Argos

Found 29th Aug 2017
Hi did anyone here win the Argos 500£ voucher.. I got an email saying myself and 4 others have won? But I don't believe it??!
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
16 Comments
Does it start with "Dear Customer"?
Have you entered a competition?
Is it asking for any details?
That sort of mail usually goes straight to spam, click on the (from) Argos bit when you open the mail it'll some some weird email address
Original Poster
No I didn't say dear customer, asked to confirm email. Iv applied for so many comps now I can't remember which ones.

the email is something like Argos.www.68743eu
Helen.Louise13 m ago

No I didn't say dear customer, asked to confirm email. Iv applied for so …No I didn't say dear customer, asked to confirm email. Iv applied for so many comps now I can't remember which ones.the email is something like Argos.www.68743eu

I'm 99.9% sure you haven't won a voucher unfortunately
Original Poster
Okay! Thanks for letting me know! Won't get excited about it then lol
Original Poster
paddymcn9 m ago

Is it dated from …Is it dated from 2016...https://www.thinkmoney.co.uk/news-advice/recent-phishing-emails-to-be-aware-of-0-5964-0.htm

No it's dated yesterday, sent yesterday, no other dates in the email
Why would they ask you to confirm your email address by sending you an email?
Original Poster
I don't know???
Apologies Helen, what I really meant is that it appears to me to be a scam that has been doing the rounds for some time. My guess is if you confirm your email then it'll be followed up by another and another...

My advice would be to delete it and forget about it...
lol i hope this thread is a joke
Original Poster
adamspencer9521 h, 11 m ago

lol i hope this thread is a joke

Whys that? Obviously by ur reaction, it makes me think I should have known it was a fake?!
Send me your bank account number and security code and I can send you a £500 Argos code right away!

/Sorry
Helen.Louise29th Aug

No I didn't say dear customer, asked to confirm email. Iv applied for so …No I didn't say dear customer, asked to confirm email. Iv applied for so many comps now I can't remember which ones.the email is something like Argos.www.68743eu

SPAM
cdm2229th Aug

Why would they ask you to confirm your email address by sending you an …Why would they ask you to confirm your email address by sending you an email?

Many, many, many places ask you to confirm your email by sendng you an iemail, including banksl!
Edited by: "artnada" 1st Sep 2017
You could just contact them via a social network of your choice and they would tell you straight away if it's real or not.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions