Argos delivery of preorder Modern Warfare 2 delayed

Just been on the phone with Argos to check delivery of MW2. They are saying 21st November is on the system. Anyone else heard anything from them!!!

48 Comments

Original Poster

Waiting for them to call me back with why. Not happy with the delay :x

Yes, another MW2 thread.
Was getting worried that there weren't going to be any new ones today.

blade176;6777117

Waiting for them to call me back with why. Not happy with the delay :x

Cancel with them!

Babbabooey;6777120

Yes, another MW2 thread.Was getting worried that there weren't going to … Yes, another MW2 thread.Was getting worried that there weren't going to be any new ones today.

:giggle:

order it with game , the using courier service not royal mail :>)

ouch £43 got mine on po for 37.78 now tho its 39 here in stock coolshop.co.uk/cat…360

cancel argos ring coolshop or PO online

Argos have confirmed delivery on release day for me via courier !

Here is the email they sent me

Thank you for your e-mail regarding Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Xbox 360.

I am pleased to confirm that your order will be delivered on the release date. A
courier will be delivering your game for you on Tuesday 10th November 2009. If you
would like to collect this item from store you can arrange it with your local store
and call us to change the address or cancel your order and once the item is released
it will be available to purchase in store.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us at
][email protected] or call us on 0845 640 2020.

Regards,

Caroline Barrett
Argos Direct E-Commerce Customer Service Team.

Original Poster

wanderer;6777305

ouch £43 got mine on po for 37.78 now tho its 39 here in stock … ouch £43 got mine on po for 37.78 now tho its 39 here in stock http://www.coolshop.co.uk/catalog/product/58724-modern-warfare-2-%28call-of-duty%29--for-x360cancel argos ring coolshop or PO online

Only paid £35 for mine, will wait and see if they can improve delivery as game is in the warehouse.

blade176;6777440

Only paid £35 for mine, will wait and see if they can improve delivery as … Only paid £35 for mine, will wait and see if they can improve delivery as game is in the warehouse.

Have you spoke to them again mate ?

Mine best arrive on the rlease day as promised in the email !!

My prestige edition got despatched from hmv yesterday

just emailed them awaiting response

and still waiting for tesco to confirm also

Banned

[SIZE="7"][COLOR="Red"]PANIC!!!!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]

hell yer im panicking!

well reply from tesco so hopefully argos will follow in there footsteps

I have looked into this for you and am glad to confirm that the game would be posted through a private courier service. This will prevent any delay

ChrisUK;6777386

Argos have confirmed delivery on release day for me via courier !

Seems a tad extreme to notify you by courier.

Hope that didn't cost you any extra when you ordered

BFN,

fp.

fanpages;6781812

Seems a tad extreme to notify you by courier.Hope that didn't cost you … Seems a tad extreme to notify you by courier.Hope that didn't cost you any extra when you ordered ;)BFN,fp.

haha

update for me
Thank you for your e-mail regarding Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (Cert 18) PS3.

I am pleased to confirm that the above item will be dispatched via Royal Mail on Thursday 5th November 2009, please can you allow 5 working days for this item to arrive.

ffs, so it's not a courier after all, its RM

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the delivery of your Modern Warfare Game.

I can confirm that your game is being dispatched and should be with you shortly. It
will be delivered by Royal Mail. Due to the current postal dispute we are
experiencing some delays in orders being received. Should your order not be
delivered in the next 48 hours then please contact us again and we will be happy to
look into it for you.

ChrisUK;6784885

ffs, so it's not a courier after all, its RM :(Thank you for your e-mail … ffs, so it's not a courier after all, its RM :(Thank you for your e-mail regarding the delivery of your Modern Warfare Game.I can confirm that your game is being dispatched and should be with you shortly. Itwill be delivered by Royal Mail. Due to the current postal dispute we areexperiencing some delays in orders being received. Should your order not bedelivered in the next 48 hours then please contact us again and we will be happy tolook into it for you.

+1 ass hoooos

If its not delivered by Tuesday @ 2pm, I will be going out & buying one from Asda !!

Status
573/5552 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (Cert 18) PS3: Delivery 10/11.
+ see full order details
1 £44.99 We've delivered your item.
?????????????????

Was that from the Website ?

Mine still says:

Cat No. Product Qty Price Status
573/5569 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Xbox360 (Cert 18): Del 10/11.

+ see full order details
1 £44.99

Your order has been placed. You will be contacted to arrange a convenient delivery date (except for items which are delivered free by post or courier).

yes from the website

but its not here yet ????

might be yours is the 360 mines the ps3 version

Posties robbed it !!

Give them a ring mate

just phoned Argos and they confirmed that mine was sent out yesterday, they didn't have a clue if it was RM or courier that would deliver it though, they did say that it should have been delivered today! but to allow upto 3 days

bandish1888;6789761

just phoned Argos and they confirmed that mine was sent out yesterday, … just phoned Argos and they confirmed that mine was sent out yesterday, they didn't have a clue if it was RM or courier that would deliver it though, they did say that it should have been delivered today! but to allow upto 3 days

whats it say on your online tracking ??????? mine says delivered

Tesco are sending them by Royal Mail and are not posting them until tomorrow. :x

Thank you for your e-mail regarding delivery of your order.

I can confirm that your order is being delivered by Royal Mail. There are no guarantees that your game will be delivered on the release date due to current postal strikes. As your game is already in possession of Royal Mail this is out of our control.

I would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.

And yet, the argos home page cleary states "our deliveries are not affected by RM strikes" i smell BS

573/5552 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (Cert 18) PS3:*** Delivery 10/11.***

+ see full order details 1 £44.99 ***We've delivered your item.***
pah yer right course you have delivered it.. NOT, so glad I got this paid for at £34

AND THIS FROM THEIR DELIVERY PAGE....
Royal Mail deliveries
Our deliveries are unaffected by any Royal Mail strikes. We have made alternative delivery methods for those items that were delivered by Royal Mail.

JayIce;6792185

Thank you for your e-mail regarding delivery of your order.I can confirm … Thank you for your e-mail regarding delivery of your order.I can confirm that your order is being delivered by Royal Mail. There are no guarantees that your game will be delivered on the release date due to current postal strikes. As your game is already in possession of Royal Mail this is out of our control.I would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.And yet, the argos home page cleary states "our deliveries are not affected by RM strikes" i smell BS

I wouldn't worry too much as the Postal strikes have been called off

news.sky.com/sky…ces

Yay, the post strike isn't going ahead !!!!!!!!

any update anyone recieved it yet from argos ??????

Twotellys;6791148

whats it say on your online tracking ??????? mine says delivered

mine says delivered too, but its not!

Just called Argos as I lost my order number. Customer services said that it has been sent to Royal Mail for posting, so that might be why it says delivered! I guess Argos don't know when it will arrive at your home.

They did say it "should" be there by Tuesday!

post been today no game damm it!

still not here for me, hope its here tomorrow, mine says delivered on my account... does anyone else's say that?, it also says a signature is required for this delivery?

It means they have delivered it to royal mail sorting office who will then decide when to deliver to you.

I had the same hassle over ODST which I never got on release day because of their farce of a pre order

Anyone recieve today ?????

not here :x
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846082
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763938
    3. Cheapo tips for around the home. Aka "life hacks"2032
    4. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2450

See more discussions