Found 28th Dec 2008
Hi, i bought a new router on the 23rd of december 2008 from argos, but got a better one as an xmas prezzie. I bought it on my debit card and still have the receipt. Obviously i opened it up and wired it up before xmas, but still have all the wires and books and cd's and original box. If i box it back up and return it to argos with the receipt, saying that "I bought it for myself before xmas but received a better one for xmas" do they have to refund the full £60 or what....?
help or suggestions would be appreciated.
thanks

14 Comments

Exempt from 30 day warranty

provided it wasnt excluded from 30 day returns you can take it back..

i got someting from them too it out tried it and it didnt work so they refunded my money.

Just say that it didnt function as you would have hoped

Say it's faulty - they NEVER check!! You'll get your money no problem

Original Poster

maybe that it was a broadband router whereas i wanted cable??
how do i find out if it's exempt from 30 day warranty/returns?

They don't have to refund you as the router is working fine, in their wording:

If I change my mind...Within 30 days[LIST][*]Most things we sell are … If I change my mind...Within 30 days[LIST][*]Most things we sell are covered by our 30-day money-back guarantee, so just return them to us unused, in their original undamaged packaging, in a saleable condition, with your receipt and we’ll give you a refund.[*]If you don't have your receipt, as long as you have a proof of purchase* we'll exchange the item or give you a refund with vouchers.

[/LIST]It's probably going to come down to whether the store think it's in a suitable enough condition for resale or not.

John

It says near the top of the reciept.

pompeycurry;3880225

maybe that it was a broadband router whereas i wanted cable?? :)how do i … maybe that it was a broadband router whereas i wanted cable?? :)how do i find out if it's exempt from 30 day warranty/returns?

It has a cross beside the item name, for example:

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

John

I can't see anything on the website to suggest that it is exempt from the money back guarantee that Argos offer. It is usually software which is to prevent copying - but seeing as a router only has drivers which could be downloaded from the net anyway there is no value in the software which came with your router.

If they do not go for this then you could always suggest that it is not fit for purpose, i.e. there is a compatability issue. I know I had to change my Belkin router as it wouldn't work with the Nintendo Wii I had, in this case they let you take it back as in their eyes it is of no use to you.

Good luck and let us know how you get on with it.

ChocolateStel;3880223

Say it's faulty - they NEVER check!! You'll get your money no problem

2nd that all they will do is half open the box then look at your receipt and give you a refund

Original Poster

thanks for all the quick replies, think i might just say its faulty or not compatiable... ;-)

Faulty is the way forward to get around the exemption.

I don't think that routers are exempt - do a search for it on the argos website, if it doesn't say it is on the page for the item (in the item description) then you do have the option to just return it under the 30-day money back guarantee, and there is no problem in doing so

Heres a tip !! Ring up ARGOS head office on 0870 600 8784 (I think !) and tell them you have purchased an item thats unsuitable for you or was purchased in error. They need all the customers they can get and to "gladly give you your money back" is no skin off their noses!! (Ive tried this with something thats exempt from 30 day money back guarantee years ago and it worked !) This doesnt usually work if you go straight into an argos store though!;-)

garlicbreadxxx;3880922

Heres a tip !! Ring up ARGOS head office on 0870 600 8784 (I think !) … Heres a tip !! Ring up ARGOS head office on 0870 600 8784 (I think !) and tell them you have purchased an item thats unsuitable for you or was purchased in error. They need all the customers they can get and to "gladly give you your money back" is no skin off their noses!! (Ive tried this with something thats exempt from 30 day money back guarantee years ago and it worked !) This doesnt usually work if you go straight into an argos store though!;-)

cheers
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whey protien636
    2. CEX grading33
    3. Switch from BT to BT same property different person633
    4. What are the prices of supermarket counter pizzas?44

See more discussions