ARGOS dresscode

Found 21st Oct 2015
I start work at Argos on Friday and I am wondering if anyone knows if all black trainers are acceptable as footwear?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
10 Comments

Are you customer facing? I would have said if they are 'smart' black trainers coupled with a pair of trousers you'll probably be ok. Whats the worst that could happen?

Hallsie

Are you customer facing? I would have said if they are 'smart' black … Are you customer facing? I would have said if they are 'smart' black trainers coupled with a pair of trousers you'll probably be ok. Whats the worst that could happen?

They could decide that his lack of effort in wearing trainers instead of shoes mean he is not someone they want and he may not get past his probation period.
Then he could find out that he has got his girlfriend pregnant and she has been kicked out by her strick catholic parents.
He is now jobless with a pregnant homeless girlfriend to support.

Wait it could get worse...

the black trainers he has on whilst walking home (from his first and last day at work) could have the laces come undone, he is on the phone to his newly homeless and pregnant girlfriend trying to calm her down when he trips and falls into the path of an oncomming car.

He survives but is left with intermittent seizures from a head injury, meaning that holding down a job becomes impossible.
To make matters worse his pregnant girlfriend was only 15 and he was 17, the police meet him and arrest him for sex with a minor.
Also the woman driving the car that hit him had a baby in the car which sadly passes away in the accident, so the mother kills herself as she has nothing to live for.
His life is racked with guilt, in jail, on the sex offenders register, with a kid he can never see, and intermittent seizures making holding down a job hard when he is out of jail.

I think he should wear shoes...just incase

I would just phone them and ask!

I would of said safety boots especially if you are working out the back getting items for customers.

if safety boots are required then the will be supplied as the are considered PPE

Best would be a smart casual pair of black shoes and if after some time working there it is apparent that trainers are allowed the all well and good.

Better to make a good impression on day 1 than not !!

EliTom

Did you attend the interview...?

scoff

Did you attend the interview...?

Not even applied to work there X)

You could go into an Argos store and try and see what the other staff are wearing.

chezzy

They could decide that his lack of effort in wearing trainers instead of … They could decide that his lack of effort in wearing trainers instead of shoes mean he is not someone they want and he may not get past his probation period.Then he could find out that he has got his girlfriend pregnant and she has been kicked out by her strick catholic parents.He is now jobless with a pregnant homeless girlfriend to support.Wait it could get worse... the black trainers he has on whilst walking home (from his first and last day at work) could have the laces come undone, he is on the phone to his newly homeless and pregnant girlfriend trying to calm her down when he trips and falls into the path of an oncomming car.He survives but is left with intermittent seizures from a head injury, meaning that holding down a job becomes impossible.To make matters worse his pregnant girlfriend was only 15 and he was 17, the police meet him and arrest him for sex with a minor.Also the woman driving the car that hit him had a baby in the car which sadly passes away in the accident, so the mother kills herself as she has nothing to live for.His life is racked with guilt, in jail, on the sex offenders register, with a kid he can never see, and intermittent seizures making holding down a job hard when he is out of jail.I think he should wear shoes...just incase

I'm fairly convinced that if this was a guy, with a username like daisy1234567 he wouldn't have to worry about getting any girl pregnant!

I did however appreciate your commitment to the question

http://lockdownmodels.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/aisling-bourke-2.jpg

If you look like the HOT woman in the Red dress then you dont have to, everybody else does.
Edited by: "allowed" 22nd Oct 2015
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants