beat me to it!!,

Heres the link, it is funny when you say "im with the tps" you can almost hear them shudder and down goes the phone, cut the amount of calls my mum gets by 99.9%:thumbsup:

tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

should have shook ur fist at them!!

Does anyone else get calls from what sounds like mid Atlantic/Philippine accented folk who, somewhat perversely, don't seem to want to sell anything most of the time but have, on occasion, mocked the fact that we have children (!!!) and always call us by a name that isn't ours but is puzzlingly close.
    Swearing doesn't put them off.
    Hanging up doesn't work as we are unable to use our line again until the other lot clear.
    It's not just us is it?

We're with the TPS but I believe these calls originate from outside the UK (and probably by VOI too) so that's not going to stop them.

Go on the TPL it really works, no cost, no need to go ex directory or change your number.........they all know what it is even the foreign callers!!!

wendyak;4675168

Go on the TPL it really works, no cost, no need to go ex directory or … Go on the TPL it really works, no cost, no need to go ex directory or change your number.........they all know what it is even the foreign callers!!!

TPS is waste of time unless you report ppl i worked for Anglian home improvements and the telesales had a special pile of tps they phoned every few months insted of every 6 months like the other data was. people just say tps and they get ignored!:P
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Small, stylish writers notebook/netbook23
      2. Biscuit addiction1024
      3. Cheap 'smart phone' for child wanted.55
      4. Gaming Monitor44

See more discussions