Argos dishwasher in warranty period failed

Posted 10th OctEdited by:"SOUTHWALES"
Hi, my pro action dishwasher from Argos has broken within 6 months, just rang Argos and they said I need to ring back before 5pm to be put through to an engineer for a home visit that I will do tomorrow. As the dishwasher was only £140 delivered I thought they possibly would not repair as surely an engineer visit plus parts if needed would have made such a cheap dishwasher a right off. Basically the dishwasher washes for about 30 mins then just jumps to pause with the pause light flashing, it is not getting to the dry cycle or going to end. The dishwasher is draining before going into pause mode and does get hot so not sure where is is going wrong. Any ideas if I am over looking anything? filter is clean.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
This is at the start of another wash just a few mins in, it will wash anywhere from about 10 mins to 30 mins before jumping to pause, could I be doing something wrong although don't know why as it has worked great for the first 5 months, I don't use rinse aid or salt as I buy the all in tables. I have noticed that the where you add salt at the bottom is full of water is this normal.
The rinse aid and salt light are illuminated I can not think if they have always been illuminated or not.

38642392-6FPD4.jpg
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 10th Oct
Wait, so they offered an engineer to come out and look at it but you said no to that?
Haircut_10010/10/2019 20:02

Wait, so they offered an engineer to come out and look at it but you said …Wait, so they offered an engineer to come out and look at it but you said no to that?

No will ring back in morning to speak to engineer as by the time I rang tonight all engineers finished at 5pm so told to ring back, I just want to make sure I am not over looking anything before committing to an engineer visit.
Haircut_10010/10/2019 20:02

Wait, so they offered an engineer to come out and look at it but you said …Wait, so they offered an engineer to come out and look at it but you said no to that?

No. OP has to speak to an engineer to discuss remedial action prior to 5pm, otherwise the dishwasher turns into a pumpkin, just in time for B day Halloween celebrations.
Even with the lights showing on the rinse aid and salt indicators, the dishwasher should still run a full cycle. It’s normal for the salt compartment to be full of water as the machine expects there to be salt ready to dissolve when washing.
Although you use an all in one tablet, for the sake of 65p buy some dishwasher salt and see if that does actually make a difference.
I also see that you’re running it on the highest super 65* setting. Try another setting such as quickwash or the lowest temperature and see if it still jumps to pause.
A hard powercycle has resolved many a bizarre issue with my white goods.
Try tipping it back and see if any water runs out. My dishwasher (different make) had a drip tray with a switch which cut it off if there was a leak.
Wow! Does it really take 9 hours when working? I thought mine was slow taking an hour!
Basically you get what you pay for.

Get the engineer out to fix it and expect that once it’s fixed and out of warranty for it to break again and the engineer costs then are usually £100 + parts meaning that you may as well buy a new machine.

Cheap appliances are a false economy, I think I paid about £300 for my Bosch dishwasher and haven’t had one engineer visit in 8 years I’ve owned it. Similar experience for my other Bosch appliances.

In contrast to that I used to buy indesit/beko/hotpoint stuff and would have had 2-3 engineer calls outs or repairs (I would do myself) in that time.
chocci11/10/2019 04:00

Wow! Does it really take 9 hours when working? I thought mine was slow …Wow! Does it really take 9 hours when working? I thought mine was slow taking an hour!

Delay timer not wash cycle times.
Try leaving it unplugged for a bit/switched off at mains. Then try again.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants