Groups

Argos drivers' strike threatens 'mayhem' days before Christmas

Editor
    Just popped up on Twitter via Sky News...

[img]i.imgur.com/GqO…jpg?1[/img]

'Unite union says Argos delivery drivers expected to strike for 72 hours from midnight on 20 December over failure to honour holiday back pay'

Argos said it was working to ensure the action would not hit deliveries this Christmas.

Members of Unite employed by Wincanton at a distribution centre in Staffordshire plan to walk out from next Tuesday.

The potential strike would end on December 22.

United is currently embroiled in a row over holiday back pay.

Regional officer Rick Coyle said: "The drivers have patiently tried to resolve this matter for over two years.

"Now they would like the money they are owed in time for Christmas, which is not unreasonable.

"It is very difficult to understand why Wincanton has allowed this saga to get out of hand because this strike by our members will cause havoc and mayhem to deliveries to Argos shops in the run-up to Christmas".

Mr Coyle added that the strike was only announced as a "last resort".

21 Comments

if the drivers were promise holiday back pay, and now argos dont want to pay them., then of coourse they should strike

All these strikes... Royal Mail, Southern Rail and now Argos... its like a 70s throwback will we be having regular black outs too....

I blame the Labour Government... oh hang on...

I blame brexit!

amauk

if the drivers were promise holiday back pay, and now argos dont want to … if the drivers were promise holiday back pay, and now argos dont want to pay them., then of coourse they should strike

Members of Unite employed by Wincanton

amauk

if the drivers were promise holiday back pay, and now argos dont want … if the drivers were promise holiday back pay, and now argos dont want to pay them., then of coourse they should strike

Members of Unite employed by Wincanton

Wincanton will not be on the Argos Christmas card list methinks...

joanddan7

All these strikes... Royal Mail, Southern Rail and now Argos... its like … All these strikes... Royal Mail, Southern Rail and now Argos... its like a 70s throwback will we be having regular black outs too.... I blame the Labour Government... oh hang on...I blame brexit!

Blame the greedy shareholders,bankers, American companies who don't pay their taxes and the Tories for letting them fleecing us all!

Royal Mail is NOT going on strike.

Post Office Counters may be going on strike.

Totally different thing.

devices

Royal Mail is NOT going on strike.Post Office Counters may be going on … Royal Mail is NOT going on strike.Post Office Counters may be going on strike.Totally different thing.

Shssssssssssssh - that does not make the same click bait style headlines....

Pateo

Blame the greedy shareholders,bankers, American companies who don't pay … Blame the greedy shareholders,bankers, American companies who don't pay their taxes and the Tories for letting them fleecing us all!

No honestly - lets blame Brexit instead... for the next 2 months...

Then lets blame Trump...

trust me... everything evil in the world for next two years its Brexit/Trump... did you not get the memo?

Edited by: "joanddan7" 13th Dec 2016

I blame vegans

Graham1979

I blame vegans

Liberal lefties.... *shakes fist

devices

Royal Mail is NOT going on strike.Post Office Counters may be going on … Royal Mail is NOT going on strike.Post Office Counters may be going on strike.Totally different thing.

Pateo

Blame the greedy shareholders,bankers, American companies who don't pay … Blame the greedy shareholders,bankers, American companies who don't pay their taxes and the Tories for letting them fleecing us all!

Ultimately what the problems with the world in general is there's to many humans over populating, competing for evey conceivable resource, money,jobs,housing,etc etc advances in technology putting us out of job's etc, advances in medicine, we are living longer etc etc! Something got to give! As the talking heads say "were on a road to nowhere" BTW Merry Christmas!! BaaHumbug!!

joanddan7

All these strikes... Royal Mail, Southern Rail and now Argos... its like … All these strikes... Royal Mail, Southern Rail and now Argos... its like a 70s throwback will we be having regular black outs too.... I blame the Labour Government... oh hang on...I blame brexit!

Royal Mail isn't going on strike

Oh dear!

Pateo

Ultimately what the problems with the world in general is there's to many … Ultimately what the problems with the world in general is there's to many humans over populating, competing for evey conceivable resource, money,jobs,housing,etc etc advances in technology putting us out of job's etc, advances in medicine, we are living longer etc etc! Something got to give! As the talking heads say "were on a road to nowhere" BTW Merry Christmas!! BaaHumbug!!

​Think you'll find its more about greed!! bankers milking the system! directors getti.g bigger payouts bonuses governments screwing the people who voted them in! politicians getting back pocket bungs!

amauk

if the drivers were promise holiday back pay, and now argos dont want to … if the drivers were promise holiday back pay, and now argos dont want to pay them., then of coourse they should strike

But what about my little Timothy's Logo set, surely that's more important than the livelihoods of these working class types.

good on them

joanddan7

I've been working for Royal Mail for 3 years and I've never had a day off on strike, there are no talks of strikes in the foreseeable future. I think you mean the Post Office.

Typical big company that's greedy, shaft the workers and cash in the big bonus! I hope they loose millions from it, I'm behind the drivers

joanddan7

it`s not Royal Mail,it`s Post Office Counters,nothing to do with postmen!

The strike has been called off for the moment...
    bbc.co.uk/new…568
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4412061
      2. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp1119
      3. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work66
      4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?34181

See more discussions