ARGOS 7 day delivery is NOT when goods have to come from Suppliers

Found 30th Dec 2015
I ordered an Indesit Oven From Argos knowing that they deliver on a Saturday, only to discover that because the oven is coming direct from the supplier, the supplier does NOT deliver on a Saturday, so Argos is mis-advertising on their website. Argos cannot fulfil their promise of 7 day delivery. I have now had to cancel my order and have to wait 5 days for the money to get back into my account.
Community Updates
Misc
13 Comments
should have gone to AO they deliver next day
deleted1416210
I don't think they have ever delivered anything large within the 7 days for me. I live slightly remote but other companies manage fine. I normally get contacted 3 or 4 days after placing my order, and I'm told it will be passed to the courier within the following week or so, and they say the courier will contact us 3-5 days after they receive it to arrange a delivery date with us. It's normally 2-3 weeks.
Ive waited over 6 weeks for a sofa before. When you contact Argos to see why it is taking so long they say its out of their hands once its with the courier, and they don't pass on the couriers details so you can be left in complete limbo.
For electrical items I have found Co-operative Electrical to be very good for delivery dates
Argos are a joke for any large item Asked them if they'd deliver to my sons third floor flat BEFORE ordering. The guys dropped it in the road and drove off (in the rain).
First world problems oO
myjess

I ordered an Indesit Oven From Argos knowing that they deliver on a … I ordered an Indesit Oven From Argos knowing that they deliver on a Saturday, only to discover that because the oven is coming direct from the supplier, the supplier does NOT deliver on a Saturday, so Argos is mis-advertising on their website.

[ argos.co.uk/sta…htm?tag=ar:fasttrack:brandbar:delivery ]
---
THE BIG STUFF

7 days a week with a choice of convenient timeslots, for only £8.95

Pick from one of the following timeslots:
– 7am-12pm
– 10am-2pm
– 12pm-6pm
– 6pm-9pm

We'll text you the evening before your delivery with a 2 hour time slot so you don't have to wait in, and your driver will call when they are an hour away.

Where possible we'll deliver your item to the room of your choice, and we'll use over shoes so your carpet won't get muddy!

With large kitchen appliances like washing machines we'll also remove the packaging.

Terms and conditions

Some items including those where installation is available are delivered direct from our trusted suppliers. In these cases delivery options may vary.

Our Next Day & standard delivery services are subject to availability. Unfortunately we cannot offer this service to remote areas of the UK (Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands and Islands).

Next Day Delivery available on selected Home Delivery Only items. Subject to availablity.

See our Home Delivery page for more details.
---

[ argos.co.uk/sta…htm ]

--- "Home Delivery page" ---

Large items - delivered by 2 people - £8.95

Please note that all bigger items require a signature as proof of delivery...

...*Unfortunately we cannot offer this service to remote areas of the UK (Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands and Islands).

Some items are delivered directly from our trusted suppliers. In these cases delivery options may vary.
---
fanpages

[ … [ http://www.argos.co.uk/static/ArgosPromo3/includeName/delivery.htm?tag=ar:fasttrack:brandbar:delivery ]---THE BIG STUFF7 days a week with a choice of convenient timeslots, for only £8.95Pick from one of the following timeslots:– 7am-12pm– 10am-2pm– 12pm-6pm– 6pm-9pmWe'll text you the evening before your delivery with a 2 hour time slot so you don't have to wait in, and your driver will call when they are an hour away.Where possible we'll deliver your item to the room of your choice, and we'll use over shoes so your carpet won't get muddy!With large kitchen appliances like washing machines we'll also remove the packaging.Terms and conditionsSome items including those where installation is available are delivered direct from our trusted suppliers. In these cases delivery options may vary.Our Next Day & standard delivery services are subject to availability. Unfortunately we cannot offer this service to remote areas of the UK (Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands and Islands).Next Day Delivery available on selected Home Delivery Only items. Subject to availablity.See our Home Delivery page for more details.---[ http://www.argos.co.uk/static/StaticDisplay/includeName/OrderingForHomeDelivery.htm ]--- "Home Delivery page" ---Large items - delivered by 2 people - £8.95Please note that all bigger items require a signature as proof of delivery......*Unfortunately we cannot offer this service to remote areas of the UK (Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands and Islands).Some items are delivered directly from our trusted suppliers. In these cases delivery options may vary.---

Yet another op who doesn't bother reading the terms before having a good moan and then looking rather silly lol
deleted1416210
I think some of the people are missing the point, you don't know when you place an order that it is coming from one of 'their suppliers'. You place an order expecting it within 7 days and THEN a few days later you find out is coming from a supplier. That is my experience anyway.
PrincessJellybean

I think some of the people are missing the point, you don't know when you … I think some of the people are missing the point, you don't know when you place an order that it is coming from one of 'their suppliers'. You place an order expecting it within 7 days and THEN a few days later you find out is coming from a supplier. That is my experience anyway.

Yes... some people could always read the Terms & Conditions in advance, & seek clarification prior to placing an order.
deleted1416210
fanpages

Yes... some people could always read the Terms & Conditions in advance, & … Yes... some people could always read the Terms & Conditions in advance, & seek clarification prior to placing an order.

Clarification? Easier than it sounds. Once it gets passed onto a courier it can take any amount of time and Argos cannot tell you the details and they don't give you the couriers contact number so you are just left in limbo waiting. Argos changed the 'estimated' possible delivery date for my sofa 5 times! They kept saying, give it till Tuesday, then give it till Friday, then the same the following week.
I would be better if they provided better details on the ordering page. Even the Terms and Conditions are vague as too delivery times. I also do wonder how many of there larger items do come from suppliers. (incidentally its a lot easier sending things back.....lol). Either way, like the message earlier said.... first world problems. We should consider ourselves lucky i think.
PrincessJellybean

I think some of the people are missing the point, you don't know when … I think some of the people are missing the point, you don't know when you place an order that it is coming from one of 'their suppliers'. You place an order expecting it within 7 days and THEN a few days later you find out is coming from a supplier. That is my experience anyway.

fanpages

Yes... some people could always read the Terms & Conditions in advance, & … Yes... some people could always read the Terms & Conditions in advance, & seek clarification prior to placing an order.

PrincessJellybean

Clarification? Easier than it sounds. Once it gets passed onto a courier … Clarification? Easier than it sounds. Once it gets passed onto a courier it can take any amount of time and Argos cannot tell you the details and ...

Try reading my reply again.
deleted1416210
PrincessJellybean

I think some of the people are missing the point, you don't know when … I think some of the people are missing the point, you don't know when you place an order that it is coming from one of 'their suppliers'. You place an order expecting it within 7 days and THEN a few days later you find out is coming from a supplier. That is my experience anyway.

fanpages

Yes... some people could always read the Terms & Conditions in advance, … Yes... some people could always read the Terms & Conditions in advance, & seek clarification prior to placing an order.

PrincessJellybean

Clarification? Easier than it sounds. Once it gets passed onto a courier … Clarification? Easier than it sounds. Once it gets passed onto a courier it can take any amount of time and Argos cannot tell you the details and ...

You are right.... everyone else is wrong.... your the best....Let it go, and Have a Happy New year!
PrincessJellybean

... everyone else is wrong...

I was only responding to your statement that some people are missing the point.

My point, for what it was worth, was that if you are unsure you can always ask in advance of ordering.

Do not place an order based on presumptions.

Terms & Conditions for a transaction, or for the use of a web site to make a transaction, are there to help both sides of the agreement in the event of a dispute, as well as being available for guidance prior to the transaction being confirmed.
fanpages

I was only responding to your statement that some people are missing the … I was only responding to your statement that some people are missing the point.My point, for what it was worth, was that if you are unsure you can always ask in advance of ordering.Do not place an order based on presumptions.Terms & Conditions for a transaction, or for the use of a web site to make a transaction, are there to help both sides of the agreement in the event of a dispute, as well as being available for guidance prior to the transaction being confirmed.

Might not be what some may want to hear, but so true. I have taken business elsewhere when a supplier is unable to claify some detail or comes across as being just a little too vague or casual, even if elesewhere is less competitive. Not worth the hassle otherwise, as myjess has discovered.
Hope myjess finds a suitable supplier - there are some out there who will go the extra mile (or even floor) when asked beforehand.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants