Argos Care - Nintendo Switch

Posted 14th Sep
Hi, Argos offered this to me for £2.09 a month, for accidental damage and breakdown. Seems pretty good and you can cancel whenever you want to.

Is it worth doing? My only concern would be is that they'd look to repair it - is that domestic and general, or would they have Nintendo fix it?
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

27 Comments
How did you get this offer?!
deals6914/09/2019 22:10

How did you get this offer?!

When I bought it, she wrote some figures on the slip. The monthly one was £2.09
superfreddy14/09/2019 22:13

When I bought it, she wrote some figures on the slip. The monthly one was …When I bought it, she wrote some figures on the slip. The monthly one was £2.09

Ahh ok seems like a great deal
deals6914/09/2019 22:15

Ahh ok seems like a great deal

I'll have to go back to a store for it though. I'll have a think about it.
If you paid by credit card you get 2 year warranty anyway.
RiverDragon814/09/2019 22:22

Not for accidental damage though
jco8314/09/2019 22:52

Not for accidental damage though

Unless you're a cluts, you don't need accidental damage.
RiverDragon814/09/2019 23:00

Unless you're a cluts, you don't need accidental damage.

But if your letting a kid play on it, it might be a good idea.

superfreddy14/09/2019 22:16

I'll have to go back to a store for it though. I'll have a think about it.

Sounds like a good deal to me and definitely something I would go for.

My lads needed a new set of joy cons in less than a year of having his switch and they were £70 to replace.
myusernamehasgone23415/09/2019 02:03

But if your letting a kid play on it, it might be a good idea. Sounds like …But if your letting a kid play on it, it might be a good idea. Sounds like a good deal to me and definitely something I would go for.My lads needed a new set of joy cons in less than a year of having his switch and they were £70 to replace.

Only let them play in dock mode, and if you're experience drifting, it's easy to fix it yourself.
RiverDragon815/09/2019 02:22

Only let them play in dock mode, and if you're experience drifting, it's …Only let them play in dock mode, and if you're experience drifting, it's easy to fix it yourself.

Well it’s too late now for me.

But my kids wouldn’t only want to use it docked

Plus i’m sure I couldn’t have fixed his controllers myself.

Your kids might be little angels sadly mine is clumsy and breaks everything.

Is the 2 yr warranty via credit card payment unique to Argos? Thanks.

Thats not really how it works though is it. Proving an inherent fault under section 75 is not even close to accidental damage cover.
might not be relevant, but I had a faulty joycon, it was well over a year old but contacted nintendo, they told me to send it in which I did and they replaced it foc.
Good offer. I would ask what happens if you make a claim?
Can you make another if required
I took the Argos care today. £2.09 a month. Fixed for 3 years. Cancel whenever you want. Covers accidental damage too. No excess. Even if I keep it for 6 months, peace of mind whilst it's new lol
Is this Argos D&G? I got it for about £3.43 a month, for just under 12 months and then the following year and a bit is free (If I remember correctly I'm now on a free plan until September 2020). I've had one of my Joy-Cons repaired twice and Nintendo repairs them, not Argos
andrewworrall115/09/2019 16:08

Is this Argos D&G? I got it for about £3.43 a month, for just under 12 …Is this Argos D&G? I got it for about £3.43 a month, for just under 12 months and then the following year and a bit is free (If I remember correctly I'm now on a free plan until September 2020). I've had one of my Joy-Cons repaired twice and Nintendo repairs them, not Argos

Yeah it's through them

If your joy cons were in the first year then it would be Nintendo.

I'm guessing if I smash it, they'll just give me Argos vouchers to get another one as I'm sure it'd cost them too much to have it sent to Nintendo.
Mine was £2.09 as I'm paying month by month.
superfreddy15/09/2019 16:17

Mine was £2.09 as I'm paying month by month.

I paid month by month and it was £3.43 or similar, so you're probably on an offer or it costs less now
superfreddy15/09/2019 16:16

Yeah it's through themIf your joy cons were in the first year then it …Yeah it's through themIf your joy cons were in the first year then it would be Nintendo.I'm guessing if I smash it, they'll just give me Argos vouchers to get another one as I'm sure it'd cost them too much to have it sent to Nintendo.

If it's within manufacturer warranty then it's repaired by Nintendo, they apparently will always try to fix a console no matter what happens to it before providing a refund through vouchers is what I've been told by Argos D&G when I took the plan out
I'm talking about the accidental damage part though.
superfreddy15/09/2019 16:30

I'm talking about the accidental damage part though.

They said no matter what happens. I asked something like "Even if I drop it and it smashes into pieces?", they still said they'd try to fix it first using Nintendo's repair service
andrewworrall115/09/2019 16:34

They said no matter what happens. I asked something like "Even if I drop …They said no matter what happens. I asked something like "Even if I drop it and it smashes into pieces?", they still said they'd try to fix it first using Nintendo's repair service

Ok great, as long as it's Nintendo themselves fixing it, I'm happy.

Do you have a screen protector?
superfreddy15/09/2019 16:35

Ok great, as long as it's Nintendo themselves fixing it, I'm happy.Do you …Ok great, as long as it's Nintendo themselves fixing it, I'm happy.Do you have a screen protector?

I don't on my Switch because one of my friends that did said it damaged the screen in the dock as it got so hot it melted, or something like that. I primarily play docked anyway but occasionally handheld
superfreddy15/09/2019 16:35

Ok great, as long as it's Nintendo themselves fixing it, I'm happy.Do you …Ok great, as long as it's Nintendo themselves fixing it, I'm happy.Do you have a screen protector?

andrewworrall115/09/2019 16:40

I don't on my Switch because one of my friends that did said it damaged …I don't on my Switch because one of my friends that did said it damaged the screen in the dock as it got so hot it melted, or something like that. I primarily play docked anyway but occasionally handheld

My son will have had one of these on his Switch for 2 years this Christmas. No issue and as it's glass it's not going to melt! Still has a spare too. Also feels better than the plastic screen with no protector.

amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1
anlygi15/09/2019 16:50

My son will have had one of these on his Switch for 2 years this …My son will have had one of these on his Switch for 2 years this Christmas. No issue and as it's glass it's not going to melt! Still has a spare too. Also feels better than the plastic screen with no protector.https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N9RG3XS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Maybe the one my mate got wasn't a proper one then, but I've lasted a good while now without using a screen protector. Thanks for letting me know though
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 15th Sep
I'd get this care plan if I were you. £2.09 a month is pretty good. I'll just cancel it once it's not new lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants