Argos 7", 8", & 10" Alba 8GB Tablet Power Adapter recall

Found 18th Mar 2016
Following on from Amazon's own recall for potentially faulty power adapters on the 7" Fire tablets, Argos have now issued a recall for potentially faulty power adapters sold with 7", 8", & 10" Alba 8GB Tablets.

There's a risk of electric shock due to the possibility that the three-pin attachment on the supplied charger may detach during use, exposing live parts.

The recall isn't currently listed on the Argos website but it is mentioned under the FAQ section of the support page for the affected Alba tablets.

Applies to 3 models of the Alba 8GB tablet sold by Argos listed in the first post.
Community Updates
MiscAlba
10 Comments
Alba 7 Inch 8GB tablet sold from July 2015 to March 2016 (Cat Number 447/8975) argos-support.co.uk/gui…975

Alba 8 Inch 8GB tablet sold from Oct 2015 to March 2016 (Cat Number 439/0967) argos-support.co.uk/gui…967

Alba 10 Inch 8GB tablets sold from Oct 2015 to March 2016 (Cat Number 297/7533) argos-support.co.uk/gui…753

To order a replacement 3-pin attachment, click the relevant technical support link above and select Request Spare Parts from the right hand side of the page and complete an order form. No payment will be taken and a replacement will be issued free of charge with no proof of purchase required. Items will be shipped within 2-3 working days.

http://www.gadgethelpline.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/argospares.jpg

Argos should contact anyone with an affected model directly. However, if you believe you have an affected 8GB tablet stop using the supplied 3-pin charger immediately, turn off the switch at the plug and remove from the plug socket.

It is safe to continue using the supplied USB cable to charge the tablet from another source.

electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk/pro…os/
mirror.co.uk/new…153
tech01.us/new…-17
Does it not mention the Alba mobile phones? Having problems with the charger on one purchased in March
ILIKEBARGAINSME

Does it not mention the Alba mobile phones? Having problems with the … Does it not mention the Alba mobile phones? Having problems with the charger on one purchased in March

Only the 8GB Alba tablets to my knowledge.
hmmmm, you don't need to enter any details of the tablet you are apparently in possession of, free usb plugs for everyone? X)
My son had a electric shock and drop his tablet and smashed the screen will they replace the tablet
Rebeccabright

My son had a electric shock and drop his tablet and smashed the screen … My son had a electric shock and drop his tablet and smashed the screen will they replace the tablet

We had the same problem, I didn't understand y my little one had dropped his like he did. He explained something hurt him but thought he'd been messing about. Ours was only 7days old. We've had it 2wks 2day
eset12345

hmmmm, you don't need to enter any details of the tablet you are … hmmmm, you don't need to enter any details of the tablet you are apparently in possession of, free usb plugs for everyone? X)

The replacement is only for the 3-pin part that plugs into the mains socket not the whole charger as per the Argos instruction sheet.Looks like there are a couple of screws added.So you don't get a complete charger.
My 7inch tablet just exploded will be going to argos and demanding hundreds of pounds compo could have burned me and my kids to death in our beds
It was alba
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants