Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Argos

Posted 2nd Jul
Just after abit of advice if possible,

I've recently bought a 'Brand new' TV from argos which seemed all fine when we got it although i did notice the sellotape on the box looked abit off but thought nothing of it at the time.

So we've set the TV up with our accounts and we come to sign into netflix and someome else's account is still logged in so it's clearly second hand.

Surely they can't sell us a clearly second hand TV at the price of a brand new one can they?

I wonder how many other items they're doing this with seeing as we wouldn't of known if the person who's still signed in had logged out properly

Thanks
Community Updates
Top comments
What advice do you need? How to search for content on Netflix?
Most retailers do it to some degree. If the prior purchaser perhaps told them they'd changed their mind, then if the item looked brand new to staff, they would simply add back into stock.

It isn't right and they should sell as open box stock with a small reduction in price. Richer Sounds do this and further highlights why they are so highly regarded (and that's ignoring the fact they give 6 years warranty not the 1 year from Argos).

Personally I'd get a refund and go to Richer Sounds. Otherwise politely demand a 20% refund from Argos.
11 Comments
What advice do you need? How to search for content on Netflix?
Most retailers do it to some degree. If the prior purchaser perhaps told them they'd changed their mind, then if the item looked brand new to staff, they would simply add back into stock.

It isn't right and they should sell as open box stock with a small reduction in price. Richer Sounds do this and further highlights why they are so highly regarded (and that's ignoring the fact they give 6 years warranty not the 1 year from Argos).

Personally I'd get a refund and go to Richer Sounds. Otherwise politely demand a 20% refund from Argos.
AC-ZEP-GEN-DC02/07/2020 21:47

Most retailers do it to some degree. If the prior purchaser perhaps told …Most retailers do it to some degree. If the prior purchaser perhaps told them they'd changed their mind, then if the item looked brand new to staff, they would simply add back into stock.It isn't right and they should sell as open box stock with a small reduction in price. Richer Sounds do this and further highlights why they are so highly regarded (and that's ignoring the fact they give 6 years warranty not the 1 year from Argos).Personally I'd get a refund and go to Richer Sounds. Otherwise politely demand a 20% refund from Argos.

Might have to do that, i'll see what argos have to say tomorrow
Can you see in the settings how much time it's been on?
Edited by: "DaveG46" 2nd Jul
DaveG4602/07/2020 21:53

Can you see in the settings how much time it's been on?

Just had a look for it but I can't seem to find it anywhere
Does 'some elses account is still logged in' constitute a data breach I wonder?
Free Netflix.
Take it back. Someone else might have discovered a fault with the set that is not yet obvious to you.
It is also not new. You paid for new but have got secondhand. That is an uncomfortable feeling as you paid for something that you have not got. It will irk you in the months and years to come.

You are well within your rights legally to get your money back.

I would take some photos of the netflix login screen, some general photos of the TV to show it as is, box it up taking more photos as I did so and go get my money back.

Be polite, point out the issue and simply say that you would like your money back.
AC-ZEP-GEN-DC02/07/2020 21:47

Most retailers do it to some degree. If the prior purchaser perhaps told …Most retailers do it to some degree. If the prior purchaser perhaps told them they'd changed their mind, then if the item looked brand new to staff, they would simply add back into stock.It isn't right and they should sell as open box stock with a small reduction in price. Richer Sounds do this and further highlights why they are so highly regarded (and that's ignoring the fact they give 6 years warranty not the 1 year from Argos).Personally I'd get a refund and go to Richer Sounds. Otherwise politely demand a 20% refund from Argos.

Don't know about you that. Bought a new TV from them - RS. Never changed the PIN but come the time I try to play back a two part recording ( interrupted by the news ) it asks for a PIN to playback the second part of the film and the default PIN is not accepted.
Edited by: "Meathotukdeals" 3rd Jul
Anyway any retailer that doesn't sell returns as open box etc will be selling returns as new. Where do people think their plentiful returns go? Said it for years.
Post a comment
@
    Text