Argos Bed frame warranty ?

Posted 17th Nov
Ordered a bed frame 3 weeks ago form Argos was on offer now its £300,

the slats keep falling off when u go on it and one broke went on chat they refused to replace or refund they asked me to phone castelan group so they come inspect it what are my options i thought when it is under 30 days they required to exchange/refund it dose say that but they were insisting they cant do that without inspecting it.
Community Updates

Groups

10 Comments
Not unreasonable for a merchant to clarify that the issue is a genuine manufacturing fault and not some possible user error / misuse / etc. So likely not a refusal, just a temporary hold until clarified. Your statutory rights are unaffected. Would only be unreasonable if the merchant or its rep did not arrange appropriately prompt inspection.
I'm not trying to be funny but are you sure you put it together properly.
Dismantle it and put it together again using the instructions
It may well be faulty but in my experience a lot of ppl make an error when putting these frames together
It was asembled as instructed,It's not just me lots of rewiues on other beds with same issue they use same slats and desing for all of their bed frames.
jimmy_the_fridge17/11/2019 23:50

I'm not trying to be funny but are you sure you put it together …I'm not trying to be funny but are you sure you put it together properly.Dismantle it and put it together again using the instructionsIt may well be faulty but in my experience a lot of ppl make an error when putting these frames together

Like he says. I worked in a shop which literally stopped selling beds due to customers putting slats upside down and breaking them.

Anyhow don't touch a thing until argos inspection has been. Don't even try and prop it up or you will be blamed.
Is there an argos near you?
Tbh it's normal with furniture.
I had M&S sent their inspection company within days, report done and solution offered quickly.

30 days is for unused items btw.
AMaky18/11/2019 01:14

...30 days is for unused items btw.

Consumer Rights Act provides the buyer with a 30day window to reject and claim full refund for items of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described. This is unrelated to Argos additionally voluntarily offering a 30day return window for unused items.
I had a bed from Argos and the main frame broke. As it was under a year old they sent me a new one and collected the broken one. No questions asked or any inspection done
I once fitted slats wrong way, it's strange how they make them. I bought insurance for my bed and they still refused to pay because the middle bar wood had snapped. But once I put a complaint they paid out.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants