Groups

ARGHHHHHH! I HATE CITY LINK!

They are beyond the worst Courier Company in the world! I've just missed their stupid Delivery for the 4th time now! I even left a notice on the door saying that my door bell does not work please can you drop call my mobile to let me know you are outside!, clearly displayed! i live in a sharedhousehoold here and i'm on the top floor so theres no way I can hear them from my room unless if I go wait downstairs in the porch for a complete day! Now I dont even know where their stupid delivery depo is which is based in the middle of no where GU1 1RU. i dont know what the hell i'm going to do now, Arghhh this has ruined my day!

19 Comments

Perhaps it would have been easier by now to have the doorbell fixed.

Ring the depot and make a fuss, get them to give the driver a ring and see if they'll call back round

Original Poster

deb8z;4731395

Perhaps it would have been easier by now to have the doorbell fixed.

really helpful answer :x
    teambintip;4731405

Ring the depot and make a fuss, get them to give the driver a ring and … Ring the depot and make a fuss, get them to give the driver a ring and see if they'll call back round

I did i spoke to them and said literally the driver has just left the card please could they swing back around i'm sure he's still in the area giving me the same rubbish they usually do.

I was being helpful,if that was me i would have bought a wireless doorbell by now if i was having so many problems with deliveries.

Was it you who posted about this before,it rings a bell(no pun intended)

Original Poster

deb8z;4731464

I was being helpful,if that was me i would have bought a wireless … I was being helpful,if that was me i would have bought a wireless doorbell by now if i was having so many problems with deliveries.Was it you who posted about this before,it rings a bell(no pun intended)

Thats fine no worries, No it's not my property I would have thought my landlord would have that sorted but obviously not. I'm going to have to investigate whats wrong with it. I'm just so fuming at the moment

lol FYI the depot is in guildford, surrey

To be honest I'm not surprised that the driver didn't ring your mobile as he's most likely on a very tight schedule and would have to go back to his van get his mobile go back to the door...ring the number wait for you to come to the door...if you answer.......he probably thinks sod it.

I used to live in a tower block with a buzzer system and missed a parcel - I got an email from Ebuyer telling me this. I contacted the depot and asked them what the deal was. I was told the driver tried the buzzer but noone answered, which was total cr.ap since I was in the entire day and was loud enough so you can actually hear your neighbors go off! I was then told maybe I have a hearing problem (????). I promptly sent an email of complaint to the head office (link on their website) explaining the situation and they contacted the depot and made him come out to redeliver that day. I was also told to let them know if it happened again (it was the last drop of the driver's day and probably thought it was easier to go home).

Sure enough, it happened at least twice again and both times I emailed head office and both times he had to come back out. It stopped after that.

The moral of the story- people are lazy and sometimes need a kick up the backside to do what's asked of them

you can buy plug in door bells for a couple of quid

Can't blame the driver 'cos your doorbell doesnt work! Maybe he dosn't get a works phone. Would you call a customer at your own cost?

I don't know if you can get them cheaper or not,but this wireless one is a fiver delivered on ebay,i reckon its worth it to avoid future hassles.:thumbsup:

Goonieman;4731896

Can't blame the driver 'cos your doorbell doesnt work! Maybe he dosn't … Can't blame the driver 'cos your doorbell doesnt work! Maybe he dosn't get a works phone. Would you call a customer at your own cost?

He meant for the driver to one bell him as in the OP(drop call) so no charge.

deb8z;4731919

He meant for the driver to one bell him as in the OP(drop call) so no … He meant for the driver to one bell him as in the OP(drop call) so no charge.

One bell him? thats a bit beyond his job description isnt it!! :w00t:

Original Poster

Sheep87;4731564

lol FYI the depot is in guildford, surrey

In an industrial estate in the middle of no where. I'd have to get a cab there which would cost me at least £15 and then spend half a day looking for the right warehouse. It's total ********. I'm a busy person and cant waste time looking for a stupid depo.
    Xb0xGuru;4731686

I used to live in a tower block with a buzzer system and missed a parcel … I used to live in a tower block with a buzzer system and missed a parcel - I got an email from Ebuyer telling me this. I contacted the depot and asked them what the deal was. I was told the driver tried the buzzer but noone answered, which was total cr.ap since I was in the entire day and was loud enough so you can actually hear your neighbors go off! I was then told maybe I have a hearing problem (????). I promptly sent an email of complaint to the head office (link on their website) explaining the situation and they contacted the depot and made him come out to redeliver that day. I was also told to let them know if it happened again (it was the last drop of the driver's day and probably thought it was easier to go home).Sure enough, it happened at least twice again and both times I emailed head office and both times he had to come back out. It stopped after that.The moral of the story- people are lazy and sometimes need a kick up the backside to do what's asked of them

Indeed, I've had City Link try to deliver to me in the past when I got my Free Laptop from the Carphone Warehouse they took over 20 Days to Deliver it to me. And when they finally did deliver it they didnt even knock on the door or ring the bell at my old address I simply caught the mans figuire through the door and opened it as he was writing an attempted delivery card!

dmissy13;4731876

you can buy plug in door bells for a couple of quid

Ah okay what are those? Never heard of them? Can I get them from a DIY Shop or something? Hows it work?

Original Poster

Goonieman;4731896

Can't blame the driver 'cos your doorbell doesnt work! Maybe he dosn't … Can't blame the driver 'cos your doorbell doesnt work! Maybe he dosn't get a works phone. Would you call a customer at your own cost?

Cant blame him for knocking on the door either? I went downstairs just a few minutes before the delivery came opened the door so the porche would be more louder if he knocked. went upstairs left my door open to hear him knock and not a peep! He simply tried use the bell where I highlighted it did not work on the letter. Simply asked him to drop call me not charging him. FYI every Van driver carries a Mobile with him to report back to the depo. I even asked City Link to please drop call me when he's outside and they said they would tell their driver that. I informed them about the door aswell.
    deb8z;4731908

I don't know if you can get them cheaper or not,but this wireless one is … I don't know if you can get them cheaper or not,but this wireless one is a fiver delivered on ebay,i reckon its worth it to avoid future hassles.:thumbsup:320351557742

Indeed will look into it this week, Thanks :thumbsup:
    deb8z;4731919

He meant for the driver to one bell him as in the OP(drop call) so no … He meant for the driver to one bell him as in the OP(drop call) so no charge.

Original Poster

Goonieman;4731956

One bell him? thats a bit beyond his job description isnt it!! :w00t:

read my last post/

Marky264;4731965

Ah okay what are those? Never heard of them? Can I get them from a DIY … Ah okay what are those? Never heard of them? Can I get them from a DIY Shop or something? Hows it work?

like this you can get a lot cheaper stick the button to the door and plug in the ringer in your room

amazon.co.uk/Doo…8-1

We have a wireless door bell - one part sticks to the door frame - no need to drill holes, the other part you can carry about with you in the garden or room to room (small fits on pocket) it was from Wilkos link below is the one we have £4.99, had it over 2 years , it uses 2 AA batteries which weve only had to replace twice so far

]http//ww…520

Marky264;4732021

read my last post/

I did, the comment was meant as a double entendre as i have never heard of "one belling" and it sounded a bit rude!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How to unblock a vacuum hose which is completely jammed with dust and fluff…56
      2. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1429
      3. Nightmare with BT over Broadband1011
      4. Best £500 student laptop choice?22

See more discussions