Argos 3 for 2 on toys returning problems

Found 5th Jan 2013
Has anyone brought any toys from argos when they were last on 3 for 2 and tried to take anything back after Christmas .

I tried to return or exchange the free item because I had 2 and they won't let me because its the free item.

Has anyone else had a problem like this or can they give me some advice

Thanks
Community Updates
MiscMovie & SeriesToys
29 Comments
I can see why they'd not refund it, but they should offer an exchange with something also in the offer of equal or lesser value.

Did you speak to a manager at all?
Edited by: "miikeyblue" 5th Jan 2013
There fobbing you off I reckon, you should be able to exchange for same value or less item, you won't be able to get cash back for it
miikeyblue

I can see why they'd not refund it, but they should offer an exchange … I can see why they'd not refund it, but they should offer an exchange with something also in the offer of equal or lesser value.Did you speak to a manager at all?

2nd that
They won't refund give me a gift card or anything. You would of thought they would have some sort of policy for the offers they do. I asked them if they could divide the money I payed between 3 and they said no. I don't no what else I can do. I phoned argos customer services and they said they can't do nothing about it.

miikeyblue

I can see why they'd not refund it, but they should offer an exchange … I can see why they'd not refund it, but they should offer an exchange with something also in the offer of equal or lesser value.Did you speak to a manager at all?

Yes I spoke to the manager and I went to 2 different stores

I'm going to think twice in the future when they have 3 for 2 on there toys
Mason2010x

Yes I spoke to the manager and I went to 2 different stores I'm going to … Yes I spoke to the manager and I went to 2 different stores I'm going to think twice in the future when they have 3 for 2 on there toys

Would selling it be an option for you?
what does it say on receipt? used to be a thing about multibuys iirc? cant see anything online though
fattyuk

Would selling it be an option for you?

Yeah I would sell it but it has a big box and it will cost a bit for delivery. And it's just gone Christmas people might not have the money now. It's the cars 2 shake and go race track if your wondering what it is.

brilly

what does it say on receipt? used to be a thing about multibuys iirc? … what does it say on receipt? used to be a thing about multibuys iirc? cant see anything online though

Yeah it says on the receipt that it is the free item.
Looks good op.
I'm sure if you sold it you would make your money on it

I'm going to try another argos tomorrow if not I will put it on eBay and see how it goes

chasmi49

Looks good op.I'm sure if you sold it you would make your money on it

Because a great nan of his that I don't speak to got him one and I did.

Jumpingphil

How come you ended up with 2?

Generally it says in the 3 for 2 that if an item needs to be returned all items need to be returned, a bit like when it's a BOGOF, either that or they might be able to give you a replacement, although as item is not faulty they aren't legally obliged to, but many do as a goodwill gesture. Although technically as you are returning a free item it's a bit akward. Could they not do a workaround on the receipt as sometimes there's a glitch and it's not always the cheapest one free for some reason. I suggest you contact customer services and also try to find out the policy on returning items as part of 3 for 2.

See link below for someone who has similar problem
forums.digitalspy.co.uk/sho…153
Mason2010x

Yeah I would sell it but it has a big box and it will cost a bit for … Yeah I would sell it but it has a big box and it will cost a bit for delivery. And it's just gone Christmas people might not have the money now. It's the cars 2 shake and go race track if your wondering what it is.

sometimes it's cheaper to use a courier rather tha nroyal maul for posting large/heavy/bulky items, ie hermes, HDNI but you need to wrap it well as theres another whole forum here on courier disaters lol
this is what i did took my toy back with no receipt guess what they checked the system and gave me the lowest price the item had been sold at in a sale on a gift card tbh i got loads of toys in the 3 for 2 sale and i never knew if this was one of the free ones or not but it was broken when we got it out the box so it had to go back..
You have to return all 3 of the items dumb*ss but then again you use the word "of" instead of "have" in sentences.
If the item has the Argos code on the box can't you just return it without the receipt and exchange it at it's current selling price? It's just a thought because I had a gift bought for me which I didn't want and it had the Argos code on the box so they said I could exchange it for something of the same value or have the amount refunded onto a gift card. I didn't have the receipt.
Jumpingphil

For £35.00 can't you find someone who does talk to her and ask them to … For £35.00 can't you find someone who does talk to her and ask them to ask her for her receipt?

I have the receipt
lushciousemma

If the item has the Argos code on the box can't you just return it … If the item has the Argos code on the box can't you just return it without the receipt and exchange it at it's current selling price? It's just a thought because I had a gift bought for me which I didn't want and it had the Argos code on the box so they said I could exchange it for something of the same value or have the amount refunded onto a gift card. I didn't have the receipt.

I tried to return it without using the receipt but I very stupidly took the argos code off and they said they have no proof that I brought it from argos
Mason2010x

I have the receipt

the receipt with just the one item on, from the auntie you dont speak to
If it's not faulty or damaged the shop is well within their right to do nothing.
take it back with a bank statment stating argos on it they will exchange it no prob ..... i did this a couple days ago to get round the same problem

splat777

take it back with a bank statment stating argos on it they will exchange … take it back with a bank statment stating argos on it they will exchange it no prob ..... i did this a couple days ago to get round the same problem

I can't my mum payed for them on her card and binned the bank statements grrr
I have two identical items yes but one is set up with the box in the bin and the other is boxed with no argos label.
Jumpingphil

So you have two identical items, one you ripped the argos label off and … So you have two identical items, one you ripped the argos label off and the other one that you have a receipt for but presumably still has the Argos label on it. Can't imagine why you would rip off the label on this one. So where is the problem?

Mason2010x

I can't my mum payed for them on her card and binned the bank statements … I can't my mum payed for them on her card and binned the bank statements grrr

you can print a bank statement, or go bank and ask for another, to be honest just flog it
No I set mine up for my son for Christmas Day. Then we got one from his nan n we had one and I got bored and pulled off the argos code off. And because I was busy over Christmas I didn't try return it till now and having a real drama
Hi I bought lego set for 29.99 and my grandson already has this lego. Can I exchange for another lego of same value .I bought on the 3 for 2 offer .
hugofelix02

Hi I bought lego set for 29.99 and my grandson already has this lego. Can … Hi I bought lego set for 29.99 and my grandson already has this lego. Can I exchange for another lego of same value .I bought on the 3 for 2 offer .

Should be able to, if they come awkward over it, just return all 3 toys, the 3 for 2 is still on today I think.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants