Argos Games Console Returns

Found 7th Dec 2013
Argos say that their video games consoles are excluded from the 30 day money back guarantee (in store purchases of course).

Does this mean that there is no possible way to return a console after it has been purchased even if it is unopened? Even if its just within a couple of days?
Community Updates
Been as its unopened I would presume they should HAVE to accept it back with in the period of 14-28,days

If its a ps4/xbone just sell it your self and make a profit.
To be sure just walk in and ask.
They do not have to take it back but if it is unopened they may at the store managers discretion. If they say no then you are stuck with it because they have stated it is excluded - unless it is faulty, which means you would have opened it to know that.
That's only Argos' money back guarantee. Your statutory rights are not affected if the goods are faulty. See citizensadvice.org.uk/ind…htm for full advice. If there's nothing wrong with it, or unopened then you have no rights to return it unless it was bought online, then see above for your rights under the Distance Selling Regulations.
Things that are excluded from 30 days rule can be returned if faulty.
If it's a PS4/Xbox one. I'd sell it, just be mindful of the fee's when doing so on ebay.
Original Poster
Thanks guys. Its not a PS4, its a PS Vita. So even if its sealed and unopened they won't take it back? Bit of a bummer that, but luckily I got it from Game this morning which was a better deal.

Post a comment

Top Discussions

Top Merchants