Argos Credit Card (Pay 6 Months Later with a £99 Spend, 12 Months Later on Selected Items

Groups

6 Comments
I have an Argos card, and an array of credit cards, however, this is not a deal, and it should not be used to buy Christmas gifts, you should never get into debt to buy gifts for others, it's simply stupid. Credit should only be used in situations that require it, such as a broken down car to get to work, washing machine repair etc.
If you can't afford something, don't buy it.
AtomicTurkey28/10/2019 16:01

I have an Argos card, and an array of credit cards, however, this is not a …I have an Argos card, and an array of credit cards, however, this is not a deal, and it should not be used to buy Christmas gifts, you should never get into debt to buy gifts for others, it's simply stupid. Credit should only be used in situations that require it, such as a broken down car to get to work, washing machine repair etc.If you can't afford something, don't buy it.

While I kind of agree, it can occasionally be useful - however, in the case of Argos, read that bottom paragraph of the image carefully. If you don't pay the entire amount by the end of the agreed period you pay interest from the date of purchase, not from when the interest free period ends.
alg28/10/2019 16:28

While I kind of agree, it can occasionally be useful - however, in the …While I kind of agree, it can occasionally be useful - however, in the case of Argos, read that bottom paragraph of the image carefully. If you don't pay the entire amount by the end of the agreed period you pay interest from the date of purchase, not from when the interest free period ends.

Tbf, that's the case with most buy now pay later situations, Very, Littlewoods etc
As I say I have an Argos card, I haven't ever needed to use it, but I like having accessable credit just incase I fall on unfortunate circumstances.
I personally don't see buy now pay later as a 'you have 12 months to pay for this', I see it more as 'you have 12 months to pay for this- but- pay it off as soon as you possibly can'
I've seen too many people miss a payment by accident on things like this and end up paying a fortune in interest and late payment charges.
The Argos card app is a great way to m keep on top of payments and avoid paying any interest
Incase anybody didn't know the interest rules are changing for anybody that only part-pays during a BNPL period.

thisismoney.co.uk/mon…tml
ChuckTheDuck:
Incase anybody didn't know the interest rules are changing for anybody that only part-pays during a BNPL period.

thisismoney.co.uk/mon…tml

In fairness, the argos card has only charged backdated interest on the remaining balance for a while now
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants