Groups

Argos delivery.

So far all my shopping has been delivered by Royal Mail so it get's left at our depot in town. I need to order some thing from Argos and I'm wandering if you have to be in to receive the parcel or will they leave it with a neighbour? Thanks.

7 Comments

I thought RM had a policy where they would try and leave it with a neighbour unless you put a sticker on your door telling them not to do so. I recall something in the news a year or so ago about this. The sticker basically said you don't trust your neighbours.

Edit: royalmail.com/per…our

Edited by: "Tony68k" 13th Jan 2015

Tony68k

I thought RM had a policy where they would try and leave it with a … I thought RM had a policy where they would try and leave it with a neighbour unless you put a sticker on your door telling them not to do so. I recall something in the news a year or so ago about this. The sticker basically said you don't trust your neighbours.Edit: http://www.royalmail.com/personal/receiving-mail/delivery-to-neighbour

Mine always gets sent back to the depot too

I guess it only works if you neighbours are actually in, haven't opted-out themselves, and the postman can be bothered finding a neighbour, then coming back to your house to drop a card off. It's easier for him to just drop a card through your door and take it to the depot.

Original Poster

But do Argos post parcels? I thought they always came around in their lorries?

Ours always get sent back to the sorting office. Not a case of not trusting our neighbours but a lot of them don't like it and I don't like having to bother them for my parcels. Of course, I order more than any of them. Our local sorting office had extended opening hours during Christmas. Wish it was all year round.

Tony68k

I thought RM had a policy where they would try and leave it with a … I thought RM had a policy where they would try and leave it with a neighbour unless you put a sticker on your door telling them not to do so. I recall something in the news a year or so ago about this. The sticker basically said you don't trust your neighbours.Edit: http://www.royalmail.com/personal/receiving-mail/delivery-to-neighbour

louisebarker

But do Argos post parcels? I thought they always came around in their … But do Argos post parcels? I thought they always came around in their lorries?

I think it depends what you order, small items are usually delivered by Royal Mail and large goods come in a van, that's how it's been for me in the past.

Leave a note on your door to leave with a neighbour.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What to do?????56
      2. Tradesmen battery power tools.11
      3. Now tv entertainment passes22
      4. Any free Now TV sports passes?33

See more discussions