Argos and their delivery charges

Found 25th Feb 2016
Can anyone answer this question.

I purchased a product from argos online, and had it delivered using their delivery service at £ 3.95. However, i had to return the item as it was the incorrect product (my fault). I took it back to my local store, and was told that i am entitled to a refund of product, but not the delivery.

I am under the impression that under distance selling, if a product is purchased online (for delivery) and is being returned (as unwanted) the buyer is entitled to a refund of product, plus original delivery charge, but not the cost of returning it?
Is argos wrong here or am i?
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Banned
No? Unless they sent a damaged one or wrong one. As its your returning you bare all the cots..
kamran007 is right. you chose the item and they delivered using their own resources. If you later decide to change your mind then you bare the costs of returning it (if not included) and the initial cost of delivery is non-refundable. The distance selling act refers to 'change of mind'. it does not cover delivery costs associated with that item.
From Which?, on the new Consumer Contracts Regulations (which replaced the distance selling regulations):
Refunding the cost of delivery

The trader has to refund the basic delivery cost of getting the goods to you in the first place, so if you opted for enhanced service eg guaranteed next day, it only has to refund the basic cost.
which.co.uk/con…ons

The seller has to cover the original delivery cost even if it is a return for you just changing your mind.

However, if you paid for an express delivery service which is above the cost of statuary delivery then you will be only refunded for the cost up to statuary/standard delivery, you will have to take the hit on the extra delivery cost.

So to explain things, yes you should get your initial delivery cost refunded as £3.95 looks like a standard delivery to me.,

EDIT:

^^AS POST ABOVE^^ they beat me to it and are 100% correct.

Edited by: "NEtech" 26th Feb 2016
Sometimes you have to return it by the original method to get delivery charges refunded so returning to a store may void this. Best returning by post by same or similar service to ensure refund of original postage.
NickyOhMG

Sometimes you have to return it by the original method to get delivery … Sometimes you have to return it by the original method to get delivery charges refunded so returning to a store may void this. Best returning by post by same or similar service to ensure refund of original postage.

What are you on about?
Banned
steveblackman

What are you on about?

Lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions