Argos are so annoying

I decided that i would go for the NDS Lite bundle with the light blue console, free game and free essential kit for what should work out at £109.96 as i have a free delivery code. This should then get me a £10 gift voucher and a possible 1.5% cashback
BUT
Because the internet site is having problems it wont deduct the free essential kit off the total so they told me to call the centre and they would ammend the price. Which they did but they wont give me the free delivery as it is an online code only. arrrgghhhh
Sounds petty but it defeats the obeject if i cant egt the price down to what it should be so i havent ordered yet.
Do you think if i did the online order that they would amend it instore afterwards?

21 Comments

tell them to fix the site or you take your money elsewhere and the rest of your family will boycott them for Xmas

I will see what adding those things to my basket is like.

just keep trying i suppose

can you give a link cant seem to find light blue one lol

Banned

you have no chance with their customer services. i couldnt get the free delivery code to work so i emailed them they told me it was too short to be a discount code and asked where i got it?

i had received it in an email from themselves, they dont have a clue!

Have a look ]here £104.99 less £3 voucher + Quidco. :-D

Original Poster

Thanks cuzzy thats not far off argos, i may just email them to tell them they lost the order

Original Poster

dontasciime;3494397

can you give a link cant seem to find light blue one lol

How are you getting on with them products??

Nintendo DS Lite Turquoise with Cooking Guide.
566/8179 1 20th November 2008, 12.00pm - 6.00pm £109.96
Subtotal: £109.96
Standard delivery: £0.00
Saturday delivery: £0.00
Total (including delivery): £109.96

wait for the adding of essential 2 secs

miffy121;3494453

Thanks cuzzy thats not far off argos, i may just email them to tell them … Thanks cuzzy thats not far off argos, i may just email them to tell them they lost the order

I would ring them back, explain if they won`t deliver free then you will go elsewhere!

cuzzy;3494466

I would ring them back, explain if they won`t deliver free then you will … I would ring them back, explain if they won`t deliver free then you will go elsewhere!

yep make sure you get the name of the operator who refuses your code? and tell em that you need it for your complaint email:thumbsup:

Original Poster

dontasciime;3494462

Nintendo DS Lite Turquoise with Cooking Guide. 566/8179 1 20th November … Nintendo DS Lite Turquoise with Cooking Guide. 566/8179 1 20th November 2008, 12.00pm - 6.00pm £109.96 Subtotal: £109.96 Standard delivery: £0.00 Saturday delivery: £0.00 Total (including delivery): £109.96wait for the adding of essential 2 secs

But if you add the essential pack it should be free and it wont deduct that £19.99

yeah it tries to charge me £129.95 I emailed customer service to tell them to fix it and that I did not want to buy over the telephone.

Maybe try later or tomorrow .

just buy it from store if you can get there if it does not get fixed before 10 gift voucher offer runs out

Original Poster

I was supposed to be going today to get the two and ask them instore to amend but family are ill at home and so i cant go out. I have emailed them but they wont respond quick enough so i may ring them later

*yes they are

Original Poster

:?Unbelievable, I rang them again to explain and because i havent got the "over the phone" code they wont give me free delivery. So i said basically i cant get the good deal on the internet because your prices are wrong and i cant get the deal over the phone because i dont have the right code. The answer i got was sorry you will have to take it up with customer services. Now not a great suprise but i cant get through to them so am sat on the phone for ages at MY COST:x:x

I dont know how many times i have now tried to get through to them but i cant and i am getting really hacked off

a waste of time ringing customer services - i ordered a corner suite, extra large sofa, large sofa and 2 footstools - they were supposed to deliver within 28 days. I rang then on the 28th day and was told sorry havent got the stock but will ring me in 28 days to let me know when they will be able to deliver - i chase up the order only to be told - we have part of it in but not expecting the other bits until after 26th november and then you still may not get it because the colours may not match due to the batches - i asked if they could guarantee delivery before christmas cos i only ordered in september because it stated delivery WITHIN 28 days - they said NO i then spoke to just about everyone within the customer services to no avail - so i said forget it and cancel my order im going elsewhere - their loss someone else is now getting my money/order - their customer service is a complete waste of space

Original Poster

sn0ttyang3l;3501100

a waste of time ringing customer services - i ordered a corner suite, … a waste of time ringing customer services - i ordered a corner suite, extra large sofa, large sofa and 2 footstools - they were supposed to deliver within 28 days. I rang then on the 28th day and was told sorry havent got the stock but will ring me in 28 days to let me know when they will be able to deliver - i chase up the order only to be told - we have part of it in but not expecting the other bits until after 26th november and then you still may not get it because the colours may not match due to the batches - i asked if they could guarantee delivery before christmas cos i only ordered in september because it stated delivery WITHIN 28 days - they said NO i then spoke to just about everyone within the customer services to no avail - so i said forget it and cancel my order im going elsewhere - their loss someone else is now getting my money/order - their customer service is a complete waste of space

Well in that case i will defiately email them tomorrow and tell them what a terrible service they offer and i have gone somewhere else

Today

the reason you could not do it was cos they had the wrong price on it yesterday argos.co.uk/web…%3E

129 is the price they are SCUM and they know it edit actually they are thick a f cos today the price of the ds bundle is £129 and the essential is 19.99 and they still add together at end of checkout to £155 LOL thick bstrds

Dont know why, but I always feel like i need a hot shower after visiting an argos store.

Original Poster

Well if i ever got through to customer services i could tell you what they say

WELL i finally got through but i am now on hold:? is he ever going to get back on the line.....

Yes he did and he said at first dont worry we will do that all for me and at the end didnt mention the £10 gift voucher so i said and what about the £10 and he said oh yes well i can sort that out for you too.
So he rang me and i just ordered the ds lite with cooking guide, essential kit and he knocked the £10 voucher off this order so i never argued over it and it all came to £99 which i didnt think was too bad

Glad to hear you got it sorted .
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213593
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763960
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17386132
    4. Better watch out for these...912

See more discussions