ARGOS good or bad?

Found 20th Jan 2009
i decided that i think argos is not a good company as alot of their goods are overpriced and the customer service is rubbish at the best of time, also deals posted on here and on there website dont go though correctly. although i do love there boxing day sale so many great buys if you get there at the right time

do you like or dislike argos?

28 Comments

their in fnancial trouble aren't they ?

legend of the high street imo

dont like them, never did

Original Poster

are they!? didnt think they would go down

I like the company, I just don't like all the people who shop there in the sales, too much pushing & shoving to get a space at a catalogue.

I like nicking the little blue pens as well.

As a rule I like them, but today they've peeved me off lol.. bought a dvd player that was advertised as a divx player, but now suddenly it isn't grrrrr. back it goes, lol.

Hope they're not in trouble, would be sad to see them gone.

Banned

like them...hate the amount of chavs that use them though

The laminated book of dreams.......

Several mega bargains for delivery only were cancelled due to lack of stock and some clearance items I have bought instore have been used or damaged, look like returned pressies.....still use them but be careful.

Argos The Greek God Of Broken Carp

They are OK but that book, can they not have an alternate ending? It's always the bloody same, stupid Yoga.

Lol.Was in there today ,Stood behind some young mum reeling off what benefits she was getting in order to find out if she could have a store card,The funny thing is she was told if she was on invalidity she could have one so i am expecting to see her there next week in a wheelchair ,

Original Poster

donnydude;4132107

The laminated book of dreams.......

so many items and can not possesses them all........ you know why they are laminated.... to catch the tears of joy lol

bill bailey

Original Poster

myaser88;4132221

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/jan/15/homeretailgroup-dsginternational

not going down just the guy not the top can't afford his 500m pound house then lol

One of the companies I worked for and for some time too. Actually probably one of the best places I have worked.

I am not sure why it has the reputation it does. It seems a large majority of customers just feel like being an awkward something or other with you. I have worked in other retail stores and you don't seem to get it from those customers, it's almost as if they come in with an 'awkward mindset'.

A lot of peoples gripe is the service time, which, as figures show, is actually a lot less than most stores (average is or was around 3min) from till to collection. When was the last time you did that in a lot of other stores? It's probably just boredom while waiting for your goods that makes it seem an age.

As for them being in financial trouble. I doubt it, its a very successful business, and one that has actually lead in adjusting to new retail trends over the years.

As for their actual figures, its been a few years since I have seen them but I can't really see them changing drastically since.

As for why people actually come in with the mindset of hating the place and it's staff, I'll never know. Its strange.

I like Argos when I can get a gd deal from them
The sister in law got the xbox60gb deal with kung fu, ind jones, and extra pad for around 160 just before christmas. :thumbsup:

don't really like it much.... most things from there seem to break far to easily

ur buying the wrong stuff then lol i like it myself

I know some guy who smashed his head though an Argos store window.

I think their alright. Bit like Ikea really.

Typical load of whingers on this thread.

We have used Argos for years, with no problem whatsoever.

Their online 'collect from store' service is efficient and excellent.

Store staff have always been friendly, quick and helpful.

The whole setup is slick and efficient.

Thank you to all Argos staff, especially at Titchfield (Fareham), Eastleigh and Southampton.

And take no notice of the whingers on here. :thumbsup:

renard;4136149

Typical load of whingers on this thread.We have used Argos for years, … Typical load of whingers on this thread.We have used Argos for years, with no problem whatsoever.Their online 'collect from store' service is efficient and excellent.Store staff have always been friendly, quick and helpful.The whole setup is slick and efficient.Thank you to all Argos staff, especially at Titchfield (Fareham), Eastleigh and Southampton.And take no notice of the whingers on here. :thumbsup:

why are people whingeing when they've been asked to put their opinions across so have done so??
you're opinion is that you like them.... no need to slate others for feeling different to you :roll:

i work at argos.
got some good deals, but also some rubbish deals as well. i have to stop myself from telling people... YOU DO REALISE YOU COULD GET THIS 30 QUID CHEAPER ONLINE?!?!

I like them. Their prices are rising quickly though.

spladam;4132331

One of the companies I worked for and for some time too. Actually … One of the companies I worked for and for some time too. Actually probably one of the best places I have worked.I am not sure why it has the reputation it does. It seems a large majority of customers just feel like being an awkward something or other with you. I have worked in other retail stores and you don't seem to get it from those customers, it's almost as if they come in with an 'awkward mindset'.A lot of peoples gripe is the service time, which, as figures show, is actually a lot less than most stores (average is or was around 3min) from till to collection. When was the last time you did that in a lot of other stores? It's probably just boredom while waiting for your goods that makes it seem an age.As for them being in financial trouble. I doubt it, its a very successful business, and one that has actually lead in adjusting to new retail trends over the years.As for their actual figures, its been a few years since I have seen them but I can't really see them changing drastically since.As for why people actually come in with the mindset of hating the place and it's staff, I'll never know. Its strange.

What I had a problem with was staff thought they knew what the f they were talking about when I go to pick up my gamecube that comes with free memory card and extra controller and they only bring me the gamecube and when I simply ask or rather mention excuse me you seem to have forgotten the free memory card and controller to be shouted at an told it's in the box when I know fine well it is not as Nintendo do not give you ever a free memory card or extra controller ( i know the extra controller is a third party POS) then they call the manager and she insists they are all in the box and tells me the only way to settle is is to open the box (but as I am buying it for a present I do not want the box opened before my nephew opens it on xmas day) and I point out the bit on the box where it tells you what is included in box and it clearly states 1 x CONTROLLER. Eventually one of the cleaners passes and says yeah he is right here is the controller and the memory card , its part of the offer (OK joking about it being the cleaner) it was another member of staff one that I respect as she was always decent as this is not the first instance of rubbish service and nonsense.

I bought a 21 CRT TV and it was faulty so I humped it down there after phoning them when I got there manager came out and said they could not replace it Co's it was older than 31 days when It was not I showed my receipt which clearly showed I purchased TV 3 days ago They then brought down a TV where the side of the box was hanging off , bearing in mind the car was in a car park 500 metres away and they handed it over in that state, I then had to ASK for them to tape it up so that when I picked up box the TV did not fall out .

Honestly there are some good staff but at my local there is only (1) the rest are morons who failed maccy d test.

argos is not a good company as alot of their goods are overpriced

buy said goods elsewhere where they are cheaper, and use them for the things that they are cheaper on? or is that too easy

Original Poster

thanks for all ur opinions on argos
Post a comment
@
    Text