argos ebay

Hello,
I recently purchased a slow cooker from Argos eBay, the box was damaged and the the metal container has a big dent under the handle. Contacted them by eBay messages, no answer so contacted them on the phone, told me to initiate return and send pics of item and they should get back to me to advise what to do, which I did, how long should it takes for them to get back to me? I've looked around but can't find the answer. Ideally I'd like to keep it, as it came with 30% off, which it doesn't anymore. Any idea/advice? Thanks!

14 Comments

You can reject it within the first 14 Days of you receiving the cooker and you can send it back

Original Poster

how2

You can reject it within the first 14 Days of you receiving the cooker … You can reject it within the first 14 Days of you receiving the cooker and you can send it back

Thanks, will think about that, though was wondering how long the have to get back to me
Edited by: "LillyM" 23rd Jan

Always amazes me that eBay sellers can organise click and collect at Argos .. Yet Argos EBay don't offer click and collect at Argos .Crazy.

Original Poster

plodging

Always amazes me that eBay sellers can organise click and collect at … Always amazes me that eBay sellers can organise click and collect at Argos .. Yet Argos EBay don't offer click and collect at Argos .Crazy.

That's a point, can't go there to return item or exchange, though they don't have that one in store still waiting for them to get back to me, in the meantime cannot do my slow cook

LillyM

That's a point, can't go there to return item or exchange, though they … That's a point, can't go there to return item or exchange, though they don't have that one in store still waiting for them to get back to me, in the meantime cannot do my slow cook

To be honest after 2 stand up arguments with an over zealous shop manager due to 2 recalled items ... I won't use Argos any more . The service is appalling .

Original Poster

plodging

To be honest after 2 stand up arguments with an over zealous shop manager … To be honest after 2 stand up arguments with an over zealous shop manager due to 2 recalled items ... I won't use Argos any more . The service is appalling .

Have not had to return things there, but don't buy much from them, as for their eBay store, first and last time to be honest, if that's how long it takes them to get back

You could always just open an eBay dispute, then when the time comes you will be supplied a returns label at their cost so you can return the goods. Then they have 6 days to refund once the goods are delivered, if they don't eBay will.

I have not dealt with them on eBay before but it may be the best option. Once a refund has been received then leave appropriate feedback (not that is matters much).
Edited by: "joshp" 23rd Jan

LillyM

Have not had to return things there, but don't buy much from them, as for … Have not had to return things there, but don't buy much from them, as for their eBay store, first and last time to be honest, if that's how long it takes them to get back

Both recalls they offered gift vouchers not cash . And the 2nd recall denied any knowledge of it . So I showed details on phone . Then said it was a homebase product not Argos , then said it was greeny blue not blue , so therefore a different product , then offered a gift card , then disappeared for 30 mins , then gave me the money after about a 1 hour wait . Disgrace.

I'd try just going into argos itself. They are much more helpful instore.
I purchased something last year though the ebay store, they then lowered the price. Ebay argos told me to take it into store for a refund but they wouldn't refund the difference in price. They ended up refunding me the difference in store.

Original Poster

joshp

You could always just open an eBay dispute, then when the time comes you … You could always just open an eBay dispute, then when the time comes you will be supplied a returns label at their cost so you can return the goods. Then they have 6 days to refund once the goods are delivered, if they don't eBay will. I have not dealt with them on eBay before but it may be the best option. Once a refund has been received then leave appropriate feedback (not that is matters much).

I've already opened an intent to return or something but was told on the phone to send a message and see what they say (either return or keep with refund) suppose I'll wait and see, thanks for answer though

Original Poster

ungnome

I'd try just going into argos itself. They are much more helpful instore. … I'd try just going into argos itself. They are much more helpful instore. I purchased something last year though the ebay store, they then lowered the price. Ebay argos told me to take it into store for a refund but they wouldn't refund the difference in price. They ended up refunding me the difference in store.

Thanks! They don't seem to have the same in store, might poo on tomorrow and see if they can help

LillyM

I've already opened an intent to return or something but was told on the … I've already opened an intent to return or something but was told on the phone to send a message and see what they say (either return or keep with refund) suppose I'll wait and see, thanks for answer though

​ring them again and see what's the progress they may let u keep.it with a bit more discount I don't see it been cost effective to return it if they can give u a discount and u don't care about a dent I wouldn't either if I got more money knocked off.

Original Poster

muddassarsardar

​ring them again and see what's the progress they may let u keep.it with a … ​ring them again and see what's the progress they may let u keep.it with a bit more discount I don't see it been cost effective to return it if they can give u a discount and u don't care about a dent I wouldn't either if I got more money knocked off.

Thanks for that I might try this now and see what they can do, on the phone she didn:t seem to be able to do much, or I'll give them another day, and hopefully get it resolved soon

Original Poster

muddassarsardar

​ring them again and see what's the progress they may let u keep.it with a … ​ring them again and see what's the progress they may let u keep.it with a bit more discount I don't see it been cost effective to return it if they can give u a discount and u don't care about a dent I wouldn't either if I got more money knocked off.

I've just called them, spoke to a really nice guy, he looked at the pictures I sent, told me to keep it and sent me a full refund so they may be slow to reply but great service, wasn't cost efficient for them to get it back. Now let's just hope the hot plate isn't damaged and won't burn the house down if used oO
Edited by: "LillyM" 24th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just got Kodi now what?1125
    2. Which Smart Watch for Running?11
    3. Iptv33
    4. Boiler Question22

See more discussions